Foodsaver Vacuum Sealers $9.99+[In-store Only]

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2021 12:52 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2007
306 posts
188 upvotes

[London Drugs] Foodsaver Vacuum Sealers $9.99+[In-store Only]

Looks like London Drugs is clearing these out.
Reg Price on Amazon is around $3x.xx

FoodSaver Fresh Appliance - FM1100B-033 - $9.99
Includes: Fresh Appliance, (2)qt zipper bags, 2 gallon zipper bags

Foodsaver Fresh Appliance Starter Pack - FM1200033 - $19.99
Includes: Fresh Appliance, (2)qt zipper bags, (2) gallon zipper bags, (1) 3cup container

FoodSaver Handheld Sealer with Charging Dock - Black - $19.99
Images
  • PHOTO-2021-05-21-17-37-16.jpg
2 replies
Mar 14, 2018
365 posts
400 upvotes
I had it. It’s garbage. Better off using water displacement method with a ziploc bag.
Feb 2, 2011
400 posts
232 upvotes
New Westminster
Fyi from Amazon reviews
Knits in Tardis
3.0 out of 5 stars
Containers and accesssories are not interchangeable with the standard heat-seal FoodSaver system
Reviewed in the United States on May 20, 2017
I’m back and forth on how I feel about this unit. A Foodsaver with a small footprint that I don’t have to keep in a cupboard – that part sounds terrific. And I can’t deny the convenience about being able to open a container of delicate produce – like this week’s green garlic from the farmer’s market – take a little out, and seal it right back up, all in about a minute. But there’s a big catch here. For most intents and purposes, this unit might as well not be from Foodsaver at all. I’ve owned their full-sized bag-sealing units for decades, and nothing I have from that setup – food containers, bags, wine stoppers, etc., -- is compatible with this unit. There’s no heat seal per se on this small unit, just a vac port that requires special valves on bags and containers that are proprietary to this particular system only. I can see why Foodsaver would want to do this: there are generic vac lock bags out there now and even generic heat seal bag units like the old Foodsaver. But the heat seal isn’t something I’d ever want to give up, particularly considering that you can fill up a big gallon bag with something liquid-y and hold it (carefully) down below the machine to seal without a mess – something you can’t do when it’s a specific valve that has to be directly under the sealer/nozzle port thingie. If you have the canning jar attachment, you can seal a non-Foodsaver jar, with the full sized unit. With the Foodsaver Space-Saver, your choices are very curtailed – you can use Foodsaver containers – ones that aren’t compatible with the rest of the Foodsaver line, and the proprietary bags that I am really only finding to be good for one use only as they are a bear to try to clean out. (For the heat seal bags, I can generally reuse a few times if the bag didn’t hold meat.) There’s a FreshSaver handheld unit that at its most basic goes for less than an Andrew Jackson; it’s a bit underpowered but handy for re-vac-ing that Foodsaver corked wine bottle or other (traditional-line) Foodsaver containers. If you are a small household (1 or 2 people) with a tiny kitchen or can work with a limited supply of special containers, this might be the item for you. I do some serious freezing, etc. and find that I do begrudge – a little – even the relatively small space this tabletop unit takes up on my kitchen counter, when it can’t really act as an extension of my big Foodsaver.
26 people found this helpful