Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
London Drugs

London Drugs: hiking poles $4.99 each

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2021 11:55 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8338 posts
8876 upvotes

[London Drugs] London Drugs: hiking poles $4.99 each

Saw this in the latest LD flyer. Hiking poles for only $4.99 each. probably only one and not a pair at this price.

Sale starts Friday.
Images
  • IMG_20210421_114657682.jpg
59 replies
Mar 23, 2005
169 posts
41 upvotes
Calgary
shows regular price of $29.99 for me here in Calgary

Lets see what Fridays price will be here.

Very good price. if it is $4.99
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
I can't imagine they're at all usable at that price but who knows. I would recommend the $35/pair carbon fibre Costco ones though. I've abused mine for a season now and they've held up great.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8338 posts
8876 upvotes
whitefinger wrote: Here it is on their site, although there's no additional info:

https://www.londondrugs.com/kodula-trek ... 41483.html
Solarisphere wrote: I can't imagine they're at all usable at that price but who knows. I would recommend the $35/pair carbon fibre Costco ones though. I've abused mine for a season now and they've held up great.
I expect them to be for amateur hikers and not intermediate or experienced hikers...

Can't beat the price other than finding a tree branch on the trail!Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
May 12, 2020
140 posts
166 upvotes
Yeah I'll be getting 4x of these on Friday. I mean, if they are utter trash, eh, that's ok, we don't go hiking THAT often.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8338 posts
8876 upvotes
User396555 wrote: Yeah I'll be getting 4x of these on Friday. I mean, if they are utter trash, eh, that's ok, we don't go hiking THAT often.
Me too.. never used hiking poles but at this price why not?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1309 posts
237 upvotes
Calgary
Good for older urban walkers.
May 2, 2017
174 posts
216 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Me too.. never used hiking poles but at this price why not?
Because hiking pole is not something you want to cheap out on. I went hiking years ago with a bunch of coworkers. No one in the group was a pro. I spent a reasonable $50 on my set of poles, which are really just entry level. One guy bought a new one on a $10 budget. The trail wasn't very challenging but it was a slippery one with patches of loose sand every now and then, and most of us took turn slipping including me. That guy slipped on one of those sand patches, lost his footing and put his whole weight on the pole for a split second. That metal pole instantly bent a slight 15 deg or so causing it to slip as well, and the guy fell and landed on his arm. The arm broke and he was in so much pain he couldn't move. We called for rescue and watched him get picked up on a chopper as that was the fastest way to reach our position. Lesson: better to spend on something you are comfortable to bet your life on, even if it's just for the rare surprise occasions.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3968 posts
4717 upvotes
Victoria
Thx OP! Been looking at getting the Costco ones for my dad (mid-70s) for a couple of years now and my store no longer stocks them. At this price it’s a perfect way to see if it’s something that interests him for walks around the neighbourhood.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8338 posts
8876 upvotes
bliz99 wrote: Because hiking pole is not something you want to cheap out on. I went hiking years ago with a bunch of coworkers. No one in the group was a pro. I spent a reasonable $50 on my set of poles, which are really just entry level. One guy bought a new one on a $10 budget. The trail wasn't very challenging but it was a slippery one with patches of loose sand every now and then, and most of us took turn slipping including me. That guy slipped on one of those sand patches, lost his footing and put his whole weight on the pole for a split second. That metal pole instantly bent a slight 15 deg or so causing it to slip as well, and the guy fell and landed on his arm. The arm broke and he was in so much pain he couldn't move. We called for rescue and watched him get picked up on a chopper as that was the fastest way to reach our position. Lesson: better to spend on something you are comfortable to bet your life on, even if it's just for the rare surprise occasions.
I feel for your coworker... But I think any hiking pole will give if leaned upon in the incorrect way. I mean it's not meant to carry the weight of a person. It's for support...
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
Not sure how well these work in sand, but i'll put these to use when we hit the packed Florida beaches. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1554 posts
834 upvotes
Calgary, AB
muffin4life wrote: Did you buy the Dollarama ones? Any comments?
Nope, I already have poles. My only comment is holy heavy! As quick as I grabbed it I noticed how much heavier than higher priced poles. (Weight not always an issue though)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8338 posts
8876 upvotes
Fort McMurray wrote: Nope, I already have poles. My only comment is holy heavy! As quick as I grabbed it I noticed how much heavier than higher priced poles. (Weight not always an issue though)
I already expect these to be heavier than the pricey ones...
Jan 6, 2006
208 posts
82 upvotes
Nanaimo
Cheap trekking pole, price for single pole in flyer that starts this Friday, April 23. Reasonable deal if you want to try cheap trekking poles. I have a couple of friends that are experienced hikers who swear by trekking poles, I'm a pretty casual hiker but will pick up a pair to try sometime.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)