London Drugs

London Drugs: hiking poles $4.99 each

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2021 11:55 am
Mar 21, 2010
92 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
muffin4life wrote: If you go on LD website, it has ship to store option if your selected store is oos
They called me about half an hour after I placed the order and said that they will be getting a shipment Monday or Tuesday and were wondering if I’d be willing to wait that long. Of course I was.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3200 posts
2662 upvotes
BC
GoBigOrGoHome wrote: They called me about half an hour after I placed the order and said that they will be getting a shipment Monday or Tuesday and were wondering if I’d be willing to wait that long. Of course I was.
Hmmm... wonder if they are running oos at their warehouse...
Mar 21, 2010
92 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
muffin4life wrote: Hmmm... wonder if they are running oos at their warehouse...
They are but two extra days is not long to wait at all.

So people should place an order if they want it instead of going to a location and realizing it has been sold during your trek over
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
tobatoba wrote: Sold out in all Calgary and area LD locations.

but they are handing out rain checks.
I went to the Airdrie LD and the customer service rep said they were getting 100 on Tuesday. She was willing to set aside some if I was willing to pre-pay for them, so I happily did so! They'll give me a call when they come in.

She said they have blue, green, red, and black.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
7687 posts
3292 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: I thought the Costco ones were CF and not aluminum
I have the Costco ones from a few years back, and they are carbon fibre.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3200 posts
2662 upvotes
BC
Bump...

2 more days till the sale over... Order now if you still want them. LD has pretty generous return policy.

Buy now think later...
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1197 posts
488 upvotes
YYC
Poles are in stock! Even though my local store has 397 in stock, the CSR told me that most of them were already sold through online orders so they must be going fast.
Apr 20, 2020
183 posts
114 upvotes
I bought online for store pick up, has anyone received notification that they are ready for pick up?
Nov 22, 2018
44 posts
102 upvotes
ORKYYC wrote: I bought online for store pick up, has anyone received notification that they are ready for pick up?
I did this morning. For 20
Jun 7, 2005
213 posts
48 upvotes
bliz99 wrote: Because hiking pole is not something you want to cheap out on. I went hiking years ago with a bunch of coworkers. No one in the group was a pro. I spent a reasonable $50 on my set of poles, which are really just entry level. One guy bought a new one on a $10 budget. The trail wasn't very challenging but it was a slippery one with patches of loose sand every now and then, and most of us took turn slipping including me. That guy slipped on one of those sand patches, lost his footing and put his whole weight on the pole for a split second. That metal pole instantly bent a slight 15 deg or so causing it to slip as well, and the guy fell and landed on his arm. The arm broke and he was in so much pain he couldn't move. We called for rescue and watched him get picked up on a chopper as that was the fastest way to reach our position. Lesson: better to spend on something you are comfortable to bet your life on, even if it's just for the rare surprise occasions.
So $50 vs $30 quality in this case.
BeBe
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1226 posts
2334 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
CalgaryBen wrote: I went to the Airdrie LD and the customer service rep said they were getting 100 on Tuesday. She was willing to set aside some if I was willing to pre-pay for them, so I happily did so! They'll give me a call when they come in.

She said they have blue, green, red, and black.
LD called me this morning to let me know my 4 pairs (of each colour) are ready for pick-up. Went around 11am, and their display was down to maybe ~20 poles (and only black and some blue), so they're going fast.

Decent quality for the casual hikes that I'll do with my kids this summer. Really easy to extend too much (and miss the "Stop" mark!) and pull a section right out of the adjoining tube, but easy enough to fix. As a one-size-fits-all adjustable pole, these wouldn't be suitable for holding up the entire weight of an adult, but fine for bracing/steadying. The built-in compass in the top of each grip is a nice touch...
Dec 19, 2014
129 posts
137 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Just bought 4 of them at the London Drugs West (Calgary), they still have many left and its right in the front by the cashier. Mostly Black and Blue color but still have some red and green.

For $5, these are very well made, and light weight too. The best is the "adjustable height", my kids are gonna love hiking with these! Thanks OP
Nov 4, 2006
481 posts
530 upvotes
Vancouver
good for kids walking on a level forest trail for fun..would not trust these coming down a 50 degree slope...no thanks..read the above post regarding the broken arm and agree....consider Komperdell, Black Diamond, Leki when on sale....likely you will keep those for a lifetime and these $4 will not end up as scrap. Having said that...less than a cup of coffee.
Nov 21, 2002
13 posts
Toronto
Ordered online and just got my order cancelled.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3200 posts
2662 upvotes
BC
wahine wrote: Ordered online and just got my order cancelled.
Guess they are sold out... Too bad as they are good for the price...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3269 posts
1353 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone received their order and got different colors? I ordered 4 and online had only color blue but I received blue, black, red and green.