Expired Hot Deals

[London Drugs] HOT DEAL - Cetaphil Cleanser / Lotion Sale

[OP]
Nov 26, 2017
67 posts
46 upvotes

[London Drugs] HOT DEAL - Cetaphil Cleanser / Lotion Sale

Just stepped into a local London Drugs and happened to come across a pretty good deal on these Cetaphil products.

Almost all Cetaphil products were 20% off in store already which is nothing too special considering that's what amazon already sells it at regularly.
https://www.amazon.ca/Cetaphil-Oily-Ski ... l+cleanser
https://www.amazon.ca/Cetaphil-Moisturi ... +lotion+1l

But then there is a coupon in the aisle that applies $10 off to $30 or more spent on Cetaphil products.

I found this was the best way to maximize the deal:
1 x 500ml Cetaphil Cleanser - $17.99 @ 20% off = $14.39
1 x 1L Cetaphil Lotion - $19.99 @ 20% off = $15.99
Total = $30.38 - $10 London Drugs Coupon
Final Price = $20.38 + Tax

As compared to Amazon which would have costed $41.35 + tax for the equivalent.
$14.21 for the 500ml cleanser
$13.57 for the 500ml moisturizer (london drugs was a 1L bottle)

That's 50% off!

My wife goes through these like there is no tomorrow, so 50% off is a welcome offer Winking Face

If you don't want to buy the full $30 worth, there are also other Cetaphil coupons that they have in the store and depending on the cashier you get, you may get away with combining multiple coupons. The coupons say specifically that you can not combine offers so understand that you are taking advantage of the rep not reading the fine print carefully. YMMV. I saw a family ahead of me in line that combined multiple coupons on a purchase and got a ridiculous mark down ((20% off + $2 off sticker coupon on the bottles + $3 off Cetaphil 70 year Anniversary Coupon) x 4) - $10 London Drugs Coupon = $6.90/ bottle of 500 ML. They pretty much took the entire stack of coupons with them though...Angry Face. You may walk with a good deal, but be ready to get some odd/ bitter looks on your way out the store if you choose to go this route.

I didn't feel too comfortable doing that and I was more than satisfied with the deal that I walked with which was 100% legitimate.
Images
  • Cetaphil.jpg
8 replies
[OP]
Nov 26, 2017
67 posts
46 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 2:33 am
Costco seems to be cheaper?
Not necessarily, IIRC Costco sells the Gentle Skin Cleanser 1L bottle for $16.99 and occasionally there is a $3.75 off coupon.
I believe the coupon only applies to the "gentle skin cleanser" though. The only scenario where Costco would come out cheaper is if the gentle skin cleanser is what you usually buy AND the $3.75 coupon is available, and even so it would only be a better deal by the mere cents.
That said, I don't recall how much the moisturizer lotion is at Costco though, nor do I remember if there is a coupon for it. But if Costco does not have a coupon for the lotion, this is where you will come out on top hands down.

Additionally, not everybody here has a Costco membership. I know this is RFD so the general assumption is that the vast majority do have memberships lol.. but the membership free access to London Drugs to purchase these Cetaphil products at (or better than) "wholesale member" prices is a win in itself.
Aug 9, 2016
64 posts
172 upvotes
Does the $10 applies to cetaphil baby? I didn't know you could stack coupons as the last time I tried they wouldnt allow me to use two coupons.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2017
67 posts
46 upvotes
John8graz wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 3:59 am
Does the $10 applies to cetaphil baby? I didn't know you could stack coupons as the last time I tried they wouldnt allow me to use two coupons.
Yes it does apply to cetaphil baby. Stacking coupons is hit or miss though, it really depends on the cashier
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3156 posts
6368 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
The deal is in the current LD Showcase Savings Event flyer (June 15 to 27, 2018) and technically the coupon is for a "BONUS $10 London Drugs Gift Card With a minimum $30 Cetaphil purchase".

Some less lenient cashiers will apply the "Bonus Gift Card" to your original purchase and others may provide you with a GC for future use instead.

FYI, in case anyone wonders why they got a GC and not a discount. :)