London Drugs

HOT!!! Klipsch RB-61 II Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - $323.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2021 1:04 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1303 posts
800 upvotes
After a while of waiting on the status of my order, they're transferring a pair from a BC store to their fulfillment centre then to me.

To keep things simple and cost effective, I think I'll be pairing these with a SMSL AD18 amp.
Dec 14, 2016
155 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
Was told I bought ghost stock… anyone who’s interested in returning it please let me know…would like to purchase this off you!
Dec 24, 2005
311 posts
217 upvotes
Same boat. I was given the option to get floor models @ $299 and took it. Fingers crossed.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12276 posts
10646 upvotes
Oil Country
TySloth wrote: Same boat. I was given the option to get floor models @ $299 and took it. Fingers crossed.
Better than nothing I guess... and you really need to abuse speakers to wreck them. My buddy bought some floor model RP-160M speakers from LD a few years ago, they had no issues. They only thing was they were missing the stand. Not a huge issue for him though, considering the price he paid.
Sep 21, 2006
553 posts
190 upvotes
Amherstview
First time ordering from LD.
Ordered Rp-600M and RC-52 center channel speakers. Both shipped around same time from two different warehouses. Rc-52 shipped from AB via CanadaPost and took 3 business days. On the other hand, the RP-600m took its own sweet time. Also shipped via CanadaPost and just received it today after 2 weeks.

Found a minor hole in the box; not sure the extent of the damage as I was on my way out. The other thing that caught my attention is that it had a "Customer returned within 15 days" sticker on it. Is this usual practice for LD to ship out open box\refurb item? Not sure what should I do...return it back for a replacement?
Images
  • 20210908_132043.jpg
  • 20210908_131925.jpg
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12276 posts
10646 upvotes
Oil Country
micron15 wrote: First time ordering from LD.
Ordered Rp-600M and RC-52 center channel speakers. Both shipped around same time from two different warehouses. Rc-52 shipped from AB via CanadaPost and took 3 business days. On the other hand, the RP-600m took its own sweet time. Also shipped via CanadaPost and just received it today after 2 weeks.

Found a minor hole in the box; not sure the extent of the damage as I was on my way out. The other thing that caught my attention is that it had a "Customer returned within 15 days" sticker on it. Is this usual practice for LD to ship out open box\refurb item? Not sure what should I do...return it back for a replacement?
Ya... I'd contact them because it's open box. They usually sell open box items at a discounted price. If the speaker is in good shape and works without issue, then maybe just ask them for a discount. If there's some damage, then request a replacement.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1303 posts
800 upvotes
Got my RB61ii's yesterday. Sound amazing and powered by SMSL AD18 flawlessly.

Thanks again OP!

Sep 21, 2006
553 posts
190 upvotes
Amherstview
fudge_u wrote: Ya... I'd contact them because it's open box. They usually sell open box items at a discounted price. If the speaker is in good shape and works without issue, then maybe just ask them for a discount. If there's some damage, then request a replacement.
Checked the speaker physically and while the hole in the box coincides to the bottom left of the speaker cone but luckily it didn't pierce the cover or the cone. This is my first time getting real HT speakers as I am phasing out my Onkyo HTIB system slowly.
I am a n00b when it comes to speakers. Similar to the TV image screen tests out there, is there any tests I can do to check the "health" of the speaker?

Also, did anyone else get a similar sticker on the box indicating it's a customer returned within 15 days? The original factory clear tape was definitely cut open and wasn't re-taped. They just used LD branding tape to seal the box in the middle.
Feb 8, 2012
705 posts
712 upvotes
VANCOUVER
micron15 wrote: Checked the speaker physically and while the hole in the box coincides to the bottom left of the speaker cone but luckily it didn't pierce the cover or the cone. This is my first time getting real HT speakers as I am phasing out my Onkyo HTIB system slowly.
I am a n00b when it comes to speakers. Similar to the TV image screen tests out there, is there any tests I can do to check the "health" of the speaker?

Also, did anyone else get a similar sticker on the box indicating it's a customer returned within 15 days? The original factory clear tape was definitely cut open and wasn't re-taped. They just used LD branding tape to seal the box in the middle.
Mine did not come with a sticker indicating customer return and the original factory tape was intact with the LD tape beside it.

Mine did come with the original price sticker on it though, which I thought was weird.
Sep 21, 2006
553 posts
190 upvotes
Amherstview
I spoke to LD CSR and they agreed to do an exchange. They are certainly a cheap company when it comes to shipping as they use the slowest Canada Post service. Just shipped the return yesterday. 1 week for them to receive it, 1-2 business day for them to inspect it, then another 1 week to ship the replacement. I even offered them a UPS waybill (free of cost) to ship the items back and forth but they refused it
Dec 24, 2005
311 posts
217 upvotes
micron15 wrote: I spoke to LD CSR and they agreed to do an exchange. They are certainly a cheap company when it comes to shipping as they use the slowest Canada Post service. Just shipped the return yesterday. 1 week for them to receive it, 1-2 business day for them to inspect it, then another 1 week to ship the replacement. I even offered them a UPS waybill (free of cost) to ship the items back and forth but they refused it
To be fair, they are shipping from across Canada, and my packages came ahead of schedule. It's probably also much easier for the CSR to follow internal procedures than to use an external waybill. Never mind that they're a large enough corporation to not be concerned about saving on one shipment, for which they pay a subsidized rate.

All that being said, I've been waiting 11 days for them to ship my floor model after changing my order..
Sep 21, 2006
553 posts
190 upvotes
Amherstview
TySloth wrote: To be fair, they are shipping from across Canada, and my packages came ahead of schedule. It's probably also much easier for the CSR to follow internal procedures than to use an external waybill. Never mind that they're a large enough corporation to not be concerned about saving on one shipment, for which they pay a subsidized rate.

All that being said, I've been waiting 11 days for them to ship my floor model after changing my order..
I understand it takes time when getting shipped across Canada. The least they could do was issue a return waybill using Priority service level especially when they screwed it up in the first place. I guess I am spoilt with Amazon & UPS shipping timeframe. It took 2 weeks in transit when the original pkg shipped from their BC warehouse. Heck that's close to International shipment times. To minimize the wait time, my return is assigned to their Winnipeg store which should take 1 week according to Canada Post. The replacement package will be shipped from their Edmonton store which they guestimate about 1-1.5 weeks.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4870 posts
6808 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Damn, I really missed out on these. Anything comparable on sale right now?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12276 posts
10646 upvotes
Oil Country
Nikhilvoid wrote: Damn, I really missed out on these. Anything comparable on sale right now?
The ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 are on sale for $374 on Amazon. I bought a set for my folks back in February and they sound really good.

https://www.amazon.ca/ELAC-Debut-Booksh ... B07B4Q5587
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12276 posts
10646 upvotes
Oil Country
I finally setup my RB-61 II this morning and so far so good. I expect the sound to become fuller over time, but right now they sound okay. I previously had the R-28F floorstanding speakers which sounded okay, they just took up way too much space compared to the RB-61 II speakers. The R-28F are also rebranded Synergy/Icon speakers, and when Klipsch started to water down the Reference series speakers.

I now have the complete Reference series speakers from before Klipsch watered them down. The RB-61 II (LF/RL), RC-62 II (Center), and RS-400 (Rear).

I can't stress this enough but when building a home theater system, make sure to splurge on a good center channel speaker and subwoofer. So far for me the difference between going from floorstanding speakers to bookshelf speakers isn't noticeable, and a big part of that is because of my center and sub. Another reason could be because I upgraded the series of speakers from a slightly inferior series to a better one. Maybe as I watch/listen to more stuff I'll notice more of a difference, but for now not much of one. Keep in mind, I only set them up a little over an hour ago.