Irvins Salted Egg Salmon Skin Reg. $15.99 now $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2022 7:56 pm
[OP]
Oct 31, 2021
3 posts
33 upvotes

[London Drugs] Irvins Salted Egg Salmon Skin Reg. $15.99 now $9.99

Probably one of my favourite fried fish skin snacks. Pretty addicting and it's even the larger 105g bag (versus the 85g one)

Most places sell them for around $16 a bag.

Quite pricey at MSRP but not a bad price at $10.

They sell the potato chips version too for $9.99.
https://www.londondrugs.com/irvins-salt ... 28142.html

Enjoy!
19 replies
Oct 27, 2016
102 posts
114 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Derpnado wrote: Probably one of my favourite fried fish skin snacks.
Okay, I'll bite. How many different fried fish skin snacks are out there?! What do they actually taste like? Are they flavoured somehow, or do they literally just taste like dried fish skin...? Which is... unappealing.

How does the egg come into play?!
Dec 25, 2017
452 posts
1063 upvotes
please explain for white people thank you
[OP]
Oct 31, 2021
3 posts
33 upvotes
mikerg wrote: Okay, I'll bite. How many different fried fish skin snacks are out there?! What do they actually taste like? Are they flavoured somehow, or do they literally just taste like dried fish skin...? Which is... unappealing.
dw
How does the egg come into play?!
I've tried two different type of knock-offs, don't really have the same flavour as the Irvins ones. As for this brand, they have quite a few different flavours when I had them in Singapore but they only really have this flavour here.

Taste: They have the texture of deep-fried chicken skin (if you ever ordered that in a Korean restaurant), so lots of crunch. If you haven't tried those, then hardbite chips are the closest thing I can think of.
Flavour is close to some mild spiced "dry rub wings" with umami. No fishy smell or after taste.
Salted egg bits are coated around the chips as flavouring, which melts and adds some a salty flavour.

Sorry this is the best I can do, and it probably doesn't sound that appealing lol.
Jan 27, 2014
310 posts
248 upvotes
Burnaby
nUseBro wrote: please explain for white people thank you
If you like fish skin and salted duck eggs on their own, you will like this
Oct 28, 2020
185 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Irvins is the best one, back to old day I always bought 15-20 pack from Singapore...
Dec 24, 2014
125 posts
65 upvotes
Locust Hill, ON
Crispy crunchy thick but not hard when done right. Slight fishyness. Clumps of msg. Only get Irvin, other brands are lacking one way or another. Enjoy as is.

Traditionally it is deep fried and dunked in wonton soup, or enjoyed by itself as a snack.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3457 posts
1944 upvotes
Is this worth (at MSRP) the additional 8$+ over those other Krusty brand?
Jul 10, 2014
13 posts
17 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
In for 10! I used to buy these all the time when I visited Hong Kong, but they don't really appear in Canada much.... this is definitely the best brand of fish skin snacks, from comparing it to several competitors.
Nov 18, 2019
308 posts
128 upvotes
GTA
Basically it is deep fried fish skin with seasoning.

Think deep fried pork rinds, except it's deep fried fish skin, and there's different seasoning for flavouring.
Sep 18, 2017
790 posts
1235 upvotes
Vancouver
ChibaK wrote: Basically it is deep fried fish skin with seasoning.

Think deep fried pork rinds, except it's deep fried fish skin, and there's different seasoning for flavouring.
I find pork rinds are too hard and crunchy whereas the fish skins are more on the crispy side of things. It's definitely a different texture and eating experience. I could go through a whole bag while vegging out on the sofa lol
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1922 posts
1770 upvotes
Toronto
so so good but so so unhealthy!! :) Tried other brands..no comparison...
Last edited by Smiley22 on Jul 5th, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1922 posts
1770 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad no London Drug in Richmond Hill ON... so temped to have it shipped LOL
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1922 posts
1770 upvotes
Toronto
TDNGUYEN wrote: Is this worth (at MSRP) the additional 8$+ over those other Krusty brand?
yes!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7174 posts
3645 upvotes
Toronto
Warning - DO NOT BUY THIS

you will lose your house and go bankrupt to feed this addiction
Aug 25, 2011
272 posts
272 upvotes
LONDON
These are like crack. Do not look at the nutritional info at the back, trust. Solid deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1979 posts
669 upvotes
Vancouver
monaki wrote: In for 10! I used to buy these all the time when I visited Hong Kong, but they don't really appear in Canada much.... this is definitely the best brand of fish skin snacks, from comparing it to several competitors.
if you eat 10 of these, you be going to the emergency :p
Dec 21, 2009
131 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Man!!!!! My mom scooped me a few of these when she was in SG…. Killed it all in 1 day!
May 22, 2008
45 posts
17 upvotes
Just saw four of these in the Olympic Village location, in a bin near the end of the aisle, and the price is still $9.99.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)