Oct 13, 2012
1058 posts
2120 upvotes

[London Drugs] Keith Urban Guitar Amp $19.99

Extremely cheap guitar amp!

Only one review from LD:

9 months ago

Good amp with a nice touch

Bought this along with a Keith Urban guitar.

As far as volume goes it does go very loud that I have never had the need to go past halfway for practice purposes. Something that I was surprised to see was that the front panel where the buttons are light up when you turn it on, creating a nice blue illuminated panel.

One minor issue is that when I turn it on (regardless of whether the guitar is plugged in) it makes a mildly loud thump noise that can be a little bit annoying but otherwise sound quality is good.

Overall this is a good amp that looks even better when turned on and I have no major issues with it.

Enjoy!
22 replies
Oct 11, 2018
260 posts
310 upvotes
Oh-Terry-Oh
Ok, now I’d like a guitar deal to go with this ;)
Nov 23, 2018
36 posts
17 upvotes
Thanks, OP.
Not sure if they ship to Ontario...but bought 1 for me and 1 to donate to my kids school music dept.

Doubt it will replace my Bogner, but always nice to have a little beater amp. :)
Oct 19, 2013
23 posts
6 upvotes
vancouver, BC
Thanks OP. Looks like a good deal to try for $20.
Dec 6, 2008
617 posts
297 upvotes
grabbed one, thanks op for 20 dollars can't really go wrong
Mar 31, 2011
95 posts
38 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
lars9201 wrote: Thanks, OP.
Not sure if they ship to Ontario...
They do. I bought a Thrustmaster wheel from them last BF. No issues shipping it here.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2810 posts
974 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP, ordered I might need it someday when I have a guitar
Dec 28, 2006
828 posts
301 upvotes
Thanks OP, I was literally looking on kijiji for cheap guitar amps this week. I play my electric guitar but use Rocksmith game only, so I want to play unplugged from my pc often. This should help scratch the itch
May 7, 2015
44 posts
18 upvotes
Edmonton
Picked mine up from LD today and omg is it a POS. I mean for $20 it's fine I guess. There's an audible hum when no signal is going through it. For some reason the eq knobs start at zero on the far left... so to put them at the 12 o'clock position they are set at five out of ten.l ,whatever that is supposed to mean. The volume on the amp goes to 11 (haha), but you can maaaaybe set it to 4 or 5 before there's ridiculous distortion.

On the other hand, the reverb is nice... So it's actually not a terrible vocal monitor if you have a 1/4" to xlr cable.

Compared to my cheap fender practice amp (which has a similar list price of amount $100)... There's no contest. The fender gets much louder, while being more clean, and has better IO to boot.

I would say this Keith Urban amp is slightly above toy grade. Maybe it'd be fine for headphone listening?
Dec 6, 2008
617 posts
297 upvotes
funt3k wrote: Picked mine up from LD today and omg is it a POS. I mean for $20 it's fine I guess. There's an audible hum when no signal is going through it. For some reason the eq knobs start at zero on the far left... so to put them at the 12 o'clock position they are set at five out of ten.l ,whatever that is supposed to mean. The volume on the amp goes to 11 (haha), but you can maaaaybe set it to 4 or 5 before there's ridiculous distortion.

On the other hand, the reverb is nice... So it's actually not a terrible vocal monitor if you have a 1/4" to xlr cable.

Compared to my cheap fender practice amp (which has a similar list price of amount $100)... There's no contest. The fender gets much louder, while being more clean, and has better IO to boot.

I would say this Keith Urban amp is slightly above toy grade. Maybe it'd be fine for headphone listening?
lol so knowing what you know, would you go 10 min out of your way across the city to pick this up for 20 dollars or just cancel the order?