• Aug 28th, 2021 3:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13435 posts
13033 upvotes
Oil Country

[London Drugs] Klipsch RC-52 II Center Speaker - $199.99

I failed to notice this the other day when I created the post for the RB-61 II bookshelf speaker, but the RC-52 II center speaker is also on sale for $199.99 (regular $449.99).

For those that were able to get a pair of RB-61 II speakers from the other thread, this center speaker will pair nicely with those. I think the ideal pairing would be an RC-62 II center speaker, but those have gone the way of the Dodo over the past few years (I imported mine from an Amazon.com seller over two years ago). The RC-52 II is the next best thing IMO, especially since it's from the same Reference series line.

The other thread:
[London Drugs] HOT!!! Klipsch RB-61 II Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - $323.99
25 replies
Nov 25, 2009
172 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
Guess that you are in luck. The individual components of that package come out to $1723.95 (199.99 for the centre, 399.99x2 for the towers, 323.99 for the pair of bookshelf speakers, and 399.99 for the sub) + taxes. ;)

Looked at Gibby's and I didn't see anything similar on sale. Their Kilpsch 620 package is more recent than this one.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13435 posts
13033 upvotes
Oil Country
grouchy1 wrote: Guess that you are in luck. The individual components of that package come out to $1723.95 (199.99 for the centre, 399.99x2 for the towers, 323.99 for the pair of bookshelf speakers, and 399.99 for the sub) + taxes. ;)

Looked at Gibby's and I didn't see anything similar on sale. Their Kilpsch 620 package is more recent than this one.
As nice as towers are, I don't think I'd ever buy them again. I'd only ever get bookshelf speakers if I had to do it again. I'm actually planning to get rid of my towers because I bought the RB-61 II speakers the other day.
Aug 23, 2012
431 posts
165 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I have a pair of RB-600 and a pair of RP-150M
Would this RC-52 II pair well with either of those.
OR
I try to get a pair of the RB-61 II and this RC-52 II for the front.

This would be for a theatre in the basement using an Epson 5040UB projector witha 120" diagonal screen.
Not a dedicated theatre room though.

Thanks in advance.
Mar 14, 2018
110 posts
174 upvotes
I probably didn't need this or the speakers, but I bought both. RFD strikes again!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1710 posts
5950 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: As nice as towers are, I don't think I'd ever buy them again. I'd only ever get bookshelf speakers if I had to do it again. I'm actually planning to get rid of my towers because I bought the RB-61 II speakers the other day.
Thanks so much OP. Because of your 2 Klipsch posts, I'll be selling my basic 2 year old $200 5.1 Sony system, and am now excited to setup a better system.
May 3, 2020
198 posts
80 upvotes
Anyone know if this can work well with Kef Q150?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2526 posts
2478 upvotes
Montréal
wondering if I should replace my prime cables centre speaker that's obscured by the projector screen with this centre speaker or just move the prime cables speaker
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13435 posts
13033 upvotes
Oil Country
phoreoneone wrote: Thanks so much OP. Because of your 2 Klipsch posts, I'll be selling my basic 2 year old $200 5.1 Sony system, and am now excited to setup a better system.
Yw! I always thought bookshelf speakers had dinky sound, until I took the time to listen to a few different types. IMO, as long as you have a good sub, bookshelf speakers are the way to go.
May 9, 2015
353 posts
147 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
i can pair any Klipsch pair of desktop speakers with this center to create a 2.1, right? RP500MB, or RB61BII.

Shouldn't I get a base instead of this center? as shown here:
https://www.klipsch.ca/products/klipsch ... ter-system

What's the benefit of this center compared to a base, other than price?

I'm only planning to something very simple, like a 2.1 sound system.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13435 posts
13033 upvotes
Oil Country
desiringdeals wrote: i can pair any Klipsch pair of desktop speakers with this center to create a 2.1, right? RP500MB, or RB61BII.

Shouldn't I get a base instead of this center? as shown here:
https://www.klipsch.ca/products/klipsch ... ter-system

What's the benefit of this center compared to a base, other than price?

I'm only planning to something very simple, like a 2.1 sound system.
LF / C / RF = 3.0
LF / RF / Sub = 2.1
LF / C / RF / Sub = 3.1
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1872 posts
3525 upvotes
Good taste and good deal. I just picked up the RP 504C. Should be getting it any day now.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1872 posts
3525 upvotes
xphile wrote: My goodness.

"Our Price $3098.96"

/too rich for my blood;)
Do like me, build slowly. I buy something new each year. Although I did buy the RP140SA and the RP502S at the same time. Next year I finish off with another pair of RP140SA for the rear. Baby steps man, baby steps.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Dec 11, 2009
982 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How do people typically do 3.0 setups for TVs?

If you do 2.0 or 2.1 you can buy those small amps with optical input to connected the TV to it and I think you are done. But I guess if you want to do 3.0 you would need to step up to a full sized home theater receiver (e.g.: a 5.1 receiver) and just disable the rear and sub channels? I guess that's a disadvantage of doing 3.0 instead of 2.0, but I wanted that center channel for watching TV shows/movies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2665 posts
1135 upvotes
Calgary
johnsena wrote: Anyone know if this can work well with Kef Q150?
I wouldn't recommend mixing the speakers, if you need a center, you should try a single Q150
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13435 posts
13033 upvotes
Oil Country
MoreDealsPlease wrote: How do people typically do 3.0 setups for TVs?

If you do 2.0 or 2.1 you can buy those small amps with optical input to connected the TV to it and I think you are done. But I guess if you want to do 3.0 you would need to step up to a full sized home theater receiver (e.g.: a 5.1 receiver) and just disable the rear and sub channels? I guess that's a disadvantage of doing 3.0 instead of 2.0, but I wanted that center channel for watching TV shows/movies
Yup... buy an AVR. If you don't plug anything into the rear speaker ouput connectors on the AVR, then they won't be in use.

I'd suggest getting an AVR even if you're just doing 2.0 or 2.1 setup, because at least you'll have the option to add more speakers down the road.

Just get a simple 5.1 AVR like this and you're set. It's probably one of the best budget receivers out there.
https://www.amazon.ca/Yamaha-Bluetooth- ... 07CQ13BT4/

It's been known to drop to $299 before.
Dec 11, 2009
982 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fudge_u wrote: Yup... buy an AVR. If you don't plug anything into the rear speaker ouput connectors on the AVR, then they won't be in use.

I'd suggest getting an AVR even if you're just doing 2.0 or 2.1 setup, because at least you'll have the option to add more speakers down the road.

Just get a simple 5.1 AVR like this and you're set. It's probably one of the best budget receivers out there.
https://www.amazon.ca/Yamaha-Bluetooth- ... 07CQ13BT4/

It's been known to drop to $299 before.
I have an older Receiver that hasn't been used for many years that I was hoping to use for this 3.0 setup. : https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... l_A_V.html
Does anyone know how this would work in terms of the encoders? I'm sure this receiver doesn't have the latest audio standard, but it has DD and DTS. Would that be enough? I guess I'd connect the TV to it via optical since the HDMI ports are not 4K.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13435 posts
13033 upvotes
Oil Country
MoreDealsPlease wrote: I have an older Receiver that hasn't been used for many years that I was hoping to use for this 3.0 setup. : https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... l_A_V.html
Does anyone know how this would work in terms of the encoders? I'm sure this receiver doesn't have the latest audio standard, but it has DD and DTS. Would that be enough? I guess I'd connect the TV to it via optical since the HDMI ports are not 4K.
You'll be good with that AVR. The newer audio formats will just drop down to whatever your receiver supports.