1665 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[London Drugs] Monster A/V GreenPower AV 775G PowerCenter - $29.99

Some specs

1 wide-spaced outlet fits bulky power charger without blocking adjacent outlets
2160 Joules of protection
7 surge-protected AC outlets
Ceramic-encased MOVs reduce risk of fire caused by power surges
Dual Mode Plus power protection automatically disconnects from dangerous power conditions and sounds and an alarm

Check review here (Amzon.com):
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-MP-AV-775 ... op?ie=UTF8
14 replies
Dec 25, 2010
966 posts
343 upvotes
Vancouver
Not bad. Rare to see a Monster product at a reasonable price.
Oct 12, 2013
431 posts
180 upvotes
Surrey
monster products are all marketing ...... the products are crap imo
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2614 posts
1900 upvotes
Scarborough
Yep, you couldn't pay me to plug my amp into this snake oil. Stick with APC, surgeprotect is very important. If there is a surge, the outlets will stop working, you WANT this.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1218 posts
1665 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Hmm, I could agree some (most) of their products are overpriced (especially on their HDMI Cables, lolll), but that's why if they have decent discount, it's definitely worth buying...

Their quality are definitely good or on par with high end products and so far they have worked for me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
wartune123 wrote: Hmm, I could agree some (most) of their products are overpriced (especially on their HDMI Cables, lolll), but that's why if they have decent discount, it's definitely worth buying...

Their quality are definitely good or on par with high end products and so far they have worked for me.
True except i'm pretty sure these were $9.99 before or a similar monster product at LD. Might have been last year or 2 years ago. For most Monster product, they really aren't even worth considering until they are 70+% off or in the case of cables probably closer to 90%.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1218 posts
1665 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
GVRtrader wrote: True except i'm pretty sure these were $9.99 before or a similar monster product at LD. Might have been last year or 2 years ago. For most Monster product, they really aren't even worth considering until they are 70+% off or in the case of cables probably closer to 90%.
$9.99 for a 7 outlet cord? I see RDF have a general hate for MONSTER, but I can't even find a no name brand from Aliexpress that is $9.99 for a similar item... I mean sure, if you don't like the brand then don't buy it, but don't pull some random # out of your ass and say it aint worth it...

If by that logic, why don't we should post deals when it is "Boxing Day" or "Black Friday/Cyber Monday" as those are the deals you are looking for...
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1302 posts
434 upvotes
Ottawa
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003SWGQNM
$10.19
6 outlet, 2.5f
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003SWDA4A
$12.99
6 outlet, 4f
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000HPV3RW
$24.98
8 outlet, 6f, excellent spacing and phone protection like this one
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000J2EN4S
$25.99
12 outlet, 8f, by far best value

I've purchased all of these and they work and work well. I've always bought belkin power bars/strips and will continue to at these prices until they fail. :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6859 posts
1409 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
One thing that wasn't mentioned is that this is a "green" power bar so that "slave" devices can be shut off when the "master" outlet has powered down. These tends to be more expensive. So the higher price is a bit justified in that regard.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Jul 25, 2007
802 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
skinnydoggy wrote: Yep, you couldn't pay me to plug my amp into this snake oil. Stick with APC, surgeprotect is very important. If there is a surge, the outlets will stop working, you WANT this.
I haven't owned a monster power center before so can't really comment on how good they are, but I second APC surge protectors and would recommend them to anyone and everyone. This deal still seems decent though at 29.99
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1218 posts
1665 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
skinnydoggy wrote: I would suggest reading this

http://www.computerworld.com/article/24 ... otect.html

It will explain the importance of a real surge protector
Besides the fact that your link looks like it's trying to advertise APC, how does it translate to this current deal? What does APC have that MONSTER doesn't have or vise versa?

These are some of the pointers that this unit #MPAV775G have....

PREMIUM-QUALITY SURGE PROTECTION
With 2160J rating, the Monster MP AV 775G PowerCenter protects your valuable equipment and data from AC surges, spikes, and catastrophic lightning strikes.

COAX PROTECTION
1 pair of low-loss protected coax connections for cable TV/antenna prevents dangerous surge and spike from traveling on coax connection for additional safety.

ADVANCED DUAL MODE PLUS SURGE PROTECTION
Common surges and spikes can easily damage or destroy the delicate circuitry in your AV equipment. The MP AV 775G PowerCenter provides the advanced protection you need to keep all your valuable equipment protected against even the most powerful surges. Exclusive Dual Mode Plus automatically disconnects to isolate your equipment from harmful surges and spikes. It also sounds an alarm to let you know that the PowerCenter has protected your electronics from dangerous power conditions.

AUTOMATICALLY SAVE MONEY AND REDUCE ENERGY WASTE WITH MONSTER GREENPOWER
Your DVD player, HDTV and other electronics continue to use power even after you’ve turned them off, wasting energy in stand-by mode. Monster GreenPower eliminates energy waste and saves money by automatically switching off outlets.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2614 posts
1900 upvotes
Scarborough
Umm... did you read it? Or was it too difficult?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1218 posts
1665 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Yes and did you read mine?

The only difference I see is...

APC - If it can't protect your devices, it won't power them at all.

MONSTER - Dual Mode Plus automatically disconnects to isolate your equipment from harmful surges and spikes. It also sounds an alarm to let you know that the PowerCenter has protected your electronics from dangerous power conditions.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)