Expired Hot Deals

London Drugs

Olympus E-M10 MKII with 14-42mm Black $399.99 ($300 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 11:07 am
[OP]
Nov 11, 2019
9 posts
33 upvotes

[London Drugs] Olympus E-M10 MKII with 14-42mm Black $399.99 ($300 off)

First time posting, but London Drugs is having their Olympus E-M10 MK II 14-42mm on for $399.99 (Regular price $699.99). It's a great little camera if you are looking for something that has interchangeable lenses. It's Micro Four Thirds, so has a smaller sensor compared to APS-C cameras but it makes up for it by being smaller and easier to carry.

That camera appears to be only in stores (I can't seem to find the link online). The product number is L6330534. London drugs also accepts trade-ins, so try to stack up those savings.
Images
  • 20200725_185733.jpg
Last edited by LondonDrugsEmployee on Jul 25th, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9895 posts
2904 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't Olympus leave the camera business? Would that affect warranty.
Oct 27, 2018
58 posts
55 upvotes
chinesedevil wrote: Didn't Olympus leave the camera business? Would that affect warranty.
Can't wait for those clearance lens deals tho
[OP]
Nov 11, 2019
9 posts
33 upvotes
chinesedevil wrote: Didn't Olympus leave the camera business? Would that affect warranty.
London Drugs would still cover the basic warranty then, so if your camera was defective, bring it back, I am pretty sure you'll just get what you paid for towards another camera.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1450 posts
2099 upvotes
Toronto
Company still exists. New ownership.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1530 posts
1379 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Not bad. I prefer the E-m5 series for the dustproof/splash proof construction, but this would be good for those getting into mirrorless.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2568 posts
695 upvotes
Good deal, cheaper than used market as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2430 posts
1609 upvotes
North Vancouver
Yes, they announced it recently. After 84 years, sad. https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53165293
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Jan 22, 2015
90 posts
42 upvotes
British Columbia
Micro four thirds isn’t great, the Fuji at least has an aps c sensor. A tiny sensor can’t give you a sense of depth with foreground and background blur, and can’t get colours and shading the way a bigger sensor can. Get an x-100 fuji, a better camera, more compact, and about the same price used.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photographer. Roomate. Son. Photographer.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5231 posts
7306 upvotes
Vancouver
Liquidation sale...

Their quality was going tru the floor for years already....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Feb 4, 2015
618 posts
2183 upvotes
Calgary, AB
EricD707 wrote: Micro four thirds isn’t great, the Fuji at least has an aps c sensor. A tiny sensor can’t give you a sense of depth with foreground and background blur, and can’t get colours and shading the way a bigger sensor can. Get an x-100 fuji, a better camera, more compact, and about the same price used.
APS-C isn't great. A tiny sensor can’t give you a sense of depth with foreground and background blur, and can’t get colours and shading the way a bigger sensor can. Get a better, full frame camera.

People have been going around circles arguing sensor sizes forever now, there is a place for all sensor sizes (ie, most common camera in the world is the super mini cell phone camera). M43 can get you perfectly fine bokeh, as can APS-C and FF. You can't get a new Fuji + lens for $400; bigger sensor costs more, nevermind the glass will also cost more so it adds up very quickly. Average person is not going to be able to tell one or two stops difference (how many stops is a cell phone camera inferior to your Fuji?).
Aug 28, 2017
111 posts
337 upvotes
Verdic wrote: APS-C isn't great. A tiny sensor can’t give you a sense of depth with foreground and background blur, and can’t get colours and shading the way a bigger sensor can. Get a better, full frame camera.

People have been going around circles arguing sensor sizes forever now, there is a place for all sensor sizes (ie, most common camera in the world is the super mini cell phone camera). M43 can get you perfectly fine bokeh, as can APS-C and FF. You can't get a new Fuji + lens for $400; bigger sensor costs more, nevermind the glass will also cost more so it adds up very quickly. Average person is not going to be able to tell one or two stops difference (how many stops is a cell phone camera inferior to your Fuji?).
I moved from APS-C to Micro 4/3. Almost no drawbacks with the benefits of lighter gear. It's about 1 stop difference. If you need to blur everything around your subject to have your photos look good, APS-C and full frame will give you more options... But carrying micro 4/3 with some of its prime lenses that usually sit at f1.8 (depth of field equivalent to roughly f2.4 on Fuji APS-C & f3.6 full frame) it's not like a point and shoot or your iPhone where everything is in focus.

Also OP suggested a fixed lens camera which doesn't let you use different focal lengths. Can't take it wildlife photography. Right tool for the right job. I would take the Olympus on vacation and the Fuji X-100 for street photography.

You have to really pixel peep to see the differences and I used the x100v to compare which is ~$1700.00 new: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/image- ... 4760588412
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7575 posts
414 upvotes
BC
Honestly that camera is a 5 year model. The price it was selling was grossly over priced.
This sale price should have been the regular price.
insert witty comment
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1184 posts
715 upvotes
I have the EM-10 II and it still my go to travel camera. It is light, compact, picture quality is good, and it is just a fun camera if you are into photography. You can argue $399 is expensive for a camera its age, but I would counter bang for buck, for $399 what other camera with lens can you buy for $399 that is better. I can't name any.

For that reason I think it is a good deal.

You just need to know, if you are getting into m43 at this time, that ...

1. Olympus was recently sold to another company, some people fear the future of Olympus cameras, and m43 cameras in general
2. Olympus and Panasonic both have new lenses planned for future roadmap
3. EM-10 is NOT weatherproof like its bigger brothers

It is a camera I still use and enjoy using, and I think for $399 you can't go wrong.
Mar 24, 2003
675 posts
179 upvotes
Any deals for a good lens in the 400 to 500 dollar range to pair with this ?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1540 posts
480 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Great deal, I will bite if it $50 cheaper with no lens. To people haven't seen this in person, this thing if tiny. It me a super travel cam with 25mm 1.8
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1819 posts
570 upvotes
I was thinking of buying a camera lens for digital camera from London drugs (first time). The item is on clearance but only thing is that it's an Open Box/Display Model. The lens is 62 mm diameter, so I am thinking it might be scratched up or slightly damaged. It show's 2 quantity. Is this a good buy because price looks terrific?
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13061 posts
8306 upvotes
Markham
smartphones pretty much kill the camera business

You have to plan when to take camera but you always have smartphone. Even a lot professional photographer use iphone most of time except they do paid business for clients
May 23, 2018
46 posts
61 upvotes
Hamilton
Wish they could ship it! No luck in GTA