[London Drugs] Oster All-in-One Coffee Maker $99.99 Reg $349.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 8:05 pm
[OP]
Apr 27, 2013
519 posts
627 upvotes

[London Drugs] Oster All-in-One Coffee Maker $99.99 Reg $349.99

Not a bad deal for an All-in-One coffee maker. On sale for $99.99 Regular price $349.99
https://www.londondrugs.com/oster-all-i ... appliances

Some reviews from Oster (look for Oster Occasions Coffee Maker)
https://www.oster.ca

Some reviews from Amazon (under Mr Coffee brand)
https://www.amazon.ca/Mr-Coffee-BVMC-Oc ... B07RG7ZSG5

Some reviews from Canadian Tire
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/oste ... 5182p.html
Last edited by namomaz on Nov 27th, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2027 posts
1225 upvotes
Markham
So many other deals from London Drugs as well.
Thank you OP
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1030 posts
840 upvotes
Edmonton
I would consider buying this if it had a built in coffee grinder. Reviews are mixed but hard to find a great machine for under 100$ regardless.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5787 posts
806 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: How the heck does this make espresso.
If you click on pic 2 & 3 on the London drug website, the drip basket can be swapped for an espresso portafilter.

With that being said, I have my doubts in the coffee quality it produces.
- is the waters hot enough?
- pressure this thing will push through?
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
571 upvotes
Well can't find this model anywhere but LD & Canadian Tire. So probably a model number customized just for a handful of Canadian vendors.

$99 is probably the wholesale cost here. Canadian Tire had a sale in the spring for $100 off list, this must be the final closeout.
Few details, didn't see any reputable reviews but if you were already in the market for a $100+ coffee maker it's probably a deal.
I won't be buying one though. Not enough info.

Just for laughs, found it cheaper on one website @ $85. But is that site fishy. Just shouts scam, did a lookup on the domain and was not surprised to find that it was created earlier today. Almost as bad as buying this item at Canadian Tire would be.. where CT still has it at $350. Because you know Canadian Tire really hates price reductions.
[OP]
Apr 27, 2013
519 posts
627 upvotes
ElroyJetson wrote: Well can't find this model anywhere but LD & Canadian Tire. So probably a model number customized just for a handful of Canadian vendors.

$99 is probably the wholesale cost here. Canadian Tire had a sale in the spring for $100 off list, this must be the final closeout.
Few details, didn't see any reputable reviews but if you were already in the market for a $100+ coffee maker it's probably a deal.
I won't be buying one though. Not enough info.

Just for laughs, found it cheaper on one website @ $85. But is that site fishy. Just shouts scam, did a lookup on the domain and was not surprised to find that it was created earlier today. Almost as bad as buying this item at Canadian Tire would be.. where CT still has it at $350. Because you know Canadian Tire really hates price reductions.
It looks like Oster and Mr Coffee share the same model https://www.amazon.ca/Mr-Coffee-BVMC-Oc ... B07RG7ZSG5
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9154 posts
3987 upvotes
Toronto
some bad reviews about the k-cup attachment, but otherwise looks decent. Oster makes amazing blenders, not sure about the coffee machine tho

would just get a really nice dedicated espresso machine, especially to make nice espresso when hosting guests
Nov 22, 2019
252 posts
180 upvotes
Are there better Machines at around this price point ? I was looking mostly for a capp. maker.
Jul 17, 2011
68 posts
47 upvotes
Thanks, the bf loves coffee and has just recently taken an interest in making his own espresso etc. This will make a nice christmas present!
Jan 6, 2008
263 posts
109 upvotes
ontario
Hope you never have to deal with Oster customer service. Very slow at responding.
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
571 upvotes
bobclair wrote: Are there better Machines at around this price point ? I was looking mostly for a capp. maker.

In terms of price, this is a hot deal. You don't see lower prices very often unless you import from the US. And that is a lot harder to do these days with the closed border.

You can find a few basic espresso or cappuccino machines under $100. E.g. here is a cappuccino only machine for $54 US. Now that ought to convert to about $75 Cdn. But in Canada the same thing sells for $123. You seldom find competitive prices in Canada. This is a typical pattern. E.g. I want to buy a popular TV which you can find on Amazon.com for $799 US ($1,100 Cdn). But the best price you will find in Canada at Costco.ca or Amazon.ca is $1,500 Cdn.

Bottom line, unless you stumble across another hot deal, you aren't likely to better this price in Canada. If you are interested read the Amazon reviews. I don't think this machine will win any awards but it will probably do as well or better than a lot of machines costing more.

You can find a few cappuccino only machines on Amazon.ca around $75 with apparently reasonable reviews. So looking around there is probably your best alternative. E.g. here or another one here. Keep in mind these will not make drip coffee, although you could still make an Americano.
Mar 16, 2019
71 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have used this coffee maker for 3 days now. It is pretty versatile. I tried to make espresso, cappuccino and latte and they all tasted good. That being said, the original price, $349, is a bit overpriced, but for $99, I think it is a decent deal. My only concern is its longevity.

PS. Breville also has the same model, which looks to be sold in the UK.