[London Drugs] Pixel 3 and 3xl for $240 and $340 koodo

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2019 4:49 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4247 posts
616 upvotes
Guelph, ON
SammyDavis wrote: They are always in store only. Find someone else to order around.
It's a West deal only, I'm in Ontario. Hence why West should be in the title.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2736 posts
1597 upvotes
Langley
Disregard my post up top.

I found another CSR and he found the promotion. The first CSR apologized and said he was new. He's walking through the process with the experienced CSR right now.

I'm checking out right now.

Thanks RFD
Oct 11, 2011
11 posts
2 upvotes
RICHMOND
he's probably surprised price is so low haha. got mine at downtown location
jellytime wrote: Disregard my post up top.

I found another CSR and he found the promotion. The first CSR apologized and said he was new. He's walking through the process with the experienced CSR right now.

I'm checking out right now.

Thanks RFD
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2736 posts
1597 upvotes
Langley
Also.

I grabbed the last pixel 3 at Brentwood mall LD. With a nice $200 LD GC

They did not have any Pixel 3XL left =(

FYI
Oct 11, 2011
11 posts
2 upvotes
RICHMOND
I saw the availability screen, there's about 40 left in all Metro Van London Drugs. Just call and reserve before going
jellytime wrote: Also.

I grabbed the last pixel 3 at Brentwood mall LD. With a nice $200 LD GC

They did not have any Pixel 3XL left =(

FYI
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1141 posts
462 upvotes
Sask
death_hawk wrote: Seriously I just bought one last month.
I have excellent timing...
How do you like the phone? Do you have any issues with the call quality as has been discussed in other forums? Interested to know if that issue is a real thing that's been resolved or if it's just an issue that affected a small number of handsets.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26029 posts
11476 upvotes
ced2334 wrote: How do you like the phone?
Worst. Battery. Ever.
I don't use my phone much (I have a tablet for most things) and I can barely last an (outing) day.
Compare that to my old tethering phone which I can get like 18 hours out of.

Dat camera tho.
I'm used to meh cameras so this one just seems amazing.
Night: Great
Stabilization: Great
Panorama: Great
Do you have any issues with the call quality as has been discussed in other forums?

What's the issue specifically?
I've only made like a half dozen calls on it but I haven't noticed anything weird.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9613 posts
2402 upvotes
Scarberia
anyone able to PM this at WOW or the mobile shop?
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
May 30, 2017
339 posts
130 upvotes
melatonin wrote: he's probably surprised price is so low haha. got mine at downtown location
Downtown Vancouver?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1141 posts
462 upvotes
Sask
death_hawk wrote: What's the issue specifically?
I've only made like a half dozen calls on it but I haven't noticed anything weird.
apparently audio cuts in and out, echoes or sounds notably sharp and tinny.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26029 posts
11476 upvotes
ced2334 wrote: apparently audio cuts in and out, echoes or sounds notably sharp and tinny.
Sounds fine to me.
No cut outs, echos, or stupid sounds.
But I also use monitor speakers so I'm by no means a sound expert.
Also voip so I'm used to all those issues.
May 30, 2017
339 posts
130 upvotes
Can anyone comment on whether it's worth it to upgrade from the pixel 2 to pixel 3? It wouldn't cost me much to change as I would sell my pixel 2 but I've heard there are a lot of ongoing issues with the pixel 3?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2736 posts
1597 upvotes
Langley
death_hawk wrote: Sounds fine to me.
No cut outs, echos, or stupid sounds.
But I also use monitor speakers so I'm by no means a sound expert.
Also voip so I'm used to all those issues.
From what i've read, it's the person on the other end that has difficulty listening to you because the pixel 3 microphone had issues. So you could hear them perfectly fine, but when they hear you, your voice will sound tinny. So there would be no way for you to know, unless you asked them specifically about their audio quality.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26029 posts
11476 upvotes
jellytime wrote: From what i've read, it's the person on the other end that has difficulty listening to you because the pixel 3 microphone had issues. So you could hear them perfectly fine, but when they hear you, your voice will sound tinny. So there would be no way for you to know, unless you asked them specifically about their audio quality.
I could do an echo test.
Even better since I could isolate just the microphone because I'd probably do it via voip instead of PSTN to voip.
Jun 21, 2011
658 posts
592 upvotes
Vancouver
jellytime wrote: From what i've read, it's the person on the other end that has difficulty listening to you because the pixel 3 microphone had issues. So you could hear them perfectly fine, but when they hear you, your voice will sound tinny. So there would be no way for you to know, unless you asked them specifically about their audio quality.
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!

sorry, back on topic...is this issue on both the pixel 3 and the XL?