[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
3681 posts
1007 upvotes
Toronto

[London Drugs] Prepaid Moto E 2nd Gen - $79.99

Not as good as the Boxing day price which was $49.99, but still good

Regular price is $99.99 so this is 20% off.

http://www.londondrugs.com/telus-motoro ... 54125.html

Can be unlocked easily via unlock code purchased from ebay as little as $5.
[AMD Ryzen 5 1600X | Asrock B450M Pro4 | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | WD BLUE 1TB & Samsung EVO960 240GB SSD| Phanteks P300]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
Ebay
HoFo
Heatware
30 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14602 posts
5074 upvotes
Toronto
Very few deals on prepaid Android phones these days. Everything requires activation / contract which I don't wanna get into, I'm happy with my plan.

Any way to get this phone at a similar price in Ontario? No LD here.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2147 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: Very few deals on prepaid Android phones these days. Everything requires activation / contract which I don't wanna get into, I'm happy with my plan.

Any way to get this phone at a similar price in Ontario? No LD here.
Bestbuy also had this for 69.99 last Christmas .. Its 99.99 right now.. but sometimes goes on sale for 79.00.....
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14602 posts
5074 upvotes
Toronto
geogolem wrote: Bestbuy also had this for 69.99 last Christmas .. Its 99.99 right now.. but sometimes goes on sale for 79.00.....
Yeah, I remember that, I ordered one for a friend, I passed on buying it myself as I didn't need it then, but I need it now. I find the deals on prepaid phones suck lately, unless one is willing to travel into the US.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2011
1574 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Internal 8GB might be a bottle neck, but overall that is a decent eco phone
Sep 24, 2013
995 posts
702 upvotes
Ontario
The official update to marshmallow was released a few weeks ago for Telus and Koodo. With marshmallow, you can use a sd card to increase the internal memory.
acbay21 wrote: Internal 8GB might be a bottle neck, but overall that is a decent eco phone
C
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2147 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
hamachi wrote: is it possible to price match this at BB?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/mot ... 83277.aspx

and.. if unlocked.. with this work on Rogers?
It might be possible to price match with bestbuy.ca online by phoning in. According to their site -- they should: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/lowest ... c1001.aspx

yes if unlocked the phone will work on Rogers. I did it for a friend recently..
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2147 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
buddshek wrote: The official update to marshmallow was released a few weeks ago for Telus and Koodo. With marshmallow, you can use a sd card to increase the internal memory.

C
Yes --- Marshmallow has a feature called "adoptable" storage.. When you insert an SD card for the first time it will ask you if you want to format it as "portable storage" or "internal storage"... If you format it as internal storage it basically increases the amount of internal storage available .... and you dont have to worry about it. They reccomend having a UHS-1 speed SD card though..
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4839 posts
164 upvotes
GTA
buddshek wrote: The official update to marshmallow was released a few weeks ago for Telus and Koodo. With marshmallow, you can use a sd card to increase the internal memory.
Absolutely, did this for one of our phones. Put a 32GB uSD card, had it reformat and assimilate, now have a phone with ~40GB of internal storage.
Rock it.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2530 posts
1279 upvotes
Edmonton
tangerinebarbiegirl wrote: Does it work on WIND ? After unlocking.
We got 2 of these during the $49.99 promo and the unlock code for $3. Signed on to the $29.99 WIND promo too on BOxing Day. Just find that huge thread from last year. Phone works great for our needs and unlocking was seamless.........
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3706 posts
468 upvotes
Vancouver
Lockescythe wrote: are you guys sure this is the 2nd gen?
Now that you mention it, the specs say 4.3" which is first gen. However, the LD website could be wrong too.
Jan 11, 2012
318 posts
188 upvotes
PORT ALBERNI
Every time this phone goes on sale we go through the same thing here on RFD.

Yes it is a Moto E 2nd gen (model # XT1527)

Yes the LD website (along with BB & every other online retailer in the free world) is completely f*d up mixing & matching specs & pics from the older 1st Gen with the current model.
kmchow wrote: Now that you mention it, the specs say 4.3" which is first gen. However, the LD website could be wrong too.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1751 upvotes
Kingston, ON
looking for a cheap android back-up phone with Telus. if you guys can let me know where I can find this one for 79.99 or lower in ontario. Or, any other cheap android phone elsewhere, thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3706 posts
468 upvotes
Vancouver
ips1177 wrote: so confused here...I see the Moto E (2nd gen...i think) for 99.99 on bestbuy.ca yet the same phone is 179.99 on Staples.ca

are these the same models?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/mot ... 83277.aspx

http://www.staples.ca/en/Motorola-00690 ... CA_1_20001
The one at Staples is Factory UNLOCKED and selling for the list price of $180 which is approx $150us as per Motorola. while the Bestbuy one is LOCKED to Telus and is being sold at a big discount, but can be unlocked for cheap by those in the know.
Dec 21, 2008
7 posts
Powell River
Does anyone know if this phone can be used with 7 Eleven Speakout service after it has been unlocked? Also I may later want to use it with Chatr (Rogers). Should that also be okay? Would sure hate to buy a paperweight!

Also I have never unlocked a phone. Any suggestions for Ebay sites to use?

Thanks Very Much,
Rod
Dec 6, 2007
186 posts
12 upvotes
nwboater wrote: Does anyone know if this phone can be used with 7 Eleven Speakout service after it has been unlocked? Also I may later want to use it with Chatr (Rogers). Should that also be okay? Would sure hate to buy a paperweight!

Also I have never unlocked a phone. Any suggestions for Ebay sites to use?

Thanks Very Much,
Rod
I have this phone & got it unlocked by a fellow rfd'er "mobifree" during last boxing day sale. I'm using Speakout and there should be no problem using Chatr as well cos they're essentially the same network.