• Mar 17th, 2018 4:43 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4176 posts
3041 upvotes
Edmonton

[London Drugs] Pro-Ject Debut III Turntable $399.99 @ London Drugs

Includes a BONUS Vinyl Record of your choice (value up to $39.99)

Available in 5 colors.

The Pro-Ject Elemental ($269.99 - save $30) and Pro-Ject USB ($369.99 - save $80) are also on sale with the same bonus vinyl record offer.

Overview

European-made audiophile-quality turntable designed for sonic excellence.
Ortofon OM10 cartridge pre-mounted on 8.6" low resonance aluminum tone arm.
DC synchronous motor drives low resonance MDF platter via silicone belt.
Two-step pulley allows easy transitions for both 33 1/3 and 45 rpm records.
Includes dust cover and braided phono cable.
One year parts and labour warranty.

Turntable:

A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt.
The medium density fibre plinth stands on four fet which act as shock absorbers.
The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
The platter is a sandwich construction utilising the hub, a sheet-steel platter weighing 1.3kg and a felt mat.
The platter's low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless steel axle runs on a polished ball bearing in a brass bearing housing.
External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.

Tonearm Pro-Ject 8.6:

The turntable is supplied with Ortofon OM 10 MM-cartridge fitted.
Uniform material: the tonearm tube and bearing housing are constructed from aluminum.
The headshell and undamped armtube are fashioned from a single piece.
The inverted horizontal bearings consist of two hardened stainless steel points bearing in sapphire cushes.
Flexible counterweight shaft avoids vibration at undesirable frequencies.
The counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 3 and 5.5 grams.
Single-screw fixing of armtube allowes rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
The internal wiring consists of high-grade flexible copper from the headshell right through to the connection cable.
The connection cable has gold-plated plugs and appropriate capacitance and inductance values.

Cartridge:

Output voltage 4mV.
Recommended load resistance 47kohms (MM-input).
11 replies
Jul 21, 2009
309 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa/Gatineau
This is a really good turntable for a good price and I'm shocked a pharmacy would be selling one.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7269 posts
1313 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
twostepdrew wrote: I'm shocked a pharmacy would be selling one.
If you want good prices on mono blocks, or tube amps, check the pharmacy, for prescription drugs check your nearest BestBuy
Steam: SpectralMeat
Dec 5, 2010
52 posts
52 upvotes
toronto
Good deal but if you’re in the market, Bay Bloor Radio has their trade in any turntable for $100 promo. You can get the debut carbon for $499. It has a carbon fibre tone arm and a better cartridge for $100 more than this one. Easy to find an old turntable to trade in. https://baybloorradio.com/trade
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8818 posts
3585 upvotes
Toronto
8738trevor wrote: Good deal but if you’re in the market, Bay Bloor Radio has their trade in any turntable for $100 promo. You can get the debut carbon for $499. It has a carbon fibre tone arm and a better cartridge for $100 more than this one. Easy to find an old turntable to trade in. https://baybloorradio.com/trade
I wanted to buy a turntable but do not have one to trade in, where is it easy to find one?
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2004
1880 posts
211 upvotes
Dieppe, NB
Variability wrote: I wanted to buy a turntable but do not have one to trade in, where is it easy to find one?
Check Kijiji or second hand shops (ie: Salvation Army, Value Village) or garage yard sales. Even Facebook has used parts marketplace listings now

My RFD Feedback: 100%
My HEATWARE: 50-0= 100% Positive
My HoFo Feedback ~ Deal with confidence! 100% Positive
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4176 posts
3041 upvotes
Edmonton
twostepdrew wrote: This is a really good turntable for a good price and I'm shocked a pharmacy would be selling one.
If you are not familiar with London Drugs, they are big into electronics and computers and have a sectioned-off area in their stores devoted to this.

You can also order online.

Here is their vinyl record selection:

https://www.londondrugs.com/electronics ... l-records/
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3163 posts
2509 upvotes
Victoria
8738trevor wrote: Good deal but if you’re in the market, Bay Bloor Radio has their trade in any turntable for $100 promo. You can get the debut carbon for $499. It has a carbon fibre tone arm and a better cartridge for $100 more than this one. Easy to find an old turntable to trade in. https://baybloorradio.com/trade
Slightly different regional markets, no...?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4556 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
I have one of these. So nice!
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1646 posts
721 upvotes
London
You might want to go with the Pro-ject Debut Carbon. I would.
Jul 14, 2007
137 posts
55 upvotes
Variability wrote: I wanted to buy a turntable but do not have one to trade in, where is it easy to find one?
If anyone needs an extra broken turntable for trade in purposes, I have two that I need to dispose of. I'm downtown (TO) and these are free, obviously.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)