Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
London Drugs

Samsung galaxy tab A 8.0" $175 after masterpass

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2017 9:29 pm
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
243 posts
186 upvotes
victoria

[London Drugs] Samsung galaxy tab A 8.0" $175 after masterpass

London drugs has the Galaxy tab A 8" for 199.99 (reg 279) checkout online with masterpass to get an extra $25 off = 175
Last edited by DominicL044247 on Aug 26th, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
Those resolutions gave me cancer by just thinking about them. If anyone wants a decent tablet and don't mind waiting for one, I can recommend an FNF Ifive Mini 4S for CAD $126 shipped. It has an ipad mini screen which is supposedly very good and is a recommended tablet by techtablets.com. Use coupon IFIVEGBV to get it for that price on g e a r b e s t. That was the cheapest when I ordered mine yesterday.

I'm still waiting for mine to ship though.
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
243 posts
186 upvotes
victoria
espo2k wrote: Those resolutions gave me cancer by just thinking about them. If anyone wants a decent tablet and don't mind waiting for one, I can recommend an FNF Ifive Mini 4S for CAD $126 shipped. It has an ipad mini screen which is supposedly very good and is a recommended tablet by techtablets.com. Use coupon IFIVEGBV to get it for that price on g e a r b e s t. That was the cheapest when I ordered mine yesterday.

Was reading says the battery life on that tablet is not great. ,2-3 hours. Has that changed?
Nov 1, 2009
649 posts
430 upvotes
Terrebonne
I am looking for a tablet to replace my old 2013 Nexus 7. Looked at this one and WOW, they still make 1024 X 768 resolution in 2017. I returned my first iPad Mini because it had this low resolution 4 years ago.
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
243 posts
186 upvotes
victoria
yannakm wrote: I am looking for a tablet to replace my old 2013 Nexus 7. Looked at this one and WOW, they still make 1024 X 768 resolution in 2017. I returned my first iPad Mini because it had this low resolution 4 years ago.
what you will replace your nexus 7 with and what price. I actually was thinking of using this one to replace my nexus 7 2013. Didn't want to spend 400 for the tab s2 8".
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19760 posts
23185 upvotes
GTA
espo2k wrote: Those resolutions gave me cancer by just thinking about them. If anyone wants a decent tablet and don't mind waiting for one, I can recommend an FNF Ifive Mini 4S for CAD $126 shipped. It has an ipad mini screen which is supposedly very good and is a recommended tablet by techtablets.com. Use coupon IFIVEGBV to get it for that price on g e a r b e s t. That was the cheapest when I ordered mine yesterday.

Looks promising. The RK3288 Mali-T760 MP4 @ 600 MHz appears to support hardware decoding of HEVC video.
Too bad about the battery life.
Battery Life
When the brightness is set to max and the tablet is used normally I get around 2 hours of screen on time. When the screen is set to the minimum brightness I get around 5-6 hours of screen on time. The battery life is okay, but I think they should have made the device a little thicker and added a little more battery. With my use I have to charge it either every night or every other night.
Conclusion
I think the FNF Ifive Mini 4s definently is worth its price. It is a great tablet for watching movies and Youtube videos, browsing the internet and playing games (but dont expect a high framerate on titles like Grand Theft Auto). I would definently recommend buying this tablet. It is simply an amazing tablet concidering its price

https://forum.xda-developers.com/genera ... t-t3590084

For you and anyone else complaining about the poor battery life/battery drain:

1. First - The battery is 6700mAh and not 4800mAh as declared everywhere on web so that's should be enough for everyday usage (currently I got 4-5 SOT for web browsing and lite gaming)
2. Upgrade to the latest firmware version 1.06.
3. After upgrade wipe the system cache.
4. Disable ''Keep Wi-Fi during sleep''.

5. Turn on Android's developer mode and disable animations:

-Go to Settings > About, then tap on Build number several times to enable Android developer mode
-Go to Settings > Developer options, and scroll down to Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale.
-Tap on each of the animation options and turn them off.

6. For more speed, install a lightweight launcher (for this tablet I prefer Nova Launcher)

I just bought a iFIve Mini 4s. When it goes idle it basically dies. I have to push the Start button for several seconds and it reboots. Is that normal? It cannot be! Is there a setting or something I'm overlooking?

SADLY I am having the same issue. I bought this tablet for my wife and I thought she was being silly and overly dramatic since we know the battery life is not great. However I was using it and it was just on my chest resting for a few minutes with 61% charge and then I picked it up again to continue reading and the power button would not turn it back on. Generally speaking HOLDING the tablet power button for 5+ secs resets the device and it reboots back to 61% charge. This is really sad as I generally like the tablet compared to anything else in its price range, but this is wholly frustrating and hope that this is not indicative of the BRAND or overall build quality.
I HAVE THIS issue as well. When the issue happens, I have tried messing with the power button.... clicking several times and I have been able to recover it a few times but not always. I don't think it is a battery issue. Maybe a hardware problem with the power switch itself? I bought mine from ********. I am going to reach out to them and see if they will do anything. Another issue I have is clicking the HOME button seems to produce a SPEAKER based clicking sound. I wonder if it is related to the HEADPHONE static issue we all are experiencing.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Oct 22, 2007
241 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
how is this tablet compared to the zenpad? also there is a tab e (9.7 inch) on sale for the same price, comparable?
Last edited by mc_bee on Aug 28th, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8663 upvotes
GTHA
DominicL044247 wrote: London drugs has the Galaxy tab A 8" for 199.99 (reg 279) checkout online with masterpass to get an extra $25 off = 175
@DominicL044247, please put the deal price in the thread title. Tia
Nov 1, 2009
649 posts
430 upvotes
Terrebonne
DominicL044247 wrote: what you will replace your nexus 7 with and what price. I actually was thinking of using this one to replace my nexus 7 2013. Didn't want to spend 400 for the tab s2 8".
Haven't found yet. The problem is my kid is so rough on the tablet I would need a rugged case which is not available for many models. Otherwise, I would have purchased the FNF Ifive Mini 4S suggested by techtablet.
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
243 posts
186 upvotes
victoria
yannakm wrote: Haven't found yet. The problem is my kid is so rough on the tablet I would need a rugged case which is not available for many models. Otherwise, I would have purchased the FNF Ifive Mini 4S suggested by techtablet.

I bought this tablet, but returning it wife didn't like the screen resolution compared to her phone and nexus 7. The letters were not as sharp.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
37751 posts
5482 upvotes
Winnipeg
what's the deal with android tablet? they have worse spec than a phone! what's a decent tablet these days comparable to an ipad?
WTB amazon gc @90%