Expired Hot Deals

[London Drugs] Sega Genesis Mini Console - SG-10037-2 $69.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2020 6:57 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 20, 2019
2 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[London Drugs] Sega Genesis Mini Console - SG-10037-2 $69.99

Be gentle first time poster

I saw this for Amazon and Best buy earlier in the week but by the time I saw it they were already sold out but London Drugs still has them available for online ordering. Not the all time lowest but close
16 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1675 posts
740 upvotes
Sgtalpowell wrote: Waiting for $20 price point
Doubt this will go that low. It's not a POS like the PS classic.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1034 posts
293 upvotes
Vancouver
doctorgonzo wrote: Doubt this will go that low. It's not a POS like the PS classic.
Yeah. Pre-installed game lineup in this is great.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
3253 posts
3188 upvotes
Alberta
This will definitely come down a little further in price, but this is the closest any nostalgia console will get to Nintendos offerings.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
11084 posts
7661 upvotes
Oil Country
blankall wrote: Yeah. Pre-installed game lineup in this is great.
Plus it's easy to add more games. I installed another 170 or so to mine.
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2012
741 posts
531 upvotes
Quebec
Same price at Staples too. It's what I paid back in march too.
fudge_u wrote: Plus it's easy to add more games. I installed another 170 or so to mine.
Really? On the official Genesis one?
Do you have a link to a procedure ? (Just asking for a friend of course)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 21, 2007
2476 posts
1420 upvotes
kowell wrote: Same price at Staples too. It's what I paid back in march too.



Really? On the official Genesis one?
Do you have a link to a procedure ? (Just asking for a friend of course)
Haven't done this to mine yet, but did a similar Hakchi to my SNES mini with ease. Just need to get around to doing it

Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2012
741 posts
531 upvotes
Quebec
Duuuuude wrote: Haven't done this to mine yet, but did a similar Hakchi to my SNES mini with ease. Just need to get around to doing it

Thanks my friend is sure to give this a look.
Member
Mar 9, 2009
354 posts
278 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: This will definitely come down a little further in price, but this is the closest any nostalgia console will get to Nintendos offerings.
Its better IMO, unless you like 1 foot long cords
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
8616 posts
4986 upvotes
Toronto
doctorgonzo wrote: Doubt this will go that low. It's not a POS like the PS classic.
Yup even if you can mod it the fact is a vast majority don't, and PS Classic was trash so had a fire sale accordingly. All other mini systems (except C64 mini arguably) were much better out of the box.

Now only if TG16 mini would come here at a reasonable price..
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
11084 posts
7661 upvotes
Oil Country
Angultra wrote: Yup even if you can mod it the fact is a vast majority don't, and PS Classic was trash so had a fire sale accordingly. All other mini systems (except C64 mini arguably) were much better out of the box.

Now only if TG16 mini would come here at a reasonable price..
I loved Bonk's Adventure. Would TG16 have enough quality games to even release a classic version? I only remember playing hockey and Bonk on it.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14389 posts
4544 upvotes
Montreal
Lush78 wrote: This will definitely come down a little further in price, but this is the closest any nostalgia console will get to Nintendos offerings.
Without the pandemic and the insane demand for home entertainment devices that followed, this would have been down to $50 long ago, and probably inching for $35. The Walmarts near me have an entire 4-level shelf dedicated to storing the Genesis Mini.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
8616 posts
4986 upvotes
Toronto
fudge_u wrote: I loved Bonk's Adventure. Would TG16 have enough quality games to even release a classic version? I only remember playing hockey and Bonk on it.
It's already released in JP. Covid 19 meant that even EU and US versions were being sold from JP too but trickling to US now. Over 50 games from a mix of all regions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurboGrafx-16_Mini

Not cheap at $100USD though.

Top