Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
London Drugs Boxing Day

Skyworth OLED 55" / 65" - $799 / $999

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2022 7:00 pm
Apr 15, 2004
593 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver

[London Drugs] [Boxing Day] Skyworth OLED 55" / 65" - $799 / $999

From my limited research
Skyworth is well known in china, more like 2nd tier brand, up with TCL, Hisense, etc
This oled is more comparable to the LG A1 Series

at this price, might be worth for casual user to step into the oled territory

pros: budget price for OLED, excellent color contrast, android 10 TV

cons: limited modern feature. HDMI 2.0, 60hz, weaker SOC & procoessing, etc

Youtube Linus

HDGuru
61 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
Good deal overall. Calibrate it when you get home.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jul 18, 2014
812 posts
1881 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
wasn't the 55" $450 at rcss a month ago
Nov 24, 2013
161 posts
197 upvotes
Victoria, BC, Canada
pman113 wrote: wasn't the 55" $450 at rcss a month ago
Wasn't available for AB/BC unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
I mean that wasn’t available in BC, so this is the best deal we got on this TV.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
True, but YMMV situation in that deal.

I think the 65" is the hotter deal from OP.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jan 15, 2014
173 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Got the 55 at Costco for 299 during the pandemic
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
2396 posts
2417 upvotes
Calgary
The 65 inch was basically $799 because of the $200 off coupon but it expired Dec 24.
Dec 14, 2010
115 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagdealsguy wrote: True, but YMMV situation in that deal.

I think the 65" is the hotter deal from OP.
No regrets and loving the 55" from RCS and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger for the 65" from LD.
I like stuff
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
d_henri wrote:
No regrets and loving the 55" from RCS and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger for the 65" from LD.
My 55” skyworth android OS crashes frequently and doesnt power off correctly when watching youtube. Only the screen shuts off but the sound is still on. When you power it back on, the TV crashes and restarts itself lol. The picture and audio is very nice though. I have a few dead pixels. Maybe 15-20 around the screen.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
3779 posts
6250 upvotes
It still is, I saw one at a superstore a couple days ago for $449. Got mine for 347 after taxes, after home electronics points spend offer and another stacked spend PC point offer during BF.
May 19, 2005
952 posts
570 upvotes
Kingston
After taking into account the PC Points, it was actually $417. approximately a month ago. Just about the best deal you could ever get on an OLED that appears to be an exact copy of the LG, except for a different OS(Android TV instead of WebOS). I have my burned, 2017 LG OLED sitting right behind it, and the back of it is virtually identical, with the same shape, plastic embossing, etc. I was considering pulling the back off of the Skyworth to check if I could just swap my LG electronics onto the Skyworth panel, but I acutally prefer the Android OS.
Dec 28, 2021
286 posts
354 upvotes
Wouldn't spend this much on a Skyworth TV. The RCSS price with the bonus PC points was good, but at this price not worth it
Jan 11, 2009
470 posts
831 upvotes
Mississauga
gn22 wrote: After taking into account the PC Points, it was actually $417. approximately a month ago. Just about the best deal you could ever get on an OLED that appears to be an exact copy of the LG, except for a different OS(Android TV instead of WebOS). I have my burned, 2017 LG OLED sitting right behind it, and the back of it is virtually identical, with the same shape, plastic embossing, etc. I was considering pulling the back off of the Skyworth to check if I could just swap my LG electronics onto the Skyworth panel, but I acutally prefer the Android OS.
I have both. While it's a good TV, it's nowhere as good as the LG. It is a poormans OLED. Better than any LED/LCD but not even close to the newest LG OLEDs.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12743 posts
25705 upvotes
Montreal
I bought the 65".
It was amazing right out of the box; no tweaking necessary.
You would need a professional calibration to improve it (and it would be a marginal improvement I'm sure).
Linus and other pundits are unfairly critical of that TV because they refer to the inflated MSRP of $1800 USD.
Skyworth launched that series in the US market at too high a price and it flopped. Our gain!
Of course at $1,800 USD, you should buy a C1 instead.
But at $999 CAD for the 65" it's a steal!
No provincial tax in Québec.
Delivering the 65" to Montreal was $160.
You need a high-end LED TV to beat even a mediocre OLED TV.
The closest 65" OLED price-wise you could buy at the moment is the LG A2 @ $1,700 at Costco.

Here's a fairer review:

Many who bought at RCSS a few weeks ago reported dead pixels on the edges.
Mine is perfect. Because it's from a different vendor and RCSS bought known defects on the cheap?

The $800/$600 prices were when there was a $200 coupon. But that was valid In store only.

Skyworth has been making OLEDs since 2013; they know what they are doing.
The panels probably come from a manufacturing joint venture in China between Skyworth and LG Displays.

It's that good that I'm thinking of buying a second one as a spare! (Must resist! - There will be other deals on the LGs.)

Skyworth will become another Hisense in Canada.

EDIT: I originally posted the wrong video yet nobody mentioned it. Face With Tears Of Joy it's now corrected.
Last edited by Temporel on Dec 28th, 2022 2:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 27, 2017
65 posts
50 upvotes
Too bad that they don't sell the next higher model in Canada, that's the one I would like. I am finally ready for OLED and this one is just not bright enough and not 120hz
Jul 26, 2008
321 posts
211 upvotes
Temporel wrote: I bought the 65".
It was amazing right out of the box; no tweaking necessary.
You would need a professional calibration to improve it (and it would be a marginal improvement I'm sure).
Linus and other pundits are unfairly critical of that TV because they refer to the inflated MSRP of $1800 USD.
Skyworth launched that series in the US market at too high a price and it flopped. Our gain!
Of course at $1,800 USD, you should buy a C1 instead.
But at $999 CAD for the 65" it's a steal!
No provincial tax in Québec.
Delivering the 65" to Montreal was $160.
You need a high-end LED TV to beat any OLED TV even a mediocre one.
The closest 65" OLED price-wise you could buy at the moment is the LG B2 @ $1,600 at Costco.

Here's a fairer review:

Many who bought at RCSS a few weeks ago reported dead pixels on the edges.
Mine is perfect. Because it's from a different vendor and RCSS bought known defects on the cheap?

The $800/$600 prices were when there was a $200 coupon. But that was valid In store only.

Skyworth has been making OLEDs since 2013; they know what they are doing.
The panels probably come from a manufacturing joint venture in China between Skyworth and LG Displays.

It's that good that I'm thinking of buying a second one as a spare! (Must resist! - There will be other deals on the LGs.)

Skyworth will become another Hisense in Canada.
Did you pick yours up in the QC? Or did you order yours online somewhere?
Nov 24, 2006
567 posts
684 upvotes
Winnipeg
Why was the big London Drugs thread locked? They keep adding items to the sale. Would be nice to discuss them somewhere.

Sorry, no idea where else to post this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)