• Aug 27th, 2021 2:50 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15319 posts
20673 upvotes
Vancouver

[London Drugs] Sunglasses 50% off

The annual end-of-summer half-price clearance on sunglasses is back at London Drugs. Cheap but still decent brands. Lots of selection at the Vancouver Broadway/Cambie location. I got two pairs of polarized Foster Grant Ironman for $12.50 each.
20 replies
Apr 7, 2017
144 posts
160 upvotes
Thanks man. I buy a pair during this clearance every year. It was still only at 20% off last week. Thanks for the heads up!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2430 posts
1609 upvotes
North Vancouver
Yes! Excellent timing, thanks OP! I get some every year.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1047 posts
1088 upvotes
I didn't downvote you, but I think some people don't scrimp on quality protection for their eyesight man.. nothing too personal.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5273 posts
7154 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Thanks. I'll check my local LD

I dont spend more than 20 bucks on sun glasses because I always get drunk and lose them lol
Apr 8, 2011
437 posts
1072 upvotes
Calgary
DasHip wrote: I didn't downvote you, but I think some people don't scrimp on quality protection for their eyesight man.. nothing too personal.
I don't doubt people not scrimping on quality glasses, but some seem to down vote just to be dicks. It's like you tube...an informative, concise video straight to the point of subject, and inevitably thumbs down appear regardless.

I think to have an honest snapshot opinion of any hot deal, only views and up votes should be counted.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15319 posts
20673 upvotes
Vancouver
DasHip wrote: I didn't downvote you, but I think some people don't scrimp on quality protection for their eyesight man.. nothing too personal.
The extra money people spend on "quality protection for their eyesight" isn't doing anything better for their eyes. Given how I beat the heck out of my sunglasses and tend to lose them all the time, these are definitely the better choice for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1070 posts
1030 upvotes
Thanks for the heads-up OP! A good chance to upgrade your shades at a good price, though selection may be limited due to end of season and being picked over already.

I do find these deals to be great value rather than buying uber expensive designer sunglasses you'll need to baby while being out and about in the sun.

5kccnh.jpg
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Mar 16, 2015
126 posts
87 upvotes
vancouver
chilli604 wrote: Thanks. I'll check my local LD

I dont spend more than 20 bucks on sun glasses because I always get drunk and lose them lol
Check out goodr.ca for cheap polarized sunglasses. Randomly heard about them from someone. A bit more than $20, but still cheap.
another one.
Jun 16, 2019
859 posts
2873 upvotes
west as
Thanks OP. Dropped in last night and picked up a couple pairs.

I vaguely recall seeing some posts on other threads about what a scam the luxury sunglass industry is (Luxottica). Although I do have Persol, Tom Ford etc. lol. The LD ones are good for tossing in the glove box.
May 26, 2021
7 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks OP, needed to replace a broken pair. Not going to spend too much in case it ends up at the bottom of the lake.
Oct 22, 2016
898 posts
810 upvotes
Comox Valley
Brought one, thanks OP for posting
Jul 22, 2020
172 posts
180 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Sweet find!

My location had tons, all brands 50% off

I got pair of aviator style Foster Grants for $8.50 and a pair of wayfarer style Panama Jacks for $12.50
Jun 16, 2019
859 posts
2873 upvotes
west as
ChrisE45532 wrote: Any good sports ones like for cycling?
Ya, they have some narrower, wrap-around style ones. Mostly Body Glove I think

For styles in general, in the store I went to, there were smaller racks also by the pharmacy and beauty section that had some models that weren't on the main display rack.
Jan 22, 2012
136 posts
193 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Thanks OP. Been looking for a sports pair that doesn’t look too sporty or douche.

A bit difficult to see how they look with a mask on, so picked up two pairs and will return 1.

LOTS left at Olympic Village London drugs. See pics.
Images
  • E4A9F4EA-B6A2-47FF-9815-459469925EE6.jpeg
  • C96952FD-07EB-4CC2-B3E7-2F22C3FB2764.jpeg