• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2021 12:15 pm
[OP]
Jul 17, 2006
52 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver

[London Drugs] Sunjoe Cordless Jet Blower Kit $59.99 Reg. $199.99

Don't post much but thought this was a good deal from LD.

Details:

-24V 2.0 Ah turbine jet fan blower quickly clears away leaves, dirt, debris, or even light snow
-Rechargeable, cordless convenience — ideal anywhere power is at a premium
-Up to 12 minutes of runtime on a single charge
-Turbine fan propels air up to 100 mph (max) for swift cleanups on the porch, patio, deck, walkway or garage
-Lightweight and perfectly portable at under 4 lbs
-Powerful 350 Watt motor provides up to 280 CFM of air flow

Say goodbye to blisters and give your back a break – tiring lawn and leaf cleanups are a thing of the past with 24V-TB-LTE 24-Volt Cordless Compact Turbine Jet Blower from SUN JOE. Only SUN JOE is powered by iON , the revolutionary 24V lithium-ion battery system with a world of possibilities. Cut The Cord and go beyond the porch and patio, or anywhere power is at a premium with up to 12 minutes of continuous, rechargeable runtime. Quickly sweep the garage, garden, deck, driveway and more with the perfectly portable cordless convenience of SUN JOE. Like an aircraft, 24V-TB’s turbine fan propels the windspeed up to 100 mph and 280 cubic feet per minute to make yardwork a breeze and leave your yard spotless. With a sleek, compact, aerodynamic design to maximize airflow and optimize storage, SUN JOE’s 350 Watt motor provides all the power you need to quickly clear away grass clippings, leaves, dirt and debris, or even light snow! So, when life gives you leaves, make cleanup a breeze.
Images
  • Screenshot 2021-09-07 at 13-41-45 Sunjoe Cordless Jet Blower Kit.png
21 replies
Jan 19, 2003
925 posts
325 upvotes
Thanks OP!

I got it price matched at Home Depot for $54 plus tax including shipping

Assuming this will be good for general fall use
Feb 20, 2019
286 posts
103 upvotes
Will HD pricematch even if there’s no London Drugs near me
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5200 posts
4506 upvotes
BC
mapleleaf6 wrote: Will HD pricematch even if there’s no London Drugs near me
They should but might look at the fact that you need to spend $75+ at LD to qualify for free shipping.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4028 posts
8899 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
warning "up to 12 minutes of continuous, rechargeable runtime."
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2002
1497 posts
342 upvotes
I bought this and I'm almost ready to return it. The blower is not very powerful, it can blow loose leaves around ok, but don't expect it to clear dirt or sand from cement. The battery life is disappointing, I wanted to use it to clear my driveway, the battery gave up after about 10 min of on/off use.
Jan 23, 2011
91 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver
do you think this will be able to blow water off the car?

got 1 price matched with home depot. thank you OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2002
1497 posts
342 upvotes
howlau wrote: do you think this will be able to blow water off the car?

I doubt it. The nozzle is too wide, you would need one that is just a tiny slit to concentrate the jet to dry off your car. I used it to clear leaves off my car but it was not even strong enough to blow the debris out of the windshield wipers pockets.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3193 posts
2252 upvotes

Yes, it should be. Also good for grass clippings and dry, loose leaves, sweeping the garage, etc. Just don't expect this to handle your fall cleanup.
Jun 14, 2011
557 posts
205 upvotes
Montreal
These things should be illegal in most cities. I get it, its a lot easier than raking, but its fing annoying for the whole neighborhood.
Jul 18, 2014
661 posts
1405 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
LH2712 wrote: These things should be illegal in most cities. I get it, its a lot easier than raking, but its fing annoying for the whole neighborhood.
it runs on a battery it can't be any louder than a gas lawn mower
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3438 posts
1415 upvotes
And it will only be on for 12 mins max! Ha!

Seriously advantage21, if you're not able to blow leaves away with this, then you either have left them on the ground way too long, they're wet or you don't know how to aim it?
pman113 wrote: it runs on a battery it can't be any louder than a gas lawn mower
Jun 14, 2011
557 posts
205 upvotes
Montreal
pman113 wrote: it runs on a battery it can't be any louder than a gas lawn mower
You are right, its not as bad considering its battery. The problem is it doesn't replace lawn mower, so its extra time on top on that mower that we have to suffer thru X the number of neighbors using it, usually on a saturday morning.

While lawn mowers are I guess not really replaceable, this blower is. Raking leaves, unless you have a ridiculous amount of leaves, is not this incredibly difficult task, especially with the new rakes. And you still need to pick them up and put them into a bag, so its not like this thing would help seniors.

Considering as pman said, these things run 15 min max, this is for more urban areas, which means more dense neighborhoods. At the very least, the sound of these things should be regulated.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3438 posts
1415 upvotes
Another reason to get a cordless battery powered lawnmower (quieter)!
LH2712 wrote: You are right, its not as bad considering its battery. The problem is it doesn't replace lawn mower, so its extra time on top on that mower that we have to suffer thru X the number of neighbors using it, usually on a saturday morning.

While lawn mowers are I guess not really replaceable, this blower is. Raking leaves, unless you have a ridiculous amount of leaves, is not this incredibly difficult task, especially with the new rakes. And you still need to pick them up and put them into a bag, so its not like this thing would help seniors.

Considering as pman said, these things run 15 min max, this is for more urban areas, which means more dense neighborhoods. At the very least, the sound of these things should be regulated.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1352 posts
747 upvotes
LH2712 wrote: You are right, its not as bad considering its battery. The problem is it doesn't replace lawn mower, so its extra time on top on that mower that we have to suffer thru X the number of neighbors using it, usually on a saturday morning.

Or you could just do what my neighbors do, where they blow their leaves over onto my side of the fence. That's the easiest approach.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2741 posts
1627 upvotes
Edmonton
moonj86 wrote: Thanks did online chat and they price matched for me, took long time though
They just price match or match less 10%... Thx
Nov 24, 2007
537 posts
477 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

I agree with advantage21 - between the relatively low CFM and the big nozzle this will not be effective to blow water off the car.

For a "big nozzle" blower, it's hard to beat the CORDED Worx 520. This beast is like driving through the car wash dryers, on a coated car the water flies off! It goes on sale now and then, I managed to snag it for $65 last fall.

There are <$50 CORDED blowers that have a slit outlet that would likely be pretty effective too, but will just take longer due to the focused stream. I've used a cheap cordless Ryobi in the past - it worked ok, but it had a slit outlet.