Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
London Drugs

[YMMV] HOT! 65” LG G1 $1575 and LG G2 $2400 (Open box but some brand new)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2023 8:48 am
Jul 21, 2009
416 posts
432 upvotes
Alberta

[London Drugs] [YMMV] HOT! 65” LG G1 $1575 and LG G2 $2400 (Open box but some brand new)

Been watching this awhile, ended up getting both since it was brand new lol. Says open box but most stores only put up the 55” so ymmv. Pickup only it seems, few left in western Canada. Price is ATL

FYI g2 has 5 year warranty parts only (labor not included) G1 does also but not in Canada.

LG G2 65”
https://www.londondrugs.com/lg-g2-65-in ... 73848.html

LG G1 65” (OOS)
https://www.londondrugs.com/lg-65-in-4k ... 93076.html
Last edited by yodaTendies on Mar 24th, 2023 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
84 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4211 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Would have been too hard to resist for me if there had not been $150 shipping to Québec!
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Nov 22, 2014
122 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like I can get this shipped for free in Ontario. I recently ordered a brand new B2 65” for almost the same price. Should I cancel that and get the G1 instead? Not sure if it’ll be new or the display model as OP indicated.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5737 posts
3232 upvotes
Hot Deal for G1 , don't forget to get extra 3-4yrs warranty in case of burn in for a Free replacement towards a new model.
Aug 11, 2022
647 posts
596 upvotes
jeffyjaixx wrote: Says open box or display models only. If new that is hot.
Nothing wrong if it is open box, though if it's a floor model, would not want that for my TV since it could have been on for hundreds of hours lol.

I suppose if you live near a London Drugs you could roll the dice ;)
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1091 posts
569 upvotes
Calgary
Ordered a G1. Going to call later to see if it's open box or new. $1660 all in for me.
Aug 11, 2022
647 posts
596 upvotes
dafloof wrote: Ordered a G1. Going to call later to see if it's open box or new. $1660 all in for me.
Hey there. Let me know what you find out, last time I tried to get a soundbar open box they confirmed it was a floor model
I guess they gave you the number of where it would be coming from?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1091 posts
569 upvotes
Calgary
thalakar wrote: Hey there. Let me know what you find out, last time I tried to get a soundbar open box they confirmed it was a floor model
I guess they gave you the number of where it would be coming from?
Ordered for in store pickup 5 minutes from my house
Aug 11, 2022
647 posts
596 upvotes
Haha yeah nice, I think you go the last one :) (I am in Alberta.)
Sep 3, 2016
540 posts
729 upvotes
How is this a deal? It clearly says demo or open box, not not something I’d want to gamble with on an OLED, even if it’s a G series.

Am I missing something?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3109 posts
3200 upvotes
Zimtron wrote: How is this a deal? It clearly says demo or open box, not not something I’d want to gamble with on an OLED, even if it’s a G series.

Am I missing something?
Its typically 80/20 with it being brand new. 80 being the chance of it being brand new.
That's why its clearly YMMV.
No politics in sigs - mods
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1897 posts
2236 upvotes
Calgary
Zimtron wrote: How is this a deal? It clearly says demo or open box, not not something I’d want to gamble with on an OLED, even if it’s a G series.

Am I missing something?
London Drugs marks items as Demo or Open Box when they get below a certain inventory level, but you still can still potentially get a new TV. It's a gamble though. I picked up a factory sealed 65" C1 for $1000 from them during Cyber Monday that was marked as this. I think the G1 demo models were the 55" version, so possibly some new 65" ones. At least from what I saw when I was calling around when I picked up the C1.
Sep 3, 2016
540 posts
729 upvotes
Chewfam wrote: Its typically 80/20 with it being brand new. 80 being the chance of it being brand new.
That's why its clearly YMMV.
Not very clear when the ad says otherwise, kudos if you get a new one I suppose.
Oct 27, 2016
101 posts
150 upvotes
NB
One of my first smartphones was an LG G2
I had this in 2013 Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6411 posts
2704 upvotes
thalakar wrote: Nothing wrong if it is open box, though if it's a floor model, would not want that for my TV since it could have been on for hundreds of hours lol.

I suppose if you live near a London Drugs you could roll the dice ;)
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like a demo OLED wouldn't be a bad buy. Hundreds of hours is a small percent of the overall life expectancy of an OLED (I believe 30,000 hours). If it's been on 12 hours a day for 365 days, that's 4,380 hours. Even if 20,000 hours remain, you're still looking at years of life left (15+ years at 3 hours a day every day). You'd also hope that they'd be playing demo content on an OLED, not CNN/CP24, so burn in shouldn't be an issue. It's a gamble but as long as the store you're buying from has a good return policy I'd feel okay buying a demo for the right price.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10922 upvotes
Vancouver
game_fanatic wrote: Maybe it's just me, but I feel like a demo OLED wouldn't be a bad buy. Hundreds of hours is a small percent of the overall life expectancy of an OLED (I believe 30,000 hours). If it's been on 12 hours a day for 365 days, that's 4,380 hours. Even if 20,000 hours remain, you're still looking at years of life left (15+ years at 3 hours a day every day). You'd also hope that they'd be playing demo content on an OLED, not CNN/CP24, so burn in shouldn't be an issue. It's a gamble but as long as the store you're buying from has a good return policy I'd feel okay buying a demo for the right price.
All true - but the LG OLEDs do an automatic clean cycle every 1000 hours that results in a gradual overall screen deterioration as the cost of preventing any visible image retention.