27568 upvotes
Toronto

Stay 2 nights in London ON, get $100 GC

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 30, 2021
Retailer:
London Tourism
This offer is valid for new bookings of a minimum 2-night stay made during promotion dates (July 5 – November 30, 2021) and for arrivals between July 5 and December 31, 2021 at participating London hotels. Please note that this promotion is a limited time offer and rates and conditions vary and are set by and at the discretion of the participating hotel.

Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 23rd, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title
Ye wife is in me dms baby.
31 replies
Mar 12, 2015
215 posts
197 upvotes
North York, ON
For a brief moment, I got excited thinking it was London, UK.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1716 posts
884 upvotes
London
I live in London. Nothing to see here. No reason to come. Downtown is full of street people and crackheads that hassle you. Traffic is mismanaged and has been for decades. This is no deal unless you are looking for somewhere to sleep while visiting people you know that live here.
Jul 19, 2008
99 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Drakestar wrote: I live in London. Nothing to see here. No reason to come. Downtown is full of street people and crackheads that hassle you. Traffic is mismanaged and has been for decades. This is no deal unless you are looking for somewhere to sleep while visiting people you know that live here.
Pretty good deal if you’ve got a kid going to Western and want to visit for a couple of days. $100 will cover a restaurant meal easily.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3114 posts
6357 upvotes
Drakestar wrote: I live in London. Nothing to see here. No reason to come. Downtown is full of street people and crackheads that hassle you.
This

Although you can (or at least used to be able to) get a really fancy house out here for a reasonable price, which is pretty nice.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1531 posts
645 upvotes
traxton wrote: For a brief moment, I got excited thinking it was London, UK.
Same, I'm actually flying out to there later today and was about to see how I could wiggle my way into this giftcard lol
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1865 posts
1656 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Drakestar wrote: I live in London. Nothing to see here. No reason to come. Downtown is full of street people and crackheads that hassle you. Traffic is mismanaged and has been for decades. This is no deal unless you are looking for somewhere to sleep while visiting people you know that live here.
Sounds like Toronto but better
Dec 16, 2009
404 posts
193 upvotes
I have lived and worked in London for my entire life, and I don't think visitors are worried about traffic like commuters are. As for "crackheads", it's no different than other cities of this size. You kind of sound like the /r/londonontario redditors who do nothing but complain. It's fine here.

That said, I find London to be a very non-tourist place. What would one do upon visiting? I guess you could do the Thames walk, downtown to Byron, but there are nice walks in any city. You could do the Factory, but again, almost any city has entertainment. Other than that, it's just a lot of strip-malls, with almost no centralized shopping / entertainment. Richmond Row I guess, but linchpins like the Grand Theatre are closed for renos (might as well, you'd be closed due to covid anyway)....
Jan 27, 2015
372 posts
482 upvotes
King City, ON
The Canadian Country Music Awards are in London this November, so there’s that…
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14592 posts
5204 upvotes
London
But you need to stay in London.. so...

(I live in London, I'm allowed to talk shit)
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14592 posts
5204 upvotes
London
elkabong wrote: I have lived and worked in London for my entire life, and I don't think visitors are worried about traffic like commuters are. As for "crackheads", it's no different than other cities of this size. You kind of sound like the /r/londonontario redditors who do nothing but complain. It's fine here.

That said, I find London to be a very non-tourist place. What would one do upon visiting? I guess you could do the Thames walk, downtown to Byron, but there are nice walks in any city. You could do the Factory, but again, almost any city has entertainment. Other than that, it's just a lot of strip-malls, with almost no centralized shopping / entertainment. Richmond Row I guess, but linchpins like the Grand Theatre are closed for renos (might as well, you'd be closed due to covid anyway)....
Well... I can tell you I've never had crackheads try to kill me in any other cities.

Meanwhile I've been involved in 2 stabbings here and one of my friends was murdered downtown... so there's that.
Mar 16, 2013
90 posts
37 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: This

Although you can (or at least used to be able to) get a really fancy house out here for a reasonable price, which is pretty nice.
Pricing is no different in London than most other major cities in Ontario these days. Only a slight bit lower than the likes of Hamilton.
Apr 5, 2018
309 posts
293 upvotes
Hows the real estate market there for an investment property? Average rents for a townhome?
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14592 posts
5204 upvotes
London
signops wrote: Hows the real estate market there for an investment property? Average rents for a townhome?
Thanks to people from Toronto, our real estate and rental market has made it impossible for the average person to be able to afford to live comfortably.

The average rent is now about $1500/month and the average home a little over $500k

Which doesn't sound like much...but we don't make Toronto salaries here.

To put it into perspective... my condo has increased in value over 300% since I bought it 10 years ago.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1269 posts
1333 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Time to cross out one of the top entries in my bucket list, London ON. Next on the list, Thompson, Manitoba -- looking forward to the most violent city bus tour special.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1269 posts
1333 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
signops wrote: Hows the real estate market there for an investment property? Average rents for a townhome?
Investment property is great reduced by this 100$ visa GC. Buy buy buy.
Dec 16, 2009
404 posts
193 upvotes
You live here, so of course your experiences are here. I'm not going to get into this with the haters, but cities are just cities, and they all come with problems. Maybe if we DEALT with the problems, instead of just complaining and trying to drive these people into jail or the ground, we'd have better luck?

Anyways, sorry to hear about your friend, I'd be interested in a story link. I've worked downtown for a long time and don't remember a recent story like this one.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14592 posts
5204 upvotes
London
elkabong wrote: You live here, so of course your experiences are here. I'm not going to get into this with the haters, but cities are just cities, and they all come with problems. Maybe if we DEALT with the problems, instead of just complaining and trying to drive these people into jail or the ground, we'd have better luck?

Anyways, sorry to hear about your friend, I'd be interested in a story link. I've worked downtown for a long time and don't remember a recent story like this one.
I can't find an article about it, but here's an article about the sentencing https://lfpress.com/2017/10/04/london-w ... nslaughter
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
46891 posts
10024 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Viper98 wrote: I can't find an article about it, but here's an article about the sentencing https://lfpress.com/2017/10/04/london-w ... nslaughter
Wow thats messed up... Crazy how these alll start... Seems like it was one of those 'shoving matches' that just escalated.
The combo of...
A volatile and dangerous man. A man hurt by pride of his ex-gf's infidelity.
The stabber is nick name "strapz". Guy must have given himself or was given that nickname for a reason... In case anyone doesn't know the slang. "strap" means carrying a gun...