Food & Drink

Lone Star brings back free chips and salsa!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2018 7:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21928 posts
25312 upvotes
Toronto

Lone Star brings back free chips and salsa!

We did it! Just one free round now though, not endless anymore

https://www.lonestartexasgrill.com/classic-tex/
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
11 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2282 posts
444 upvotes
Hasn't been endless for months, still big turn off
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16641 posts
3840 upvotes
Toronto
redsfan wrote: Hasn't been endless for months, still big turn off
How long has it been one round free for?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16641 posts
3840 upvotes
Toronto
redsfan wrote: dunno, perhaps just recently.
EXACTLY OP'S POINT!!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14997 posts
6389 upvotes
Ottawa
why am I not surprised :)
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13510 posts
2313 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Is this a chain? Never heard of this place.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Adversity is a growth opportunity. Change happens at the periphery.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6657 posts
3719 upvotes
Aurora
Becks wrote: Is this a chain? Never heard of this place.
Yes, it's a chain for Tex Mex food. They're in Ontario, though, and their site doesn't list any locations in BC where you are.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3155 posts
223 upvotes
Newmarket
playnicee1 wrote: EXACTLY OP'S POINT!!!!
I think when he first pointed out the endless for months he was referring to endless period, not first round. Lonestar used to just run endless and then stopped and now brought back the first round free.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16641 posts
3840 upvotes
Toronto
Shiznacka wrote: I think when he first pointed out the endless for months he was referring to endless period, not first round. Lonestar used to just run endless and then stopped and now brought back the first round free.
Yes, and we did it!!! We got them to realize that charging anything is not going to draw in any business.
Now, if they were to bring back AYCE Fajitas it would be to their benefit to also bring back ayce chips and salsa to better fill the customer up so they eat less of the other more expensive stuff. lol
BUT
Sadly, ayce fajitas are also a thing long gone deep in their past also.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14997 posts
6389 upvotes
Ottawa
when they stopped giving free chips, we basically stopped going. And you know what, I didn't really miss them. Once we went back for their 2 for $40 lunch promo but that was 1 time in a whole year which is down a lot for us.

Maybe now I'll consider going back now that they restored the first round of chips, but I think it proves we were probably right that that move hurt them. I don't know about other locations but the one near my place doesn't seem very busy
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6657 posts
3719 upvotes
Aurora
warpdrive wrote: when they stopped giving free chips, we basically stopped going. And you know what, I didn't really miss them. Once we went back for their 2 for $40 lunch promo but that was 1 time in a whole year which is down a lot for us.

Maybe now I'll consider going back now that they restored the first round of chips, but I think it proves we were probably right that that move hurt them. I don't know about other locations but the one near my place doesn't seem very busy
Yeah, we've cut down drastically on Lone Star, as well. A restaurant can be priced low and give off the perception of value. A restaurant can also price itself high and also still give off the perecption of value. But when the impression is that it's nickel and diming customers, then it's bye-bye customers. Cutting out free chips - something that they built a reputation around, comes off as nickel and diming.