• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 12:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1239 posts
1896 upvotes
Universe
Reminder: Sale starts tomorrow and according to my local rep, he said just lineup (if there is a line) and go in when stores open at 10am (for most stores), there's a limit of 20 persons at a time fyi, and it's first come first serve.
Dec 19, 2019
204 posts
1604 upvotes
I have a feeling anything good under $1,000 would be gone by Saturday no matter where you live, but hey, I might make a trip anyway. Everyone should've already bought up all the instruments they wanted during quarantine right?

Any instrument type recommendations for a beginner looking for something new to play?
Try speaking American, it's the only language I understand.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1305 posts
799 upvotes
YYC
Line up was pretty short and everyone waiting was let in immediately, although there were people waiting to get in when I left. Looks like almost all of the deals are instore only.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1239 posts
1896 upvotes
Universe
Has anyone gotten anything you like today? I went to my local store but the guitar I wanted has some dings/scratches which doesn't fit my taste.
Will try my luck tomorrow at another store.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1934 posts
648 upvotes
went to Cosmo Music @ Richmond Hill, they will have 15% off entire store on the Black Friday, 10% after in the week.
Sep 10, 2017
53 posts
59 upvotes
I went on my lunch to the Bloor location....fingers crossed for that used Gibson J45, but it was long gone ... apparently there were people there lining up at 11pm the night before!
So I took the randomly assigned username when I signed up. Never thought this would be my favorite website!!
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5646 posts
2333 upvotes
Pupsik27 wrote: Any recommendation for a starter drum set for kids? Hopefully below $500 thanks
Not sure if its in this sale, but Mapex Tornado is probably hands down the best value starter kit you can get
Jan 8, 2019
182 posts
578 upvotes
tsx612 wrote: Anyone know what kind of shape their used items are usually in, or does it vary a lot? Looking at pianos
I got a used Gibson 5-string banjo a couple of years ago. It was one they rented out for a school performance or something along those lines but other than that the sales rep said it hadn't been used. It was listed at $350 and he sold it to me for $300 and included the hard shell case that it was rented out with (usually around $60 - $80 on its own). I've played it at least a couple of times a week since then and it still plays great. No physical issues or odd sounds (like fret buzz or anything like that).

That said though, it's nothing compared to a piano... A lot more intricate parts to consider for a piano, but figured I'd let you know my experience since no one else had yet. Happy hunting! Hope you get a good deal.
Jun 6, 2017
387 posts
340 upvotes
sleepyhound wrote: I got a used Gibson 5-string banjo a couple of years ago. It was one they rented out for a school performance or something along those lines but other than that the sales rep said it hadn't been used. It was listed at $350 and he sold it to me for $300 and included the hard shell case that it was rented out with (usually around $60 - $80 on its own). I've played it at least a couple of times a week since then and it still plays great. No physical issues or odd sounds (like fret buzz or anything like that).

That said though, it's nothing compared to a piano... A lot more intricate parts to consider for a piano, but figured I'd let you know my experience since no one else had yet. Happy hunting! Hope you get a good deal.
Appreciate the info, that’s great! I’m looking at a digital piano so hopefully there’s less to go wrong there than an acoustic. Thanks again
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3322 posts
1042 upvotes
Didn't know about this thread but got a used trumpet for our son at this sale. in good shape and plays well. Perfect timing, better than renting......
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2012
1650 posts
2323 upvotes
Pupsik27 wrote: Damn, how much do you think if would cost. I just ordered same one from my son’s music teacher. $1099
I just saw stock for demo model DGX660 at $699. I wonder if there is any difference or if I can get a discount for 680, as it is still being shipped to me.
FTR, the DGX 660 is a discontinued model and has been out for a few years. The DGX 670 was just released but don't expect any discounts thanks to chip shortages and supply chain disruptions. They are actually hard to come by but the technical differences between the 2 models are very significant.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2012
1650 posts
2323 upvotes
doradxplorer wrote: I love the sound of the 670. I play it all the time while waiting for my son's lessons. I'm no expert but adding layers makes the sound even better. The used one in my local store was selling it for 1099 plus tax and stand was extra. Still pretty steep imo. If the price was at around the $8xx number, it's a winner.
The DGX 660 can add "dual" which is sound layering but more steps to set up layer sounds. The significant differences are in the rhythm categories, 16 track sequencer/recorder, operation simplified, color display, bluetooth device connection (phone/tablet, not headphone), etc. Some pretty significant technical differences between the 2 but as I stated above. Chip shortages and supply chain disruptions make the DGX 670 more scarce so one shouldn't expect any discount on the just released model.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)