Expired Hot Deals

[Long & McQuade] Long & McQuade Jacks's Bargain Attic Sale - Sept 18-19 *** Held over until Sept 28 ***

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 6:09 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes

[Long & McQuade] Long & McQuade Jacks's Bargain Attic Sale - Sept 18-19 *** Held over until Sept 28 ***

Long & McQuade will be having their Jack's Bargain Attic Sale on Sept 18-19 (now held over until Sept 28), this year online only. I buy a lot of music gear and while the prices can be hit and miss, I occasionally have been able to score a good deal. Select your nearest location(s) to see what will be on offer.

ETA:

Sale FAQs <--- Read this as well as what I've posted below.

JACK’S BARGAIN ATTIC SALE 2.0 TERMS AND CONDITIONS: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!
  • This sale will take place entirely online. No items will be on display or available for purchase at the store location; all items must be picked up at the store that listed the product.
  • Once an item is selected, you will be directly linked to the check out page. You have 5 minutes to complete the transaction.
  • If the item is not purchased within 5 minutes, it will be removed from your cart and become available to others.
  • Participants must have a web store account to be eligible to buy sale items. We suggest this be created prior to the sale. (if you have purchased from our website previously you are all set)
  • All items must be picked up at the location selling the item. No items are available for delivery or inter-store transfer.
  • A deposit of 20% is required to secure the item for pick up. We will contact you to schedule at safe and convenient time to pick up the item. The balance can be paid in full or financed at the selected location at the scheduled pick-up time.
  • We will contact you to make an appointment with a safe time to pick up the item.
  • Products for sale will be available for online viewing on September 11. The prices will be released during the sale at one of the four designated times.
  • We will be releasing 4 blocks of products:
    - Friday September 18 at 10am and 2pm local time
    - Saturday September 19 at 10 am and 2pm local time
Last edited by CalgaryRunner on Sep 22nd, 2020 11:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
167 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
Unlike other years when the sales have been in store, this year it seems you have to click on each item to see whether it's new, used, or a factory second. Kind of a PITA if you ask me.

As well, it looks like items will be available for purchase at different times during the day depending on the item, kind of like Amazon Lightning Deals. It might turn out to be a massive fail like the old NCIX Boxing Day fiascos. I guess we'll see what happens.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2073 posts
1154 upvotes
Calgary
What really sucks is we can’t see what the price will be yet. Previous sales we would know.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1572 posts
659 upvotes
Devhux wrote: What really sucks is we can’t see what the price will be yet. Previous sales we would know.
Yea, I noticed that too. Usually there are some deals, but it's kinda hard to plan ahead without the prices. Gonna be a bit chaotic going through the sale pages of every L&M near me the moment the sale goes live.
Mar 4, 2018
30 posts
322 upvotes
They just want people to be impulsive buyers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
I also agree that not being able to see the price in advance sucks.

One thing that helps a little bit is to select "Sort By" either low->high or vice versa and that reorders the items by price. I have no idea if that's the current asking price or what the price will be during the sale. Offhand I'm not seeing anything I'm interested in but I still thought it was worthwhile to post the thread here in case someone else finds something they want.
Apr 15, 2014
910 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ehhh... Used to go to these then I started buying and selling gear on kijiji. Now I make money on guitars instead of lose.
Please respond
Apr 15, 2014
910 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CardinalComb wrote: Ehhh... Used to go to these then I started buying and selling gear on kijiji. Now I make money on guitars instead of lose. There's a reason why this is an attic sale - no one wants this crap. To be honest, some of the fenders and Gibsons are nice.
Please respond
Oct 11, 2018
353 posts
386 upvotes
ON
Not familiar with this before, is it one of a kind and once sold won’t be available anymore or are they going to have several same items up for grabbing?
Apr 17, 2012
197 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Just want to know, Where can i see the list?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
CertainSomeone wrote: Not familiar with this before, is it one of a kind and once sold won’t be available anymore or are they going to have several same items up for grabbing?
Most of the stuff is used gear they want to get rid of so it's one of a kind.

For the new stuff, it's usually one for the more expensive items like guitars and maybe more than one for something fairly cheap like accessories.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
cwchange wrote: Just want to know, Where can i see the list?
Click the link in the OP, and then click the link for the store you're interested in. There's no master list - everything is split out by store.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
I've gone back and updated the OP with the sale FAQs and Terms and Conditions. I actually never bothered to read them myself before but there's important info there.

And if anyone is wondering, I have no affiliation with Long & McQuade other than being their customer for several decades. I've been a musician for many many years.
Jul 2, 2007
657 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
CalgaryRunner wrote: I've gone back and updated the OP with the sale FAQs and Terms and Conditions. I actually never bothered to read them myself before but there's important info there.

And if anyone is wondering, I have no affiliation with Long & McQuade other than being their customer for several decades. I've been a musician for many many years.
Based on your experiences with the sales from before, how would you say the pricing is? For example, I was looking at the Toronto (Bloor) store and they have a bunch of Yamaha P-125s listed. Looking on the L&M site the regular price is about $849. Based on previous sales, how low do you think the price could go (I won't quote you, just want to get a sense of what I can expect Smiling Face With Open Mouth)?
Going broke saving money
Oct 31, 2019
40 posts
70 upvotes
booyahchild01 wrote: Based on your experiences with the sales from before, how would you say the pricing is? For example, I was looking at the Toronto (Bloor) store and they have a bunch of Yamaha P-125s listed. Looking on the L&M site the regular price is about $849. Based on previous sales, how low do you think the price could go (I won't quote you, just want to get a sense of what I can expect Smiling Face With Open Mouth)?
In another one of their sales they were down to about 500 and change.