Expired Hot Deals

[Long & McQuade] Long & McQuade Jacks's Bargain Attic Sale - Sept 18-19 *** Held over until Sept 28 ***

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 6:09 am
Jan 7, 2019
86 posts
28 upvotes
Canuck_TO wrote: Not only is the site completely bogged down but not all items are available today.

For those who want to know what the prices are for the products that don't have a price because they're not on sale yet.

Sort the items by price (low-high or high to low) and all items will be sorted based on their cost.
If you look at the prices of the items around your item that do have a price displayed, you get an idea what your items will sell for.
Good tip thanks
May 3, 2009
73 posts
3 upvotes
GTHA
This experience was nerve racking. I had my eyes on a keyboard and had the page ready for refresh at 10:00 when it would become available. I managed to snag it but the checkout process was crashing. 6 minutes in, the item was removed from my cart and I frantically added it back in. Checkout finally worked and got the pick up notification 20 mins later
Jul 2, 2007
652 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
The slowness was expected. But I really wish they sorted everything by the times things are being released. It's hard to sift through items that are releasing later and things that are available.
Going broke saving money
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
Well, I was finally able to get their site to load but can't see any of the sale pages, even the ones in Ontario where the sale is live now. They won't let me see anything because I'm in the Mountain Time Zone and the sale doesn't start here until 10AM local time. I tried clicking on a store like Toronto (Bloor St.) and got this message:

Due to unprecedented volume of web customers we are blacking out stores by time zone.
The pages will be available for view starting at 10 am local time. We appreciate your understanding.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2009
1203 posts
160 upvotes
The item I was looking at yesterday was simply gone from the city page when I jumped on at 3 min to 10am ET. Not showing but sold out, just gone like it was never there. No entry at all.
Dec 10, 2007
339 posts
90 upvotes
I'm an acoustic guy, but I've been toying with the idea of dusting off the electric and getting a pedal or two to goof around. I like fuzz and sludge. Any recommendations for something to start with?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
spacesluggerr wrote: Snagged the Gretsch G5420T in Bloor, thanks gents!
Ooh, I own an G5420T and it's a great guitar. Congrats!

I'll probably spend most of the day split between recording takes in my studio and monitoring this thread. I'll try to help out RFD members with advice and tips as much as I can.
May 29, 2005
13 posts
1 upvote
Damn really wanted the sm7b at the scarborough location and kept trying for it during the site crash.. gonezo Disappointed Face
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
Iggynatz wrote: I'm an acoustic guy, but I've been toying with the idea of dusting off the electric and getting a pedal or two to goof around. I like fuzz and sludge. Any recommendations for something to start with?
For beginner electric guitars I really like the new Epiphone "Inspired by Gibson Collection" line that they came out with at the beginning of this year. Excellent quality at a reasonable price. I've never played a bad one and like them so much that I bought this one for myself. It gets quite a lot of playing time.

As for pedals, there are just so many to choose from that it's hard to give a recommendation.

Edit: L&M's site is getting hammered so bad that I'll just post a pic from Epiphone's site so you can see what I bought:

Last edited by CalgaryRunner on Sep 18th, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 6, 2017
876 posts
433 upvotes
Manitoba
It is already 10am central and still not accessible?
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1412 posts
302 upvotes
Canuck_TO wrote: Not only is the site completely bogged down but not all items are available today.

For those who want to know what the prices are for the products that don't have a price because they're not on sale yet.

Sort the items by price (low-high or high to low) and all items will be sorted based on their cost.
If you look at the prices of the items around your item that do have a price displayed, you get an idea what your items will sell for.
This sounds good until you run into something like this:

No way an SM58 is more expensive than a $900 PA speaker Face With Tears Of Joy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)