Expired Hot Deals

[Long & McQuade] Long & McQuade Jacks's Bargain Attic Sale - Sept 18-19 *** Held over until Sept 28 ***

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 6:09 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
I think I'm going to write a song and name it "The RFD Doorcrasher Boogie". Writing the music is easy but the lyrics will take more time because I'll want to work in epic RFD phrases like "does it hot".
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Nov 17, 2009
82 posts
124 upvotes
CalgaryRunner wrote: I think I'm going to write a song and name it "The RFD Doorcrasher Boogie". Writing the music is easy but the lyrics will take more time because I'll want to work in epic RFD phrases like "does it hot".
Just use all of the posts from this thread
Nov 24, 2008
248 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't see much I was interested in
. Noticed that the AT2020 microphone going for 175$ used (original $289) and is new on their webpage for $219
Dec 11, 2013
27 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Great that they are having the sale again this year.

Not sure why they didn't list the prices beforehand like every year prior. People will still have to go in every wave to look at prices and crash their site.
Dec 11, 2008
309 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
HaZaRd wrote: This sounds good until you run into something like this:

No way an SM58 is more expensive than a $900 PA speaker Face With Tears Of Joy
If you're only looking at a handful of items with wide ranging prices, it's not much of a help.
I know that it's tedious but viewing all items by location would help make it easier.

I was viewing pricing for all items from all locations as well and I didn't notice any odd price jumps, even after about 20 pages.

I was easily able to see what the pricing on guitars and amps should be. The only catch is you have no idea what the list price is, to give you an idea of what the discount is.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
Probably the worst day for me to place a regular order on their website, but a guitar I've been dying to become available in Canada just showed up on L&M's website. It took forever but finally the order went through. I actually received the confirmation email of the order before the website updated to show that the order had been placed.
Dec 11, 2008
309 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
CalgaryRunner wrote: For beginner electric guitars I really like the new Epiphone "Inspired by Gibson Collection" line that they came out with at the beginning of this year. Excellent quality at a reasonable price. I've never played a bad one and like them so much that I bought this one for myself. It gets quite a lot of playing time.

As for pedals, there are just so many to choose from that it's hard to give a recommendation.

Edit: L&M's site is getting hammered so bad that I'll just post a pic from Epiphone's site so you can see what I bought:
How good is this for someone with fat fingers?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
HaZaRd wrote: No way an SM58 is more expensive than a $900 PA speaker Face With Tears Of Joy
There are *a lot* of fake SM58's out there so I always recommend buying one from an authorized dealer. The real ones aren't that expensive anyway and are pretty much bombproof. I think I got mine 25 or 30 years ago and it's still going strong.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
Canuck_TO wrote: How good is this for someone with fat fingers?
I think you'd have to try one out for yourself but I doubt there are any being sold during this sale so no need to hurry. The Epiphone models are pretty scarce in the stores but lots of locations have the Gibson version which will feel more or less the same.

When I picked up my Epiphone order from the store, they had the Gibson version on the wall and I tried it out. Both me and my regular salesguy agreed that the Epiphone beat the Gibson hands down. Considering that the Epiphone was about 1/4 the price it was a no-brainer. The Gibson comes with a case and the Epiphone doesn't but I didn't care because I already have tons of cases and they take up way too much space in my house.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3803 posts
1557 upvotes
BC
blacking out stores by time zone
Is this new or did they do this to help with crashing?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
Feegus wrote: Is this new or did they do this to help with crashing?
I think they did it to try to reduce the load on their site during the sale. Glad I'm not the person behind the scenes having to whip the hamsters powering the site to run faster.
Dec 4, 2010
161 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
Picked up a Fender FSR bassbreaker 15. My Tele can't wait to meet it's new partner! Haha

Edit: just wanted to add that the checkout process was totally smooth. Maybe it was busier this am?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)