Expired Hot Deals

Long & McQuade

Long & McQuade Jacks's Bargain Attic Sale - Sept 18-19 *** Held over until Sept 28 ***

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 12:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2138 posts
878 upvotes
audioarchetype wrote: Oh how I long for a real 335. I've been using a heavily modified Hagstrom Viking as my stage guitar for years.
A long time ago I would occasionally play with a guy who had a Hagstrom. I don't remember what model he had but I remember that it was a nice guitar.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Feb 3, 2013
400 posts
375 upvotes
Victoria
CalgaryRunner wrote: A long time ago I would occasionally play with a guy who had a Hagstrom. I don't remember what model he had but I remember that it was a nice guitar.
I've been intrigued by the Hagstrom name since I read that Jimi and Noel Redding were both given Hagstrom H8 8 string basses back in the day. Apparently they both played theirs on "Spanish Castle Magic"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2138 posts
878 upvotes
It's nice to see brands other than the usual Fender/Squier and Gibson/Epiphone ones getting some exposure here. There are a lot of very nice guitars available from other companies. I have a few myself.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24122 posts
32657 upvotes
Toronto
Ends today
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
1141 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
CalgaryRunner wrote: For beginner electric guitars I really like the new Epiphone "Inspired by Gibson Collection" line that they came out with at the beginning of this year. Excellent quality at a reasonable price. I've never played a bad one and like them so much that I bought this one for myself. It gets quite a lot of playing time.

As for pedals, there are just so many to choose from that it's hard to give a recommendation.

Edit: L&M's site is getting hammered so bad that I'll just post a pic from Epiphone's site so you can see what I bought:
Hi, now with Black Friday sales here, I've been trying to find this guitar but I'm not sure of the model number of this Epiphone guitar that you recommended.
Is this an Epiphone P90 Pro?