Expired Hot Deals

[Long & McQuade] Long & McQuade Jacks's Bargain Attic Sale - Sept 18-19 *** Held over until Sept 28 ***

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 6:09 am
Dec 11, 2008
309 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
CalgaryRunner wrote: I think you'd have to try one out for yourself but I doubt there are any being sold during this sale so no need to hurry. The Epiphone models are pretty scarce in the stores but lots of locations have the Gibson version which will feel more or less the same.

When I picked up my Epiphone order from the store, they had the Gibson version on the wall and I tried it out. Both me and my regular salesguy agreed that the Epiphone beat the Gibson hands down. Considering that the Epiphone was about 1/4 the price it was a no-brainer. The Gibson comes with a case and the Epiphone doesn't but I didn't care because I already have tons of cases and they take up way too much space in my house.
What's the difference between this guitar and the standard?
They look identical.

Also, I have a friend that has one that looks like this one but he claims his is worth thousands more.
If so, it makes me think that these are made to cover a wide range of prices.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5416 posts
1763 upvotes
theinspiredpoet wrote: Picked up a Martin DX1AE acoustic guitar. Hope it'll be good for me!! Had a gift card from last Christmas which I'll put towards the remaining balance to pay at the store.
Nice! Love Martin :) How much did they have it for?
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
Canuck_TO wrote: What's the difference between this guitar and the standard?
They look identical.

Also, I have a friend that has one that looks like this one but he claims his is worth thousands more.
If so, it makes me think that these are made to cover a wide range of prices.
I'm not sure what model you're referring to but the cheaper Epiphones have bolt on necks while the model I bought has a set neck. Just like most guitar manufacturers, Epiphone puts out models to hit several price points so there are lots of options to choose from depending on your budget.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Dec 10, 2007
339 posts
90 upvotes
Got 3 pedals to goof around on this weekend. Hopefully they don't suck, I ordered pretty much blind.

Boss Digital Delay
BOSS - CH-1
Radial Hot British V9 Distortion Pedal
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
Iggynatz wrote: Got 3 pedals to goof around on this weekend. Hopefully they don't suck, I ordered pretty much blind.

Boss Digital Delay
BOSS - CH-1
Radial Hot British V9 Distortion Pedal
You can't go wrong with Boss pedals - solid and reliable. I have the DD-7, CH-1, and many more of theirs.

I have Radial pedals and they're well made. I've never tried the Hot British V9 but if it can accurately reproduce that legendary Marshall Plexi sound, you chose well.
Nov 27, 2011
63 posts
28 upvotes
OTTAWA
deezz wrote: Nice! Love Martin :) How much did they have it for?
It was going for $649 + tax. It would have been nice to play it in store, but I wasn't able to get there before. I've played Martin guitars in the past, and I enjoyed it! Hopefully it'll be an upgrade on my Takamine I've played the shit out of .
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5416 posts
1763 upvotes
theinspiredpoet wrote: It was going for $649 + tax. It would have been nice to play it in store, but I wasn't able to get there before. I've played Martin guitars in the past, and I enjoyed it! Hopefully it'll be an upgrade on my Takamine I've played the shit out of .
Lol WOW we just did pretty much the exact same thing!!! I JUST upgraded from my Takamine that I've had for 10 years, to a Martin as well, about three months ago! Haha that's pretty crazy lol.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Dec 23, 2010
181 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
Got my used Taylor 114ce. Came to $749+tax. It's about standard used price. Maybe saved $100. Still, happy to grab one as opposed to the retail $1120.
Nov 17, 2009
82 posts
124 upvotes
Don't forget that Day 2 starts in about 30 min EST :) 10am local time
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
As the previous poster said, today is the second and final day of the sale. Just like yesterday, I'll do my best to monitor this thread and answer any questions and give tips and advice as best I can. I didn't realize how much knowledge I've picked up about music gear over the years. If only I knew as a teenager what I know now and had someone around to stop me from making stupid buying decisions back then. Oh well.

Good luck to anyone looking to buy today! I hope things go smoother than yesterday.
Apr 23, 2011
852 posts
207 upvotes
Newcastle
Pretty mediocre deals to be had compared to their usual bargain attic sales or inventory blowout sales.
Jul 2, 2007
652 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Still pretty hard to grab stuff, but them's the ropes. I haven't been paying too much attention to prices in the last few years, but how have L&M Black Friday deals been for keyboards?
Going broke saving money
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1051 posts
492 upvotes
I made the mistake of assuming no listed damage meant minor wear and tear and didn't check the guitar when picking up. Any experts on here familiar with repairing gouges in the finish? Can I just fill this with epoxy? Debating whether to return this as the discount seemed in line with what other used guitars were going for.
Images
  • 20200918_175952.jpg
Apr 23, 2011
852 posts
207 upvotes
Newcastle
Chickennbeans wrote: I made the mistake of assuming no listed damage meant minor wear and tear and didn't check the guitar when picking up. Any experts on here familiar with repairing gouges in the finish? Can I just fill this with epoxy? Debating whether to return this as the discount seemed in line with what other used guitars were going for.
If it wasn't a killer deal, or you are not 100% sold on the guitar return it. You won't be able to repair something like that easily without a lot of work, and chances are still won't be a perfect fix. A lot of it depends on the type of finish (poly vs nitro) but usually isn't worth it

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)