Expired Hot Deals

Long & McQuade

Long & McQuade Nationwide Inventory Blowout - Fri. Feb.14/Sat.15th

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2545 posts
3577 upvotes
GTA
Gotten some great deals at L&M in the past, mostly just walking into my local store and looking around. I don't think I've ever bought anything major during the annual sale.
Get to know the staff at your local music store (L&M or other). Let them know what you're looking for and your budget. They will often help you out when something good shows up.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1929 posts
683 upvotes
Edmonton
Eugene911 wrote: I’d look at some similar priced Kawai models. Like CN29, which you can get for around 1800-1900 pretax. They don’t sell them online though. For pianos, be it digital or acoustic, best bet is to sit in front of the instrument and try the action and sound, even if you are a complete beginner just like I was when I bought mine not long ago. You could still feel the difference when comparing different brand/models side by side.its almost always better to go to your local dealer to check things out in person
I Know nothing about piano but my assumption is these digitals are a great option for space saving and the sound is actually really quite nice? I presume you save on maintenance costs and don't have to deal with tuning and all that. I would like to get into playing piano.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Dec 25, 2017
140 posts
151 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote: I Know nothing about piano but my assumption is these digitals are a great option for space saving and the sound is actually really quite nice? I presume you save on maintenance costs and don't have to deal with tuning and all that. I would like to get into playing piano.
Correct on all the points. Just know that not all digital pianos feel the same, and they don’t sound the same neither. That’s why it’s always better to try before you buy.
Aug 15, 2014
72 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know if there is tax on their used items?
Jun 6, 2013
90 posts
23 upvotes
yes.

I paid 1k3 for a used Taylor 314ce - TAYLOR GRAND AUDITORIUM SPRUCE/SAPELE ACOUSTIC ELECTRIC GUITAR - CUTAWAY, does it worth the money? Anyone?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1152 posts
1280 upvotes
Surrey
rebelcherry wrote: yes.

I paid 1k3 for a used Taylor 314ce - TAYLOR GRAND AUDITORIUM SPRUCE/SAPELE ACOUSTIC ELECTRIC GUITAR - CUTAWAY, does it worth the money? Anyone?
Here's the thing on instruments. It is completely personal. Cost is for the most part irrelevant if you enjoy it. I have gear from the low budget end to high end and as long as I enjoy playing it, it's really all that matters. Buy the best you can afford and enjoy.

If fits you well as in how it holds, sits awesome. If you love the sound, the way it plays, etc. Add those things together then it's the perfect guitar and it is absolutely worth it. I play my Epiphone Custom LP more than I do my GIbson and made in USA strat.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2138 posts
878 upvotes
rebelcherry wrote: I paid 1k3 for a used Taylor 314ce - TAYLOR GRAND AUDITORIUM SPRUCE/SAPELE ACOUSTIC ELECTRIC GUITAR - CUTAWAY, does it worth the money? Anyone?
It depends on the condition of the instrument. $1300 for a used Taylor 314ce that's in very good, excellent or mint condition is a good deal.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2545 posts
3577 upvotes
GTA
Eugene911 wrote: Correct on all the points. Just know that not all digital pianos feel the same, and they don’t sound the same neither. That’s why it’s always better to try before you buy.
One major difference is how the digital responds to key pressure. The better ones mimic a real key pressing/hitting a hammer against a string and really capture the nuances of both the speed and pressure of the key press.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)