Expired Hot Deals

[Long & McQuade] Long & McQuade Nationwide Inventory Blowout - Fri. Feb.14/Sat.15th

Mar 15, 2005
582 posts
367 upvotes
Not just for musicians! For those who shuck hard drives this is a great opportunity to stock up on guitar picks :). Makes quick work of those annoying plastic cases
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1446 posts
523 upvotes
discoblues wrote: Not just for musicians! For those who shuck hard drives this is a great opportunity to stock up on guitar picks :). Makes quick work of those annoying plastic cases
Ha, no kidding. You have more patience than I do if you'll wait for one of L&M's sales to avoid paying full price for guitar picks though.
Feb 26, 2008
684 posts
622 upvotes
Surrey
djredhat wrote: The prices on new/demo stuff are joke à- like 5-10% off MsRP.

How is their used stuff? Even on used stuff you can do better on kijiji.
Depends on what you are looking for. They had some traynor tube amps in the past for a STEAL! Really depends on your location. I usually go to the one in Langley and have walked out with some fantastic finds (amps, guitars, pedals). A couple of years ago, they had a Traynor YGM3 reissue for $375 or something. It was gone by the time I got there. They still had used YGL1 for around that price as well. That particular location I find gets a lot of decent used trade ins and they sell them for prices most times better than kijiji. You also get a warranty in case anything goes kaput. Last sale they had a boss katana amp for over half off new price. I was debating on it as I am looking for a good solid state amp....and someone came along...gone! Most times I go in that store, it's best if I left my credit card at home!
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1865 posts
540 upvotes
I've been a L&M customer for many years.

Generally their sales are mediocre but I have occasionally got some good deals. I buy a lot of gear from them and I have a sales guy I deal with regularly so I get really good service.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Sep 19, 2014
386 posts
172 upvotes
Markham, ON
People making fun of OP post on it being a "regular sale" don't realize long-mcquade have sales maybe twice a year.
It is not common like your weekly costco flyer sales.

Also, kijiji is filled with 99% crap nowadays, most listing are from business and resellers
Apr 30, 2009
679 posts
466 upvotes
GTA
Gotten some great deals at L&M in the past, mostly just walking into my local store and looking around. I don't think I've ever bought anything major during the annual sale.
Get to know the staff at your local music store (L&M or other). Let them know what you're looking for and your budget. They will often help you out when something good shows up.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1749 posts
578 upvotes
Edmonton
Eugene911 wrote: I’d look at some similar priced Kawai models. Like CN29, which you can get for around 1800-1900 pretax. They don’t sell them online though. For pianos, be it digital or acoustic, best bet is to sit in front of the instrument and try the action and sound, even if you are a complete beginner just like I was when I bought mine not long ago. You could still feel the difference when comparing different brand/models side by side.its almost always better to go to your local dealer to check things out in person
I Know nothing about piano but my assumption is these digitals are a great option for space saving and the sound is actually really quite nice? I presume you save on maintenance costs and don't have to deal with tuning and all that. I would like to get into playing piano.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Dec 25, 2017
126 posts
136 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote: I Know nothing about piano but my assumption is these digitals are a great option for space saving and the sound is actually really quite nice? I presume you save on maintenance costs and don't have to deal with tuning and all that. I would like to get into playing piano.
Correct on all the points. Just know that not all digital pianos feel the same, and they don’t sound the same neither. That’s why it’s always better to try before you buy.
Aug 15, 2014
53 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know if there is tax on their used items?
Jun 6, 2013
41 posts
6 upvotes
yes.

I paid 1k3 for a used Taylor 314ce - TAYLOR GRAND AUDITORIUM SPRUCE/SAPELE ACOUSTIC ELECTRIC GUITAR - CUTAWAY, does it worth the money? Anyone?
Feb 26, 2008
684 posts
622 upvotes
Surrey
rebelcherry wrote: yes.

I paid 1k3 for a used Taylor 314ce - TAYLOR GRAND AUDITORIUM SPRUCE/SAPELE ACOUSTIC ELECTRIC GUITAR - CUTAWAY, does it worth the money? Anyone?
Here's the thing on instruments. It is completely personal. Cost is for the most part irrelevant if you enjoy it. I have gear from the low budget end to high end and as long as I enjoy playing it, it's really all that matters. Buy the best you can afford and enjoy.

If fits you well as in how it holds, sits awesome. If you love the sound, the way it plays, etc. Add those things together then it's the perfect guitar and it is absolutely worth it. I play my Epiphone Custom LP more than I do my GIbson and made in USA strat.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1865 posts
540 upvotes
rebelcherry wrote: I paid 1k3 for a used Taylor 314ce - TAYLOR GRAND AUDITORIUM SPRUCE/SAPELE ACOUSTIC ELECTRIC GUITAR - CUTAWAY, does it worth the money? Anyone?
It depends on the condition of the instrument. $1300 for a used Taylor 314ce that's in very good, excellent or mint condition is a good deal.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Apr 30, 2009
679 posts
466 upvotes
GTA
Eugene911 wrote: Correct on all the points. Just know that not all digital pianos feel the same, and they don’t sound the same neither. That’s why it’s always better to try before you buy.
One major difference is how the digital responds to key pressure. The better ones mimic a real key pressing/hitting a hammer against a string and really capture the nuances of both the speed and pressure of the key press.