Hot Deals

[Long & McQuade] Westone UM Pro 50 Five Driver In-Ear Monitors - Clear - $569.99

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10310 posts
6720 upvotes

[Long & McQuade] Westone UM Pro 50 Five Driver In-Ear Monitors - Clear - $569.99

Seems to be some kind of dynamic pricing. Buy now, think later.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca. Forget Amazon, cheaper at Long & McQuade.

You've been saving up for rainy days...with great sounding music on those day? Grab these.
Last edited by chatbox on Feb 9th, 2021 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 27, 2004
3112 posts
414 upvotes
This is a good price. Great smooth full mids and strong bass; it has a warm sound signature that some may not enjoy at first and takes some time getting used to. The treble is soft and not as extended as some other alternatives. Overall I'd buy it again
Newbie
Nov 7, 2005
91 posts
28 upvotes
I wonder which one you're getting. The picture shows that it's the Gen 2 model, but the link and description are of Gen 1:
Gen 1
Gen 2

If it is Gen 1 I think it might've been cheaper before, but a pretty good deal still.
Sr. Member
Jul 14, 2008
913 posts
1244 upvotes
Montreal
danascully wrote: Wired earbuds in 2021?

No thx
we're all impatiently waiting for your expert audiophile review of your airpods and how it's better than these IEMs.
Member
Dec 29, 2017
276 posts
207 upvotes
My wired-earbuds are always within the range of $90-$150, mostly by Sennheiser, AKG, or Beyerdynamic.

Is it genuinely worth investing $500 into these? I don't mind if there are sound reasons.

Would love to hear advice from audiophiles! :)
Newbie
Oct 27, 2018
54 posts
52 upvotes
track2 wrote: My wired-earbuds are always within the range of $90-$150, mostly by Sennheiser, AKG, or Beyerdynamic.

Is it genuinely worth investing $500 into these? I don't mind if there are sound reasons.

Would love to hear advice from audiophiles! :)
If you're willing to enter the rabbit hole of chi-fi, I would recommend you start there to get a sense of what your sound signature preferences are without spending a fortune. Just because an IEM is priced expensively, doesn't mean it's objectively better than what you currently listen to. It honestly becomes sound preference past the $200 mark, with few exceptions like the Campfire Andromedas.

I would argue that because of the appeal of chi-fi, you now see diminishing returns on IEMs past the $200 budget. They are serious bang for your buck when compared to mainstream brands you see at Bestbuy like Sennheiser, AKG, Bose, etc.

If you want to get into chi-fi, some big hits are the Fiio FH3, Moondrop Starfield, BLON BL-03. These are all priced <$200 CAD.
Last edited by digodoom197 on Feb 9th, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1195 posts
685 upvotes
track2 wrote: My wired-earbuds are always within the range of $90-$150, mostly by Sennheiser, AKG, or Beyerdynamic.

Is it genuinely worth investing $500 into these? I don't mind if there are sound reasons.

Would love to hear advice from audiophiles! :)
Then you've never really listened to music the way it was meant to be produced.
Newbie
Mar 6, 2002
6 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
digodoom197 wrote: If you're willing to enter the rabbit hole of chi-fi, I would recommend you start there to get a sense of what your sound signature preferences are without spending a fortune. Just because an IEM is priced expensively, doesn't mean it's objectively better than what you currently listen to. It honestly becomes sound preference past the $200 mark, with few exceptions like the Campfire Andromedas.

I would argue that because of the appeal of chi-fi, you now see diminishing returns on IEMs past the $200 budget. They are serious bang for your buck when compared to mainstream brands you see at Bestbuy like Sennheiser, AKG, Bose, etc.

If you want to get into chi-fi, some big hits are the Fiio FH3, Moondrop Starfield, BLON BL-03. These are all priced <$200 CAD.
Or the Drop JVC: https://drop.com/buy/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem

Good deal at $200USD, and I don't think you'll be missing anything when you compare it with the Westone.
Member
Dec 29, 2017
276 posts
207 upvotes
digodoom197 wrote: If you're willing to enter the rabbit hole of chi-fi, I would recommend you start there to get a sense of what your sound signature preferences are without spending a fortune. Just because an IEM is priced expensively, doesn't mean it's objectively better than what you currently listen to. It honestly becomes sound preference past the $200 mark, with few exceptions like the Campfire Andromedas.

I would argue that because of the appeal of chi-fi, you now see diminishing returns on IEMs past the $200 budget. They are serious bang for your buck when compared to mainstream brands you see at Bestbuy like Sennheiser, AKG, Bose, etc.

If you want to get into chi-fi, some big hits are the Fiio FH3, Moondrop Starfield, BLON BL-03. These are all priced <$200 CAD.
I will definitely do more research into chi-fi. When I was always ordering Sennheisers cx5 or momentum, I was browsing through the earbuds section, and seeing $1200 buds always got me thinking "who buys those? That would suck if they break just like my other pair that barely lasts 1.5 years"

Every day one learn something new ;)
Member
Jan 4, 2019
372 posts
144 upvotes
Ouu baby this are nice looking. I definitely don't have the need tho. Have an upvote tho!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14810 posts
6080 upvotes
Ottawa
track2 wrote: I will definitely do more research into chi-fi. When I was always ordering Sennheisers cx5 or momentum, I was browsing through the earbuds section, and seeing $1200 buds always got me thinking "who buys those? That would suck if they break just like my other pair that barely lasts 1.5 years"
Yeah, I wouldn't spend that much either. Headphones are seriously diminishing returns and sometimes spending more money doesn't mean they are better. Some of the Chi-Fi gear are darn good too, for example, the Moondrop Blessing 2 is a few hundred and can hold its own against much more expensive stuff. And the Starfield was mentioned too

Point being: there are LOTS of great headphones that don't cost a fortune.

I don't have luck when it comes to expensive gear even if I am very careful.....I'm sure I'd snag the cable on something and it comes flying out of my ear into the sewer grate or something.
RFD is not just for cheapskates. Those who want their expensive toys don't want to pay full price either.
Sr. Member
Oct 7, 2015
530 posts
449 upvotes
Vanier, ON
Considering upgrade 10 years old UE TF10...
Is this one a good option ?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1385 posts
501 upvotes
Richmond Hill
x8ssJoe wrote: Considering upgrade 10 years old UE TF10...
Is this one a good option ?
I am a UE fans too, I upgraded to ue 18 Pro -.-"
Sr. Member
Oct 7, 2015
530 posts
449 upvotes
Vanier, ON
jacky190424 wrote: I am a UE fans too, I upgraded to ue 18 Pro -.-"
Of course I would like a pair UE 18 pro...
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1385 posts
501 upvotes
Richmond Hill
x8ssJoe wrote: Of course I would like a pair UE 18 pro...
I have ue tf10, ue 900s then ue 18 pro
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14810 posts
6080 upvotes
Ottawa
x8ssJoe wrote: Considering upgrade 10 years old UE TF10...
Is this one a good option ?
The UETF10 was a keeper for me, kept it for many years, and was well used. These days you can get better for the same money. The UE TF10 are lacking a bit of midrange presence but it has a good overall balance, but sounds a little recessed. I wouldn't trade it for any random IEM unless you have something specific you are after. I still have my originals AND an extra spare pair that I bought for $99 USD when they were discontinued.
RFD is not just for cheapskates. Those who want their expensive toys don't want to pay full price either.
Newbie
Feb 17, 2019
77 posts
39 upvotes
I have these and genuinely enjoy them. Bought them used for $450. I do however prefer my old Westone 4Rs (which are sadly broken).

Top