Expired Hot Deals

Long & McQuade

Westone UM Pro 50 Five Driver In-Ear Monitors - Clear - $569.99

Mar 4, 2013
615 posts
442 upvotes
jacky190424 wrote: I have ue tf10, ue 900s then ue 18 pro
I have tf10, ue900 too, but not 18pro. How much better is the 18pro?
Jun 10, 2020
990 posts
1004 upvotes
Chi-fi?? I'm afraid you're going down a rabbit hole I probably don't want to enter... not sure what my Zen/Qi has to do with some headphones.... Lol.

And why these over some regular over-ear monitors by Sony?
digodoom197 wrote: If you're willing to enter the rabbit hole of chi-fi, I would recommend you start there to get a sense of what your sound signature preferences are without spending a fortune. Just because an IEM is priced expensively, doesn't mean it's objectively better than what you currently listen to. It honestly becomes sound preference past the $200 mark, with few exceptions like the Campfire Andromedas.

I would argue that because of the appeal of chi-fi, you now see diminishing returns on IEMs past the $200 budget. They are serious bang for your buck when compared to mainstream brands you see at Bestbuy like Sennheiser, AKG, Bose, etc.

If you want to get into chi-fi, some big hits are the Fiio FH3, Moondrop Starfield, BLON BL-03. These are all priced <$200 CAD.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1894 posts
852 upvotes
Richmond Hill
acheuk wrote: I have tf10, ue900 too, but not 18pro. How much better is the 18pro?
I would say, the custom fit is the key, the sound has improvement , the width is obviously wider, and more detail. The overall feeling is similar to TF10.
I wouldn't suggest to buy one because now day the economy isn't good. I highly recommend save the money for something important or emergency needs.
If only if it has a great deal in Massdrop and you have good spear of money for toy, else don't think about it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)