Long Distance Calling Card for Virgin?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2012 2:09 pm
[OP]
Jun 8, 2011
44 posts
KITCHENER

Long Distance Calling Card for Virgin?

Does anyone know a good international long-distance calling card to use with my Virgin Mobile cell phone? I need to call parents in Uganda when their grandchild is born, but since I only have a cell phone I'm looking for a cheaper way to do this from the hospital than paying Virgin's $3/min (or whatever). Has anyone had any success with international long distance calling cards & Virgin Mobile?

Thanks!
5 replies
[OP]
Jun 8, 2011
44 posts
KITCHENER
Gee wrote: Using a calling card will still eat up your minutes.

Is a Notebook with Skype an option?

I know using a calling card will still eat my minutes, but I'm trying to avoid the extreme long-distance charge on top of that. I'm not too concerned with eating up my airtime minutes, I've got lots of those :) Unfortunately a notebook and skype isn't an option :(
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3814 posts
613 upvotes
Go pick up a cheap calling card... I dont think it should matter as to what one you use
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10131 posts
1390 upvotes
Mississauga
shushwap wrote: Go pick up a cheap calling card... I dont think it should matter as to what one you use

+1 because the initial number you are dialing is a local toronto 416 number

Another way to do it if you dont want to eat up minutes is to add the 10 buddies for $10 and add the local calling card number to your buddies list
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 37-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6045 posts
2751 upvotes
Durham
The cheapest calling cards are located in a small booth upstairs on the second floor at Pacific Mall ...

They sell all phone cards at 20% off ...

I go there all the time to pick up the GREEN "Quality" $5 card .... PRICE $4 ... CHEAP!!!

The card, once activated, lasts for 12 weeks ...

It gives me more than 10 hours of calling time ...
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)