Expired Hot Deals

Long & McQuade

Long & Mcquade Attic Sale Friday - Saturday (Bloor Location)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2012 2:06 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 5, 2011
13 posts
6 upvotes
TORONTO

[Long & McQuade] Long & Mcquade Attic Sale Friday - Saturday (Bloor Location)

Thanks to this site, I've gotten a couple great deals here and there... so i figure id post something for once.

Not sure if they're just trying to clear old inventory, but its worth a look!

oh and the first 100 people get free coffee. LOL

http://www.long-mcquade.com/imgs/LM%20a ... 2012LR.pdf

Long & McQuade (925 Bloor St.W. | 416-588-7886
http://www.long-mcquade.com
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8360 posts
2025 upvotes
Toronto
It looks like they're just trying to clear out all their used stuff.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4138 upvotes
Toronto
"Door Prizes" and "Lots of Free Swag"... nice! Hopefully some good deals on audio/studio equipment that I'm interested in. Thanks!
Apr 23, 2011
890 posts
253 upvotes
Newcastle
Been a few times, bring a car :razz:
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
The Keeley Time Machine pedal is a fantastic deal at $99. I'd pick one up if I didn't already have an Empress SuperDelay.
Apr 24, 2006
51 posts
usually the best deals aren't shown on the flyer.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3958 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
I got an automated phone call about this sale. Talk about annoying. Who does that anymore?
Oh, and free coffee for first 100 people? Wow, that's generous.

Anyway, I'm in need of some new gear so tempted to drop by. They had some awesome deals in the past and MikG is right, best deals aren't advertised. But it all depends on what you're looking for.
Jun 8, 2010
344 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know what is a decent used cello to buy? price range? I'm tired of renting my cello as it soon ends up being more than just purchasing one outright.
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
I wish this deal started on Saturday! All the daytime shoppers are going to scoop the best deals come Friday morning :(
Oct 6, 2010
131 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote: It looks like they're just trying to clear out all their used stuff.
They bring in good used items from all their branches nationwide for this sale. Also a lot of new discontinued/closeout bargains.
Oct 6, 2010
131 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
Deafmented wrote: I wish this deal started on Saturday! All the daytime shoppers are going to scoop the best deals come Friday morning :(
Somewhat true, but they also hold on to stuff to restock for the Saturday shoppers.
Jan 25, 2012
39 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Jeff Beck Strat & Keeley Time Machine Pedal are great deals!
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1134 posts
275 upvotes
Anyone know if they're selling discounted Zoom H4 recorders?
Banned
Jan 26, 2011
762 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
jkam wrote: For the used stuff, do they usually have more than 1?
I suppose it's YMMV. I'm tempted to go in to work late on Friday so I can get a good look around before all the starving musicians starve themselves even further.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5643 posts
2037 upvotes
Can someone with past experience post about if they have good deals on used acoustic guitars or older model acoustic guitars? Also, what brands might they have? Seagull? Larrivee? Are Martins or Taylors or Gibsons ever heavily discounted? Or is it gonna be a bunch of Denvers on discount lol.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5643 posts
2037 upvotes
mixpdf wrote: Somewhat true, but they also hold on to stuff to restock for the Saturday shoppers.
Not really...any of the good one offs are gone on the first day. I called in to ask and that's what they told me.
jkam wrote: For the used stuff, do they usually have more than 1?
Nope. They had a used Taylor 110 acoustic guitar listed on the flyer, and I called in to ask if they had more than 1 and they said no, only that one. So when it's gone it's gone. And actually, that guitar is gone because I bought it ;) Same with the other used acoustics.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jan 25, 2012
39 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
deezz wrote: Can someone with past experience post about if they have good deals on used acoustic guitars or older model acoustic guitars? Also, what brands might they have? Seagull? Larrivee? Are Martins or Taylors or Gibsons ever heavily discounted? Or is it gonna be a bunch of Denvers on discount lol.
I was there about an hour ago. There were 3-4 Seagulls, Larivee's, Art & Lutherie each. (12-16 in total) The guy in front of me bought a 700 seagull for 400. I didn't pay attention to the models. Hope that helps.
Apr 23, 2011
890 posts
253 upvotes
Newcastle
If you're thinking of going, are aren't more than 30-45minutes away, I say go. A lot of the good stuff is probably gone, but they had a lot of stuff left later in the day last time I was there

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)