Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Long & McQuade

Long & McQuade Musical Instruments - Holiday Freight Special

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2013 7:10 pm
Jun 4, 2007
150 posts
16 upvotes
Also looking into an electric Guitar for RockSmith 2014. Would like to get something that can grow with me as I learn. Any recommendations for Fender / Gibson?
Dec 11, 2010
468 posts
119 upvotes
DanP wrote: any suggestions for an entry level guitar for someone thinking about taking up the guitar?
Some good advice so far in this thread but before you or anyone else decides to drop a ton of money on a new guitar, have a look at this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2-E_TpaSoU

Also, buy a guitar that suits your music style. In other words don't let anyone talk you into starting with an acoustic guitar when you want to play rock or heavy metal.
Jun 7, 2009
192 posts
124 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote: http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/195/
Managed to pick up a guitar stand for 13.02 all in. Had to pay 1.32 for shipping but I'm not complaining.

Tempted to get this mini amp too so I can plug my headphones in. Is it a good buy?

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/16 ... ct_Amp.htm

I ordered the Danelectro Honeytone for $29 from L&M yesterday... Watched a few vids on YouTube and it seems to get a lot of love. Compared to the other pocket amps, it seems to be the best, esp at the price.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
320 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
DarthV wrote: Might be worth it to get a computer interface and amp sim software?
Nothing compares to a tube amp. Amp simulator software isn't going to come anywhere close to replicating the tone of a tube amplifier.
Oct 17, 2003
561 posts
177 upvotes
Fredericton
TheTarget wrote: Nothing compares to a tube amp. Amp simulator software isn't going to come anywhere close to replicating the tone of a tube amplifier.
My Kemper Profiling Amp will argue all day long about that statement ;)

And he linked a sub $100 toy amp, you're not going to find a valve amp that's anywhere near that in price.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2611 upvotes
doctorgeek wrote: I picked up Rocksmith 2014 Guitar bundle -- comes with a black Les Paul Junior guitar.

I've dabbled as a newbie with guitar, on and off. The Les Paul Junior was exactly what I needed to start me off down the power-chord road. And I cannot say enough great things about Rocksmith 2014 ! Holy cow, my fingers are aching from the jamming I've been doing the past week. The only gotcha I had was latency. (ie. sound delay introduced by my xbox/home theater setup). Googled the issue, and found out you really need to split out the analog audio from the xbox to cut out the delay... I followed instructions and now it's working like a charm.
can you detail your exact setup for removing lag? looking to eliminate it from my setup and seeing how others did it

thanks
Jun 7, 2009
192 posts
124 upvotes
TheTarget wrote: Nothing compares to a tube amp. Amp simulator software isn't going to come anywhere close to replicating the tone of a tube amplifier.
I will also object-- amps modelers have come a long way. Also, the only real advantage to a tube amp is when you get it cranked and it starts to break up... If you're going anywhere over 20-30W, that will never happen in a practical setting. For at home jamming, it would be a good idea to look into microwatt amps, 10W and under. You'll be able to crank the volume without breaking eardrums or violating lease agreements.
Jan 5, 2005
112 posts
129 upvotes
joshmxpx wrote: can you detail your exact setup for removing lag? looking to eliminate it from my setup and seeing how others did it

thanks
Do a search on amazon.ca for 'xbox audio adapter'. That will basically give you the connector you need to dump your audio to analog. Output that analog audio to your stereo or speakers. In my case, I used a similar connector to connect audio to my receiver. And I used the HDMI cable to go to a projector... PM me if you need more details, or perhaps start a different thread in a different area where I can get into more details in case others are interested. Rock on!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)