• Feb 12th, 2012 8:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1331 posts
679 upvotes
Edmonton
Any deals in the Band music section, i.e., non-guitar/drums/amps sort of things? Sheet music or accessories or instruments?
Aug 23, 2010
990 posts
90 upvotes
kreisleriana wrote: Any deals in the Band music section, i.e., non-guitar/drums/amps sort of things? Sheet music or accessories or instruments?

yep i didn't pay them much attention though
Contests Won: None :mad:
Dec 2, 2007
504 posts
274 upvotes
Burlington store was a total bust. Some beat up rental crap they were trying to unload. Maaaybe an okay deal on a pedal or two, but mostly it was business as usual. Place was rammed with upset looking deal hunters.
Sep 14, 2003
686 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto
hdom wrote: Could someone please share their experience at one of these blowout sale ??

I am interested to pick up some used PA speaker, stands and cables, etc. I heard in years past, they used to really blow they out and could be had for not much but that has changed (?) over the years and recent past may be just a % off the as new price.

Anyone could please give me an idea ??

Thx.

If you didn't go you didn't miss anything. Speakers are from their rental dept... some are beat up, some good ones but do you really expect part-time wedding DJs to be gentle with them?

Years ago there were some good deals to be had on mid-end outboard rack gear and keyboards/synths but the quality and selection has gone down every year. Not surprisingly since most people are recording and just use plug-ins now. Even Cosmo music's annual sale sucks - this past year it was a scratch-and-save thing. Everyone got 10%. meh.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2612 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
heyjoe wrote: went to the scarborough one just now

it was a table full of really beat up speaks and effects, 2 racks of used guitars/basses, mostly basses, and a few amps.

the kijiji ad that was posted said used standard mim strats for $300

they had it for $400

fyi, they usually go for $450 new for most of the year, but they jacked it up to $500 in concurrence with the sale.

so for their biggest sale of the year, as the sales lady at the door so proclaimed, i was privileged enough to be offered $50 off if i take the used unit

glad i didn't waste my time, i was considering picking up a cheapo acoustic to practice at home

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)