Automotive

Longest chase in Ontario history?

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2018 11:03 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
14860 posts
9255 upvotes
Toronto

Longest chase in Ontario history?

Looks like a mustang.

Image

Article...
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
6707 posts
6717 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Globalnews reported it was a Camaro. If it was a mustang, it would've crashed into a crowd or something within 10 seconds of the chase
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8567 upvotes
GTHA
aeba7 wrote: Globalnews reported it was a Camaro. If it was a mustang, it would've crashed into a crowd or something within 10 seconds of the chase
Video posted by Global News

Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
54663 posts
19455 upvotes
If this was a Tesla, maybe it will have needed a breather.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 11, 2009
5850 posts
2391 upvotes
Debtario
PROTIP: shoot the helicopter out of the sky. Have video games taught us nothing?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
8871 posts
1783 upvotes
Vancouver
koffey wrote: Looks like a mustang.

Image

Article...
aeba7 wrote: Globalnews reported it was a Camaro. If it was a mustang, it would've crashed into a crowd or something within 10 seconds of the chase


Camaro according to Air1 durham regions kick a$$ take no names tech helicopter, operator describers it almost like a car commercial would. A new body style 2016/2017 camero.

I love how Durham Region always releases these videos from Air1. part of me suggests they are trying to defend its existence as I'm sure it's expensive to operate, but this is cool. Bad guys.... good luck not only running through an open field, but toss evidence.

Chalk one up for the good guys.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6431 posts
3448 upvotes
Mississauga
Dig the heat signature from the engine and exhaust while running at 200+.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1469 posts
511 upvotes
Ottawa
tk1000 wrote: Video posted by Global News
Thanks for the video! Ironically the 2-3 km/h foot chase was a lot more exciting than the 230km/h chase....
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 23, 2014
1929 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Where is the K9 unit - would've made a good real life practice for the good german shepherds after he dash into the woods.
Mining & Workstation EPYC 7702 64 Core & Dual 3950x Rigs | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |5 TB Samsung NVMe Storage
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15065 posts
2649 upvotes
Did not think Camaro can go that fast.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15065 posts
2649 upvotes
GangStarr wrote:

Camaro according to Air1 durham regions kick a$$ take no names tech helicopter, operator describers it almost like a car commercial would. A new body style 2016/2017 camero.

I love how Durham Region always releases these videos from Air1. part of me suggests they are trying to defend its existence as I'm sure it's expensive to operate, but this is cool. Bad guys.... good luck not only running through an open field, but toss evidence.

Chalk one up for the good guys.
What would have happened if the bad guy had night vision goggles once inside the woods and IR was no longer able to track him? Air1 can not sustain flight for more than 2-2.5 hours before refueling.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16406 posts
14519 upvotes
Richmond Hill
eldiablo wrote: Did not think Camaro can go that fast.
Not sure if serious. 230kmh is not that fast for a car with moderate power. Sure its stupid fast on public roads.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2009
1627 posts
601 upvotes
Markham
eldiablo wrote: What would have happened if the bad guy had night vision goggles once inside the woods and IR was no longer able to track him? Air1 can not sustain flight for more than 2-2.5 hours before refueling.
at the end they weren't able to track him, so air1 zoomed out to see the entire forest and said the guy will be his the second he exits the forest.
at that point its just mater of time for the cops to find the guy in the forest
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 8, 2001
27 posts
21 upvotes
GTA
Indeed it is a Camaro, the c-pillar glass kink and high belt line give it away. Impressed they got it right from that distance!
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
14860 posts
9255 upvotes
Toronto
Driver should have consumed more drugs and stripped naked to covered himself in snow like Arnold did with mud to escape the predator heat/night vision.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 11, 2009
5850 posts
2391 upvotes
Debtario
I'll admit this has made me want a camero more than any camero commercial. White ford bronco effect in full swing lol.

Driver would have much more rep if he pulled Jame Bond style driving stunts along the way. For the finale, engage the nitro, ramp that beast towards the helicopter with flames trailing back to the future style. Then proceed to engage the helicopter in air-to-air combat as the camero shows off its unique drone flight mode.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15065 posts
2649 upvotes
koffey wrote: Driver should have consumed more drugs and stripped naked to covered himself in snow like Arnold did with mud to escape the predator heat/night vision.
The problem with such a scenario is that any extremity would likely see a frostbite and likely an amputation including his weewee.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
8871 posts
1783 upvotes
Vancouver
eldiablo wrote: What would have happened if the bad guy had night vision goggles once inside the woods and IR was no longer able to track him? Air1 can not sustain flight for more than 2-2.5 hours before refueling.
Sounds like the driver was high on meth, you think these types of people go out and equip themselves with night vision goggles. Maybe in the ps3 world bro
Autocorrect sucks
Sr. Member
Dec 16, 2008
997 posts
428 upvotes
Richmond Hill
That last moment on foot behind bushes was pretty dangerous for cops. What if he had gun and started to shoot blindly from behind the trees

Top