Look for advice for investment in non-registered account

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 8:52 pm
[OP]
Mar 13, 2011
91 posts
16 upvotes

Look for advice for investment in non-registered account

Has been learning a lot from this forum but have not posted much. Looking for some advice for investment option in non-registered account.

We currently have maxed out TSFA and RRSP, for RRSP at current work it goes to Mawer fund on every pay (our service provider does not have low fee ETF options). For TSFA and accumulated RRSP from previous job, they are under self direct RRSP with TD and RRSP, and mainly goes to canadian and US dividend stocks, but I have found that I do not have time to track/research. Plan to keep those but not looking to add.

In addition we do have sizable amount of savings on non-registered account (around 200k), and have been sitting on HISA. For those I would like to deploy them on low cost ETF, but have two concerns:

- market timing: valuation seems pretty high, and feel nervous dump all in. Would I better off DCA, maybe divide into few chunks ? I know we should not time market but still the worry...
-tax efficiency: how bad to track distribution, ACB etc. if we were to buy something like Vanguard all in one ETF which seems appealing due to simplicity ?

Would appreciate any advice on above.

Thanks. PS: we are close to 50 and still have quite a bit of work life ahead if that matters.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)