• Aug 4th, 2020 4:15 pm
[OP]
Mar 10, 2004
377 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga

Look for recommendation lift and relevel of driveway interlock - Mississauga

Hey All,

Have some driveway/front entrance interlock that is about 20years old it's lifted, wavy and grows grass better than my lawn so I'm looking for some recommendation in Mississauga to get this repaired.

Thanks
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1275 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
Please keep us posted, my grandfather was quoted $10k for upper and lower portion of the driveway. Approx 4 car spots in size. Noway would we spend $10k
Jan 19, 2017
780 posts
864 upvotes
Kitchener
If it were my place, I would pressure wash the grass and crud out between the stones, (or spray with round up), rent a plate tamper and run it over the area, hopefully you can get it to settle, may need to take out a row to allow it to room to resettle. Then, get polymeric sand of your color preference, spread it all over the pavers and sweep it off. This will seal the joints and stop weeds from growing, and the stones from moving.

Other than that, may need to redo the stone work.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1482 posts
998 upvotes
Longueuil
Two people have done it themselves in my area (I guess contractors quoted them very high prices because it is a "small" job for them, a lot of labor, almost no material). It takes time but it is not very difficult (you don't have to dig and get rid of soil etc). They removed the pavers, got stone dust delivered that they used to level everything, rented a plate tamper to compact it and then installed the pavers back. I think one of them also did the polymeric sand himself but the other hired a company for that.
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try...
[OP]
Mar 10, 2004
377 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
porchemasi wrote: Please keep us posted, my grandfather was quoted $10k for upper and lower portion of the driveway. Approx 4 car spots in size. Noway would we spend $10k
I did get one quote for about $5500 for lift and level + $2100 for sealing after. This is about 800 sqft. I'm in the same boat as you, would not pay to have that done.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1186 upvotes
felix2000 wrote: Hey All,

Have some driveway/front entrance interlock that is about 20years old it's lifted, wavy and grows grass better than my lawn so I'm looking for some recommendation in Mississauga to get this repaired.

Thanks
Just lifted and relayed my pavers. It took 3 days to do 330 square feet . I needed a 2 yards of screening to level . We lifted the stone and numbered them . To try to replicate the pattern . It never worked the pattern was changed . We were short 20 stones to finish the job . We went to kijiji and FB market place . Within an hour we had the stones we needed to finish the job .

Moral of the story . The job is not that hard . But you need know how to level the base . You need know how to use a tapper to compact the screening . If you don't copy the exact pattern you will need more stone to finish the job . You have to rent a stone cutter if stones need to be cut . There are many videos on how to do it . It's not difficult . But it is bad breaking . Make sure you level away from your house .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
[OP]
Mar 10, 2004
377 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
pfbmgd wrote: Just lifted and relayed my pavers. It took 3 days to do 330 square feet . I needed a 2 yards of screening to level . We lifted the stone and numbered them . To try to replicate the pattern . It never worked the pattern was changed . We were short 20 stones to finish the job . We went to kijiji and FB market place . Within an hour we had the stones we needed to finish the job .

Moral of the story . The job is not that hard . But you need know how to level the base . You need know how to use a tapper to compact the screening . If you don't copy the exact pattern you will need more stone to finish the job . You have to rent a stone cutter if stones need to be cut . There are many videos on how to do it . It's not difficult . But it is bad breaking . Make sure you level away from your house .
Thanks I'm sure it's something I could do if it was a smaller amount! I would definitely consider it but if we are look at about ~110sqft a day and I think I have about 830sqft to do it probably would take a week or more and I'm not sure I have the time to be able to commit to doing it .
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1186 upvotes
felix2000 wrote: Thanks I'm sure it's something I could do if it was a smaller amount! I would definitely consider it but if we are look at about ~110sqft a day and I think I have about 830sqft to do it probably would take a week or more and I'm not sure I have the time to be able to commit to doing it .
It's not that difficult . But you defiantly need two people to do it in reasonable time .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)