Looking for 30 inch built in refrigerator

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2019 9:54 am
[OP]
Dec 28, 2005
46 posts
2 upvotes

Looking for 30 inch built in refrigerator

We purchased a house that came with an older sub zero 30" built in fridge. Now it's pooched... Having difficulties finding an affordable replacement (something under 5k). Seems like all of the 30 inch built ins are luxury brands (Thermador, Sub Zero, Bosch, Liebherr, etc)... I'd be happy with something simple like LG or KitchenAid but they don't make this size (30 X 24 X 84). Any suggestions? We'd consider floor model, open box, clearance...
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9937 posts
7224 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
jumpmanjr wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:37 am
We purchased a house that came with an older sub zero 30" built in fridge. Now it's pooched... Having difficulties finding an affordable replacement (something under 5k). Seems like all of the 30 inch built ins are luxury brands (Thermador, Sub Zero, Bosch, Liebherr, etc)... I'd be happy with something simple like LG or KitchenAid but they don't make this size (30 X 24 X 84). Any suggestions? We'd consider floor model, open box, clearance...
They are definitely available ...
And not terribly “uncommon”
GOOGLE = 30 inch refrigerator

Then just find a model / brand name & store you want to deal with
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4018 posts
1527 upvotes
AB
jumpmanjr wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:37 am
Have you also looked at these?
https://www.blombergappliances.com/prod ... ators.html
https://www.fisherpaykel.com/ca/kitchen ... ezers.html
[OP]
Dec 28, 2005
46 posts
2 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:58 am
They are definitely available ...
And not terribly “uncommon”
GOOGLE = 30 inch refrigerator

Then just find a model / brand name & store you want to deal with
Uncommon amongst affordable brands... google = 30 inch refrigerator = $10000
[OP]
Dec 28, 2005
46 posts
2 upvotes
Yes... Blomberg seems to be cheapest but still
Approx $8000. Also blomberg seems to offer the sideways opening freezer door... a poor design in my opinion...

Trying not to be picky but ideally we'd like a single door fridge on top and pull out drawer freezer on bottom.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33501 posts
7531 upvotes
Ottawa
jumpmanjr wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 7:34 am
Uncommon amongst affordable brands... google = 30 inch refrigerator = $10000
Not trying to go off topic but why are these "built in" fridges so expensive?

Here is one I found
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/lg-ele ... 1000795118
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33501 posts
7531 upvotes
Ottawa
jumpmanjr wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 9:38 am
The one you found is not built in... with built ins, they are typically 24 inch depth with the mechanical parts like the compressor on top of the fridge.
I responded to your request "I'd be happy with something simple like LG or KitchenAid but they don't make this size (30 X 24 X 84). Any suggestions?"
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.