Automotive

Looking for a 7 seater with the best third row and cargo/trunk space.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2019 11:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
1527 posts
1065 upvotes

Looking for a 7 seater with the best third row and cargo/trunk space.

Hey guys Looking for a 7 seater with the best third row and cargo/trunk space. Don’t care about the brand /status . Budget 60 k all in.
Priorities:-reliability, third row space and cargo room.
Thanks
“There are the people who don’t know, and the people who don’t know that they don’t know”- Treva84
71 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38241 posts
24426 upvotes
Center of Universe
2020 Explorer Sport...you won't be disappointed.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
8901 posts
5171 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
macrossr wrote: Minivan?
Can't beat practicality and space of minivan. Can get base Sienna with good std equipment for less then 40k.

Otherwise many options... Pilot, Highlander new design, Sante Fe XL, Palisade [sic] and then have the bigger suvs like Explorer, etc.
2022: BOC raised 8 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017 to 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19755 posts
23176 upvotes
GTA
nousername wrote: Hey guys Looking for a 7 seater with the best third row and cargo/trunk space. Don’t care about the brand /status . Budget 60 k all in.
Thanks
Ford Transit van.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
2071 posts
1181 upvotes
Etobicoke
Hyundai Santa Fe XL
-----------------------------------------------------

"It's better to be dead and cool...than alive and uncool!"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
1527 posts
1065 upvotes
Minivan is the last choice if I really had no choice. Prefer suv if possible.
“There are the people who don’t know, and the people who don’t know that they don’t know”- Treva84
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
1527 posts
1065 upvotes
georvu wrote: Can't beat practicality and space of minivan. Can get base Sienna with good std equipment for less then 40k.

Otherwise many options... Pilot, Highlander new design, Sante Fe XL, Palisade [sic] and then have the bigger suvs like Explorer, etc.
looked into so far
Highlander, cx9,mdx, santafe, qx 60.. so far disappointing with regards to third row and dismal cargo space when third row up.
Yet to look into atlas, telluride, ascent , Tahoe, suburban.
Can’t get over the looks of pilot and explorer.
May 4, 2014
130 posts
181 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Op if you need space behind the 3rd row get a minivan...simple solution to your problem. If you are too cool for minivan good luck with you search
Feb 14, 2010
852 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
Chevrolet Suburban for the most space
Atlas, Traverse, or Telluride/Palisade cheaper but less space.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1778 posts
1280 upvotes
You want real 3rd row seats. You either go with a full size suv or a minivan. No way around it.
May 6, 2010
985 posts
366 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have SUV with 7 seats and a minivan
3rd row in most SUVs for kids only, and there's not so much cargo room. I prefer SUV for better handling in bad weather, towing/camping but beware of limitations. I had to use Thule roof box to get more space.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19755 posts
23176 upvotes
GTA
nousername wrote: Hey guys Looking for a 7 seater with the best third row and cargo/trunk space. Don’t care about the brand /status . Budget 60 k all in.
Thanks
nousername wrote: Minivan is the last choice if I really had no choice. Prefer suv if possible.
Thanks
nousername wrote: Minivan is the last choice if I really had no choice. Prefer suv if possible.
nousername wrote: looked into so far
Highlander, cx9,mdx, santafe, qx 60.. so far disappointing with regards to third row and dismal cargo space when third row up.
Yet to look into atlas, telluride, ascent , Tahoe, suburban.
Can’t get over the looks of pilot and explorer.
Hmmm...
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5197 posts
4950 upvotes
GTA
Sienna or Odyssey if not mentioned before since you don't care about brand/baller status. Pilot if you really hate minivans.
Last edited by Tommy74 on Oct 27th, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2017
5314 posts
5435 upvotes
Ottawa
Buick Enclave. Has the most room of the three rows CUVs - adults can actually sit in the third row. If cost is an issue, the Chev Traverse is an option.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5983 posts
4433 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Pilot surprisingly has a decent third row. Had a few times where we sat a 6" dude in there for a 3 hour road trip.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4182 posts
1979 upvotes
BC
Thanks
VW atlas.
Thank me later ...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5197 posts
4950 upvotes
GTA
iownyou wrote: VW atlas.
Thank me later ...
Friends don't let friends waste money on VWs.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4182 posts
1979 upvotes
BC
Tommy74 wrote: Friends don't let friends waste money on VWs.
Huh? I'm not his friend