Looking for advice from an OMVIC registered Broker

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2020 12:42 am
[OP]
Nov 19, 2020
0 posts
Mississauga, ON

Looking for advice from an OMVIC registered Broker

Hi everybody, not sure if this is the right section to post it under, but I'm looking to see if there are any OMVIC registered auto brokers here willing to share some advice on how to startup? I initially wanted to register as a general used dealership, but the premises I had access to wouldn't allow for it, and being a student it's a bit difficult to rent out an office while just starting up, so I'm looking to try brokering for a bit. My target audience would be auto enthusiasts looking to get access to auctions, or people who are looking to export vehicle overseas (irreparable, salvage, flood cars). Tried googling to find some answers, but couldn't find anything.

I'm finishing up the business and individual applications for OMVIC, already did the course. I'm more so looking for info on how people operate as brokers, how they typically carry out transactions, which auctions allow for brokers to buy on behalf of their clients (I've sent out some emails, will start calling them too). I've also seen some brokers offering financing and leasing, so wondering how that works too? I may have some more questions that come up so I hope whoever helps me doesn't mind.

I have some great connections in the industry, but none that operate brokerages or have any info on them. Thank you in advanced!