looking for advise to buy Hamilton watch online or in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2018 7:57 am
Apr 6, 2015
26 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, on

looking for advise to buy Hamilton watch online or in Toronto

I am looking to purchase a Hamilton Khaki King Scuba Automatic Black Dial Men's Watch. The exact model is H64515133. I have few questions.

1) How are the Hamilton retailers in GTA? There are several authorized retailers listed on the Hamilton website? Are they selling MSRP usually or there is a discount?
2) I searched amazon.ca and the bay, but cant find the model i want. Jomashop lists it for USD $439 but oos. There are some sellers from the US on ebay. I am open to a used one. Do I still pay full tax and custom even if i buy used? is there any other Canadian online retailers you guys recommend?
91gqg7wO47L._UY550_.jpg
lots of thanks in advance!
5 replies
Aug 4, 2015
7 posts
4 upvotes
New Brunswick
I’d equally like to head from the community surrounding lower Hamilton prices. Amazon and The bay seem to be the only available options in my area.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1353 posts
284 upvotes
I’ve recently purchased a Hamilton from Ashford, and no complaints. All packaging original, excellent price, shipped quickly, duty paid at the door, no surprises. I kept a close eye on price fluctuations across several sites and jumped at a one day deal.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
In most big malls you'll find European Jewellers and L'oro, both of which sell Hamiltons. I've had good experiences with the guys at Gem Bijou near Front/Simcoe. Vaughan Mills also has Radiant Fine Jewellers.

You can for sure negotiate a discount. Hamilton's are quite ubiquitous. The only time you'll have difficulty getting a discount on a Hamilton is if you're chasing after a limited edition model. At the very least, you should be able to purchase with taxes off. I would try to aim for at least another 10% off that.

Don't be expecting Jomashop prices if you buy locally. Brick and Mortar stores simply cannot compete on that pricing.
Apr 6, 2015
26 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, on
fantastic advise! i contacted Gem Bijou and they seem to have my model. I will pop by and share my experience afterwards
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
LongTimeUser wrote: I’d equally like to head from the community surrounding lower Hamilton prices. Amazon and The bay seem to be the only available options in my area.
If you know the model reference, call up a dealer in QC or Ontario and ask if they can sell it to you. Hamilton's are easily sold at a discount.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)