Request-A-Deal

Looking for Best 27 inch computer monitor 1440P under $300.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2022 3:41 pm
[OP]
Dec 28, 2005
57 posts
6 upvotes

Looking for Best 27 inch computer monitor 1440P under $300.

Any leads on a deal for a 27 inch computer monitor under $300
1440P 2K

Here is what I have found thus far:
Dell SE2723DS - 229.99
Dell S2721DS - 269.99
Acer V277U-bmiipx - 219.99 (refurbished)
Samsung LS27B612EQNXZA - 249.99 (or 212.49 open box)
MSI - OPTIKG217CQP - 299

They all seem the same to me... can anyone confirm that any of these are a worthy purchase? Or have any other leads?

I am not much of a gamer but would like to have that option to a small degree if necessary.
6 replies
Nov 9, 2021
78 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Are you looking for a Gaming monitor (i.e do you care about high refresh rates?)

If so the one @tom_no.1 linked is the cheapest/best for the price. However it is OOS on CanadaComputers for Online purchases but may be available at a CC store near you, idk. Regardless, it's still available for $8 more on Amazon.ca, linked here:
https://www.amazon.ca/MSI-Optix-G273QF- ... C74&sr=1-1

This one is:
- 27" (which I've heard is the limit of diminishing returns for a 1440p screen in terms of PPI)
- 1440p
- IPS (better for colors supposedly)
- 165 refresh rate
- 1ms response time
- Both Variable Refresh Rate Sync technologies (Nvidia G-Sync compatible, and AMD FreeSync)
- other features such as anti-glare and what not.

The only downside I found with this monitor is that it does not have Height Adjustment which is a deal breaker for me personally. But apart from that $288 for all these features is close to the best price here in Canada. If you don't need a gaming monitor there remain cheaper options of course.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2005
57 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks for taking time to reply to my request. Merry Christmas. I just checked that website and this MSI monitor is sold.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2005
57 posts
6 upvotes
BenjMcWenj wrote:
If so the one @tom_no.1 linked is the cheapest/best for the price. However it is OOS on CanadaComputers for Online purchases but may be available at a CC store near you, idk. Regardless, it's still available for $8 more on Amazon.ca, linked here:
Sold out on CC and Amazon has it listed at far more $$$.
Nov 9, 2021
78 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal, QC
jumpmanjr wrote: Sold out on CC and Amazon has it listed at far more $$$.
That's a shame, it was $288 + free shipping at time of posting... but don't fret good monitors are getting cheaper and there will be a similar deal in no time. Just be patient.
Feb 24, 2018
841 posts
524 upvotes
Those two Dell seem like they SHOULD be fine, I'm trying to decide as well. I want something with good contrast for movies or at least as good of a contrast as you can get on IPS and good light reflecting cos I don't usually sit in a dark room and I don't like turning the brightness high either.

Also another two to consider if willing to go to $340, the BenQ EX2710Q and EW2780Q. They both have very good speakers which might matter to some but I've also seen some good reviews about the colours on them.

There's also some gaming monitors like an MSI, the white one at certain stores is $299 but I'm not sure about the QC on those.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)