• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2020 10:17 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough

Looking for the best Phó in Scarborough

I've never had Phó and I want my first time to be amazing! I know I put Scarborough in the title and that is because I reside in Scarborough and there is somewhat of a decent Vietnamese community (perhaps further north). I am willing to go outside my zone if it means it's superior quality. Something that has meat in it (not so much seafood) and maybe with an egg? Not sure how they balance out based on the ingredients but something rich in flavor and overall really good. Thank you!
20 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Pho Metro: warden/lawrence
Pho Dau Bo: markham/lawrence
Kim Po: kennedy/steeles (lacking in cleanliness/service)
Last edited by Terabithia on Dec 30th, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<inappropriate signature>
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
Wonder if this Pho thread will turn into the same sh1tshow as the last one? Also, somebody please post that video again on how to properly pronoun Pho again. LOL
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
Terabithia wrote: Pho Metro: warden/lawrence
Pho Dau Bo: markham/lawrence
Kim Po: kennedy/steeles
Kim po - that place was so dirty. Last visit was probably 6+ yrs ago. The person cleaning the table dropped the wash cloth onto the floor and then picked it up and using it to clean the table. I asked for the table to be re-cleaned with a clean cloth but she decided to ignore my request.
Last edited by booblehead on Dec 30th, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
booblehead wrote: Kim po - that place was so dirty. Last visit was probably 6+ yrs ago. The person cleaning the table dropped the wash cloth onto the floor and then picked it up and using it to clean the table. I asked for the table to be recreated with a clean cloth and she decided to ignore my request.
Astonished Face
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
2138 posts
1968 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote: Wonder if this Pho thread will turn into the same sh1tshow as the last one? Also, somebody please post that video again on how to properly pronoun Pho again. LOL
It shouldn't, provided we stick to recommendations. To OP, I like Little Saigon in Richmond Hill, Yonge and Weldrick. If you want more fusion with Chinese version, then Q1 Le Pho (I call it Le Pho Q1) on Major Mac and Leslie is good too.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
booblehead wrote: Kim po - that place was so dirty. Last visit was probably 6+ yrs ago. The person cleaning the table dropped the wash cloth onto the floor and then picked it up and using it to clean the table. I asked for the table to be re-cleaned with a clean cloth but she decided to ignore my request.
Ewww.
Typical problems in Viet restaurants tho - cleanliness (will I get attacked for saying this?)
There's too much stuff going on in the kitchen that customers don't get to see. However she ignored your request.. that's taking it to another level and a reflection of their poor customer service!
<inappropriate signature>
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2042 posts
2338 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: I've never had SXX and I want my first time to be amazing!
Sounds like the plot to a teen comedy movie.

Sorry OP. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
+1 for Pho Metro. Their rice and vermicelli dishes are excellent as well
Jun 12, 2007
771 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
Another +1 for Pho Metro!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6938 upvotes
Kim Po had super-greasy broth. Wasnt really that good. But the location i went to was the Times Square in RH area. They didnt have many customers even back then.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12726 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: One issue... they’re cheaping out. Less meat. That time the soup wAs still good.
So hopefully they don’t cheap out on that too.
That's too bad - probably something to do with the pandemic.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
9394 wrote: That's too bad - probably something to do with the pandemic.
I know theres that sales principal where psychologically people get more pissed at increasing prices v.s. Cheapening of the product.

So sellers of goods and services usually try to keep price the same and cut cost somewhere else.

But when eating out... i do so for experience. I rather them increase prices so i can have the full experience. Its nicer to have a more expensive bowl of pho with extra meat. Than the same priced one with less meat.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)