Looking for a bicycle + infant seat - Toronto Annual Bike Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2018 9:09 am
[OP]
Apr 10, 2013
238 posts
28 upvotes

Looking for a bicycle + infant seat - Toronto Annual Bike Sale

Not getting traction on the shopping discussion, so looking for some insights here

I know the annual bike sale is coming up and I am really looking for an adult bike with an infant seat - I have a few questions:
  • When going to the sale, do you pick up the bike right there and then or do you go the store later to pick it up?
  • How much would a regular adult bike that's nice enough but not pricey should cost? The bike will be used mostly (exclusively?) on the trails (eg. Don Valley Trails)
  • Any recommendation on particular model for adult bike? What price should I expect at the annual sale to make it a "good deal"?
  • How much would a rear frame infant seat cost?
  • Any recommendation on particular model for infant seat? What price should I expect at the annual sale to make it a "good deal"?
  • Any particular vendor I should focus on?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4515 posts
926 upvotes
Toronto
I believe you aren't going to find infant seat at the Annual Bike Show in Oct.
Your best bet is to visit a bike shop during that weekend cause vendors only bring over stock or "bikes they could not sell during the summer season" to the show. They should have the same sales price in store too.
Aug 5, 2010
380 posts
137 upvotes
Mr. Robo wrote: I believe you aren't going to find infant seat at the Annual Bike Show in Oct.
Your best bet is to visit a bike shop during that weekend cause vendors only bring over stock or "bikes they could not sell during the summer season" to the show. They should have the same sales price in store too.
Agreed - i picked up a new bike the week before the sale last year and prices were great. Good time of year to check out the shops.