Computers & Electronics

Looking for a Blu-ray player that can access Spotify.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2021 7:36 am
[OP]
Jul 14, 2017
276 posts
37 upvotes
Canada

Looking for a Blu-ray player that can access Spotify.

I have an older Oppo BDP-95 Blu-ray player that plays pretty well anything,but it does not support Spotify,so I am looking for a Blu-ray player that can access Spotify.
Must also have RCA or XLR pre-outs.
Brand name plus model number would be helpful.Thanks
5 replies
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1714 posts
590 upvotes
Why not just get an Amazon fire stick and add her into the USB slot of the player. Unless you’re willing to spend close to $1300 on a Panasonic DP-UB9000 4K player for your analog outs but unsure on Spotify app. Not even my Oppo 203 player has a Spotify app to use.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4472 posts
4634 upvotes
GTA
Huck50 wrote: I have an older Oppo BDP-95 Blu-ray player that plays pretty well anything,but it does not support Spotify,so I am looking for a Blu-ray player that can access Spotify.
Must also have RCA or XLR pre-outs.
Brand name plus model number would be helpful.Thanks
Since you're not listing a 4K BluRay player, I assume you don't want 4K support.

Your solution: a used PS3. It has Spotify and will allow you to use RCA audio jacks with the PlayStation media port. You'll still be able to use HDMI for video output.
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Jul 14, 2017
276 posts
37 upvotes
Canada
Invader Gir wrote: Why not just get an Amazon fire stick and add her into the USB slot of the player. Unless you’re willing to spend close to $1300 on a Panasonic DP-UB9000 4K player for your analog outs but unsure on Spotify app. Not even my Oppo 203 player has a Spotify app to use.
Thanks...have you tried that Fire Stick into your Oppo? Thanks,H50
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1714 posts
590 upvotes
Huck50 wrote: Thanks...have you tried that Fire Stick into your Oppo? Thanks,H50
I have not as I don’t really use Spotify or anything else on the Oppo. I usually use the tv or my Series X system for any app usage and send it through my home theatre setup. Stupid receiver is crapping out on me and just purchased a Denon x6700 to replace it. Which funny enough has Spotify support
[external link removed]
[OP]
Jul 14, 2017
276 posts
37 upvotes
Canada
Invader Gir wrote: I have not as I don’t really use Spotify or anything else on the Oppo. I usually use the tv or my Series X system for any app usage and send it through my home theatre setup. Stupid receiver is crapping out on me and just purchased a Denon x6700 to replace it. Which funny enough has Spotify support
Thanks!.