• Apr 14th, 2021 4:24 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11544 posts
2543 upvotes
Montreal

Looking for Bluetooth Headset with mute button and mute LED

Like many others, i now do virtual meetings allllllll the time.

I have a wired logitech headset that has a mute button. When muted, the microphone tip has a red LED.

I am unable to find such a feature (LED) in wireless bluetooth headsets. I desperately want it for single ear (one side headphone).
8 replies
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1694 posts
573 upvotes
Too bad you wanted single ear, because the new Microsoft Wireless Headset would of been a possible choice for you. Works on Xbox RF and also Bluetooth for phones and iPads. (Adaptor also for PC available) Plus it too has a white LED light indicator too let you know if it’s on or off. They are pretty light and sit comfy on my head/ears for the few hours I play at night.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1102 posts
591 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yeah...I know there are stereo headphones have the light on the mic to show you are muted...but not sure about single ear.

I have my Steelseries 7's that have a light on the mic when I mute.

But on my Jabra single ear headphone, it just beeps in the ear when it is muted. There is no light indicator.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11544 posts
2543 upvotes
Montreal
Invader Gir wrote: Too bad you wanted single ear, because the new Microsoft Wireless Headset would of been a possible choice for you. .

Which model is that?
toram23901 wrote: Yeah...I know there are stereo headphones have the light on the mic to show you are muted...but not sure about single ear.

I have my Steelseries 7's that have a light on the mic when I mute.

But on my Jabra single ear headphone, it just beeps in the ear when it is muted. There is no light indicator.
A little reminder beep is acceptable... which model is it?
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1102 posts
591 upvotes
Richmond Hill
alkizmo wrote: A little reminder beep is acceptable... which model is it?
I have an obsolete Jabra Pro 9470 (link). I believe all the Jabra headsets will beep in your ear when muted.
Oct 1, 2009
555 posts
240 upvotes
West coast
My Plantronics Bluetooth headphones' receiver turns red when muted. Not on the headphone per se but a lot more visual
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11544 posts
2543 upvotes
Montreal
doradxplorer wrote: My Plantronics Bluetooth headphones' receiver turns red when muted. Not on the headphone per se but a lot more visual
You mean the base station ?
Nah it needs to be visible even when i am in a car or walking outside.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11544 posts
2543 upvotes
Montreal
Lesson learned : Read the fantastic manual

I had skimmed the manual the first time around and didn't realize that to mute/unmute I had to press and hold a DIFFERENT button.

I also got to read all the other nifty features of my current BT headset.

I'll hold out for now as the core issue (mute button) is resolve and makes this headset replacement less urgent.
I'll keep an eye out for giving myself a birthday/xmas gift later this year :p