• Nov 6th, 2020 9:15 am
[OP]
Feb 9, 2020
69 posts
17 upvotes
Etobicoke

Looking to buy a android gaming phone

Hello,

I'm in the market to buy a phone, strictly for mobile gaming purpose. It will be on WiFi only and it will server no purpose other to play mobile games. I don't want to spend a lot on the phone as the next generation of console are right around the corner but my budget is anything under $800 - $900 CAD.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4155 posts
2428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
iHibachi wrote: Hello,

I'm in the market to buy a phone, strictly for mobile gaming purpose. It will be on WiFi only and it will server no purpose other to play mobile games. I don't want to spend a lot on the phone as the next generation of console are right around the corner but my budget is anything under $800 - $900 CAD.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.
Instead of buying a gaming phone for that price and not utilizing anything more than gaming, why don't you just grab the PS5 when it comes out?

Because trust me, with either phone or gaming system, there'll be a time when it will bore you and you start to wonder, why did I pay this much lol
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
[OP]
Feb 9, 2020
69 posts
17 upvotes
Etobicoke
lamboman wrote: Instead of buying a gaming phone for that price and not utilizing anything more than gaming, why don't you just grab the PS5 when it comes out?

Because trust me, with either phone or gaming system, there'll be a time when it will bore you and you start to wonder, why did I pay this much lol
Already planning on buying the PS5 that not going to change if I buy a phone or not.

Currently playing games on the computer with an emulator and it's frustrating.

And I totally agree with you, my gaming mood changes quickly so i'll pretty much get bored of both the PS5 and gaming phone, but I rather have one incase I want to play again lol.
Dec 28, 2017
404 posts
177 upvotes
Burlington
Can OP just buy a Microsoft tablet and run Andriod EMU on it? At least you can do alot other things with it.
[OP]
Feb 9, 2020
69 posts
17 upvotes
Etobicoke
ayufan wrote: Can OP just buy a Microsoft tablet and run Andriod EMU on it? At least you can do alot other things with it.
My computer is pretty high end in terms of spec. I don't want another PC/Tablet and run a emulator to android games. I rather spend the amount of money I would of spent on tablet on a gaming phone. Just don't know which one.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1307 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
wait till the ROG2 phone goes on sale on amazon again
Graphic Designer
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7573 posts
1510 upvotes
Alberta
How about LG G8X or V60 5G dual screen? Costco.ca has the G8X single screen for $499. A 2nd screen is under $200. Not sure pricing on V60 dual screen...Telus MSRPis $1100.

Dave
[OP]
Feb 9, 2020
69 posts
17 upvotes
Etobicoke
I actually just one bought. Let me know if you still interested I can probably reach my contact person. Not just Red Magic but mainly mostly all non flagship phone
Jan 17, 2013
772 posts
368 upvotes
DavidY wrote: How about LG G8X or V60 5G dual screen? Costco.ca has the G8X single screen for $499. A 2nd screen is under $200. Not sure pricing on V60 dual screen...Telus MSRPis $1100.

Dave
LG V60 has an interesting notification light. Prices will likely drop next year.

Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2934 posts
2536 upvotes
Antarctica
iPad mini or a switch are probably a better idea.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1453 posts
2028 upvotes
Waterloo Region
iHibachi wrote: Hello,

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.
How did this thread get 5 months old and you didn't notice your title has a glaring typo? Please change it to "... an android ..."
Last edited by Gangsta101 on Nov 6th, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7290 posts
2291 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Gangsta101 wrote: How did this thread get 5 month old and you didn't notice your title has a glaring typo? Please change it to "... an android ..."
pedantic much? lol

5 months old