• Apr 23rd, 2020 8:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6149 posts
1417 upvotes
Richmond Hill

looking to buy a Xiaomi Note 10 in Canada

Any reputable stores than can do free shipping? i try to avoid overseas sites like Aliexpress because of long shipping and possible duties.

TIA
9 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14164 posts
4626 upvotes
London
Any stores that you may find it at locally will have a massive markup because they will be reselling phones they bought from Europe/China. Xiaomi phones are no longer sold at real stores Canada.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6149 posts
1417 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Viper98 wrote: Any stores that you may find it at locally will have a massive markup because they will be reselling phones they bought from Europe/China. Xiaomi phones are no longer sold at real stores Canada.
I was looking at swiftronics website. Its listed at 650$ which is reasonable but just sold out.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1216 posts
1110 upvotes
Look up HK Goldway on Aliexpress.

Bought multiple Xiaomi phones from them, last time was in 2018. They don't load up the phone with adware and they list the value low on the phones so you pay little or no duty.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6242 posts
2090 upvotes
bandersnatch wrote: Look up HK Goldway on Aliexpress.

Bought multiple Xiaomi phones from them, last time was in 2018. They don't load up the phone with adware and they list the value low on the phones so you pay little or no duty.
Third party sellers load their own junk onto the phone? It's not sealed?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1216 posts
1110 upvotes
Yup, lots of sellers online will load ROMs which has bloatware that will spam you with ads.

None of the phones will be sealed because third party sellers will be loading global roms on it so you can use them outside of China.

Reputable ones will just put the official global ROM and that's it. All the phones I purchased from HK Goldway looked brand new (plastic film was still on the screen, accessories were sealed, etc).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6149 posts
1417 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bandersnatch wrote: Yup, lots of sellers online will load ROMs which has bloatware that will spam you with ads.

None of the phones will be sealed because third party sellers will be loading global roms on it so you can use them outside of China.

Reputable ones will just put the official global ROM and that's it. All the phones I purchased from HK Goldway looked brand new (plastic film was still on the screen, accessories were sealed, etc).
too bad shipping takes like 2 months, exchange rates sucks now, and paying extra for duties, even if just a bit
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1216 posts
1110 upvotes
yesstyle wrote: too bad shipping takes like 2 months, exchange rates sucks now, and paying extra for duties, even if just a bit
Double check with HK Goldway. When I ordered, they listed the phone as "chinese smartphone, value $50" and I paid no duty.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21302 posts
23689 upvotes
Toronto
I've seen some on the RFD BST forums
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Dec 10, 2012
380 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
I've bought multiple Xiaomi phones from AliExpress. All have come factory sealed or at least to my eye it is factory sealed. I have never seen additional software installed either. Just my experience...