Looking for Canadian ETF equivalent to VUG, MGK, or VOOG

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2020 4:20 pm
[OP]
Oct 12, 2006
378 posts
24 upvotes

Looking for Canadian ETF equivalent to VUG, MGK, or VOOG

Looking for an equivalent ETF to VUG, MGK, or VOOG for US listed large cap growth equities that can be tax efficiently held in a registered account. USD or CAD hedged doesn't matter that much.

Thanks in advance.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
kcin wrote: Looking for an equivalent ETF to VUG, MGK, or VOOG for US listed large cap growth equities that can be tax efficiently held in a registered account. USD or CAD hedged doesn't matter that much.

Thanks in advance.
https://etfdb.com/etfs/
You’re welcome.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
May 18, 2017
509 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
just convert your money and buy those funds.

The only tax advantage you get is when they're in an RRSP. You save the 15% dividend withholding tax in an RRSP.
Oct 21, 2016
946 posts
718 upvotes
whatyoulookinatbud wrote: just convert your money and buy those funds.

The only tax advantage you get is when they're in an RRSP. You save the 15% dividend withholding tax in an RRSP.
Nothing exactly like that Tec ETF by TD has similar top ten holdings
[OP]
Oct 12, 2006
378 posts
24 upvotes
whatyoulookinatbud wrote: just convert your money and buy those funds.

I know with VOOG there is still the dividend withholding tax in an RRSP account which I'm looking to avoid.
May 18, 2017
509 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kcin wrote: I know with VOOG there is still the dividend withholding tax in an RRSP account which I'm looking to avoid.
There is no withholding tax on VOOG or any US listed equity in an RRSP.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2006
378 posts
24 upvotes
Yes my bad, I forgot there is different tax treatment between RESP and RRSP. This solves my question which is basically buy it if being held in an RRSP.

Thanks all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)