• Jul 31st, 2020 4:46 pm
[OP]
May 16, 2010
323 posts
5 upvotes
Markham, ON

Looking for car rental which is open on Sunday Aug 2

Hi,

I am in Markham near Toronto border (Steeles Ave East and Markham Rd). I am looking to rent a car for 1 day Saturday Aug 1. Want to drive to Cambridge and come back in night. So I was planning to return the car on Sunday Aug 2 but have not found any car rental company to give me this deal. Because of stat holiday on Mon Aug 3, looks like all car rental companies are closed on Sunday and Monday. They are asking me to rent for 3 days which is too expensive. Do you guys know of any car rental which is open on Sunday Aug 2? A bit desperate.

TIA
15 replies
Oct 24, 2016
846 posts
701 upvotes
ON
Don’t know about your area, but those around the Pearson airport are probably open.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5602 posts
2790 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah, Pearson airport is probably your only option.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3607 posts
2864 upvotes
srhcan wrote: Hi,

I am in Markham near Toronto border (Steeles Ave East and Markham Rd). I am looking to rent a car for 1 day Saturday Aug 1. Want to drive to Cambridge and come back in night. So I was planning to return the car on Sunday Aug 2 but have not found any car rental company to give me this deal. Because of stat holiday on Mon Aug 3, looks like all car rental companies are closed on Sunday and Monday. They are asking me to rent for 3 days which is too expensive. Do you guys know of any car rental which is open on Sunday Aug 2? A bit desperate.

TIA
Airport location
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
2582 posts
1069 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah, rental companies at the Airport will be open.

:rolleyes: On a side note if you are renting from Entrerprise make sure to take a mechanic along for a pre-rental inspection. Also remove the bumpers and check for excessive mud before signing the contract. The additional insurance they offer do not cover mechanical damage and they may deem you at fault if the car breaks down on you while on your trip.
Last edited by bubuski on Jul 31st, 2020 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27570 posts
12626 upvotes
Toronto
http://www.alphacarrental.ca/our_locations

ALPHA CAR AND TRUCK RENTAL
1350 ELLESMERE RD UNIT 07
SCARBOROUGH, ON
M1P 2X9
CANADA
TEL : +1(416)613-2700

FAX : +1(416)613-2710

E-MAIL :contact@alphacarrental.ca

Hours of Operations

Monday 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Tuesday 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Wednesday 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Thursday 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Friday 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Saturday 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM

Sunday 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13948 posts
8363 upvotes
Toronto
Turo?

lol, not sure if I would ever rent from turo but maybe an option for you if you're willing to take a risk.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
May 16, 2010
323 posts
5 upvotes
Markham, ON
booblehead wrote: http://www.alphacarrental.ca/our_locations

ALPHA CAR AND TRUCK RENTAL
1350 ELLESMERE RD UNIT 07
SCARBOROUGH, ON
M1P 2X9
CANADA
TEL : +1(416)613-2700

FAX : +1(416)613-2710

E-MAIL :contact@alphacarrental.ca

Hours of Operations

Monday 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Tuesday 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Wednesday 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Thursday 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Friday 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Saturday 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM

Sunday 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
I called them but they are close on this weekend
Oct 24, 2016
846 posts
701 upvotes
ON
bubuski wrote: Yeah, rental companies at the Airport will be open.

:rolleyes: On a side note if you are renting from Entrerprise make sure to take a mechanic along for a pre-rental inspection. Also remove the bumpers and check for excessive mud before signing the contract. The additional insurance they offer do not cover mechanical damage and they may deem you at fault if the car breaks down on you while on your trip.
Face With Tears Of Joy Face With Tears Of Joy
It would be hilarious if someone actually lands up at Enterprise to pick up the rental car with tool box in hand and starts to dismantle the bumpers. On being questioned by staff show the news item and ask them to sign a waiver if they don’t want bumpers taken off to complete the inspection. Bringing along a cameraman from the local news station to record all this would be the icing on the cake.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27570 posts
12626 upvotes
Toronto
srhcan wrote: I called them but they are close on this weekend
You think Home Depot / Lowe’s can rent you a truck overnight?

Just a thought Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8093 posts
4601 upvotes
Kootenays
No business wants to rent out the middle night of a long weekend!! We're in the resort business and would never consider it. 3 night minimum for us.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2167 posts
798 upvotes
Hometown
smacd wrote: No business wants to rent out the middle night of a long weekend!! We're in the resort business and would never consider it. 3 night minimum for us.
I agree with the point you are trying to make but car rentals are different because if they have NOT rented the car by close of business on Saturday. That car is NOT going anywhere for the next 2 days if all the locations are closed....

So if they could rent it at 11:45 am on Saturday just before they close until 11:45 am on Sunday it would revenue they would not have gotten...

Resorts or hotels can have people show up at all hours and need a room... for an hour, 2 days, even a weekend.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8093 posts
4601 upvotes
Kootenays
Canuck2fan wrote: I agree with the point you are trying to make but car rentals are different because if they have NOT rented the car by close of business on Saturday. That car is NOT going anywhere for the next 2 days if all the locations are closed....

So if they could rent it at 11:45 am on Saturday just before they close until 11:45 am on Sunday it would revenue they would not have gotten...

Resorts or hotels can have people show up at all hours and need a room... for an hour, 2 days, even a weekend.
Yes, but they save paying staff time and a half and a day off in lieu of working the holiday, too. Most are cutting their losses. In our tourist area, no accommodators will rent out the middle night of a long weekend and especially this year, when we were all closed for 3 months, it's a very high expectation for someone to ask. Nobody really wants the first or last night of a long weekend, so those nights would get missed. In the interest of virus protection, it makes much more sense for guests and staff for guests to extend a stay rather than hop scotch a night here, a night there, etc.

I could imagine the same logic in the car rental business.
Last edited by smacd on Jul 31st, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6759 posts
1248 upvotes
Scarborough
Get it today dude
Its ling weekend many people getting rentals so suck it up or go airport location
Try to pickup as early as u can